Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lol ironically enough, Russ’ trade value increases as we get closer to the deadline. Teams trading for Russ don’t care about his performance. Trading for Russ gives them a chance to get off $47M worth of long-term contracts after this season in one fell swoop. There’s a lot of value in that, especially for re-building teams. They can use that cap space to take on more bad contracts with picks attached. Lakers are smart to wait it out.

If there was as much value as you think, Russ would've been moved already
The problem with Russ is he makes too much money so it's not a simple swap, any team trading will have to give up multiple players.
Lakers can also just sit it out and clear up tons of cap space to take a shot at Kyrie next summer instead of trading an expiring massive contract for bad contracts with more years left

They need to get quality role players for cheaper rates and develop guys like Miami. Get a guy like Cam Reddish. Guys like Aaron Holiday. Their depth is abysmal. It's going to be hard to win if you are so dependent on an old LeBron.

If the Lakers can sign a ton of guys for a lower rate, they may have a shot.

If I do a trade, it would be something like this

Sexton, Olynk, Marrkeaan and Kessler for those picks.

Gets you a legit 6th man who can start in Sexton

Lauri can play the 3 and 4 like he did for CLE

Kelly gives them a shooter off the bench

Kessler gives them a young talented center they haven't had since Zubac who has more upsides.

For that, I would consider trading the picks for

Not Hield or Turner.

Both of them are overpaid and not that good. Whereas all of the other guys are paid exactly what they are value wise and Sexton is a coup. You basically solve all of the Lakers issue with the Jazz deal. That said, getting the Jazz to do this is only possible if they are winning too many games in a need to tank year.
:dead: @ Jazz trading away basically all their young fairly cheap talent for some picks in 5-7 years. They're not that desperate to tank that they need to have a fire sale again they already did that over the summer. If they want to lose games they'll just do like the Thunder have and fake injuries and sit those guys

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Buddy doesn't defend and his shot selection is bad and his BBIQ isn't much to write about. He's simply not good.

Turner is good but you gotta pay him and he has to stay healthy. To me, Hield and Turner for Russ is easy but for two 1sts unprotected in the future on a team that's not gonna have Bron. I couldn't do it. No way.

The entire roster is locked in on D right now. LeBron is engaged, AD is AD, Pat Bev is probably the best on ball defender we have, and Juan locked up George so bad, they had to start pick n roll offense on him.
We can have Buddy on the court, and not miss a step. Fam, Russ just went 0-11, 0-6 from 3:Tim:

There is nothing y'all can say to me that refutes Buddy would literally have been a better option. As bad as he purportedly is, he would have been a positive over Russ. Just facts.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
No, we don't "know" that at all.

We just lost by 5. LeBron and AD missed 4 free throws combined. Buddy makes two threes, we win that game.

Game was competitive the entire way. Look at the previous game, and you'll see the same. Difference was, in the first game, the other team actually could shoot, which was literally the difference. You're not keeping Golden State from hitting threes all game. But you can defend them well, and we did-- we just couldn't fight back.

We just shot 9 for 40 from three in a single game. Buddy makes 4 threes a game.

Quick math: Lost by 5 > Buddy makes 4 threes > win by 7.

Turner is a bonus, especially because he gives you size and rim protection when AD is out. The real positive of that trade is Buddy and getting rid of Russ.
Know what? I would not put this team above Clippers/Nuggets/Warriors if the trade was made. I would put more teams above that 5 too. That trade would give us a decent starting 5 but still a very weak bench. Clippers barely tried tonight, lets be real lol.

AD 2 games in took a hard fall and might miss some games. The only guy you can ask to be consistent here is LeBron and even he has missed 15+ games every season here. My scenario is more realistic than this team winning a ring with that Buddy/Turner trade only. Maybe if we had 2020 version of AD where he was damn near unstoppable, he's not that person anymore.

I been on the Buddy train and wanted him over Russ, I am just not trading 2 to get him and Turner if its not leading to at least a WCF birth which its not. We will see where this team is in one week

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Buddy doesn't defend and his shot selection is bad and his BBIQ isn't much to write about. He's simply not good.

Turner is good but you gotta pay him and he has to stay healthy. To me, Hield and Turner for Russ is easy but for two 1sts unprotected in the future on a team that's not gonna have Bron. I couldn't do it. No way.
Except... Russ doesn't defend either, and his shot selection is bad, and his BBIQ is terrible. For this team, Hield is better than Russ cause he can actually hit 3's and spread the floor

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn’t panic if I were the lakers ..aside from the 3rd quarters of both these games ..they’ve looked pretty engaged defensively and LeBron and AD look great for the most part ..you have to think that even with mediocre shooters overall they’re not going to shoot 20% from 3 in the rest of these games and in a game like this going from rock bottom shooting to even subpar shooting like 32% could potentially have been the difference between a win and a loss. Another encouraging sign is now free Lonnie Walker seems to be playing ..if he keeps embracing that energy role he could be nice for the team

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Except... Russ doesn't defend either, and his shot selection is bad, and his BBIQ is terrible. For this team, Hield is better than Russ cause he can actually hit 3's and spread the floor
I don't think you get it. I am not comparing the two. Russ is horrible right now but the assets to get Hield isn't worth the trade.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I don't think you get it. I am not comparing the two. Russ is horrible right now but the assets to get Hield isn't worth the trade.
I suppose I'm just of the mindset that the 27-29 pick is worth it cause. Maximizing the next couple of years with a Bron/AD combo, and that those 2 (Turner and Hield) really could turn us into a "contender" in the sense that we got a shot heading into the playoffs.

There has to be a move made now, you can't have this roster through the entire season.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Know what? I would not put this team above Clippers/Nuggets/Warriors if the trade was made. I would put more teams above that 5 too. That trade would give us a decent starting 5 but still a very weak bench

We almost beat them with Russ going 0-11 lol

Clippers barely tried tonight, lets be real lol.

:Tim:

:mjlol:

giveup.gif

McPiff

#goat
Daps
Hope they dont trade the picks unless they a great haul.
Myles and buddy is not it