Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Kuzma plays the position of 2 of our best players, he was a horrible fit after that and struggled at the biggest moments. Entire fanbase wanted him gone after the Suns series. Even for Kuzma himself, he should want nothing to do with the Lakers if he doesn't get to play the position he wants to play. Wizards allow him that.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Kuzma plays the position of 2 of our best players, he was a horrible fit after that and struggled at the biggest moments. Entire fanbase wanted him gone after the Suns series. Even for Kuzma himself, he should want nothing to do with the Lakers if he doesn't get to play the position he wants to play. Wizards allow him that.
Disagree heavily with this. He was great at his role. With the Lakers, he was a great rebounder and turned into a very good defender.

Hit the 3 at a decent enough clip and was able to hit some big shots when called upon. Never ever understood the hate

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Disagree heavily with this. He was great at his role. With the Lakers, he was a great rebounder and turned into a very good defender.

Hit the 3 at a decent enough clip and was able to hit some big shots when called upon. Never ever understood the hate
Because you didn't watch him in the playoffs. His career three point percentage is lower than Lonnie Walker's and Kuz is shooting 30% this season.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

Hit the 3 at a decent enough clip
and was able to hit some big shots when called upon. Never ever understood the hate
A great defender is Marcus Smart, yall just started calling him that because he wasn't Kanter level anymore. He was still getting cooked for the most part by elite players lol. He shot 29% and 17% in the Suns series, and 31% from 3 in the bubble year. Like I said, after the Suns series, you can easily go back and read the comments on any Lakers group, people wanted him and the other role players gone. They all played horrible. Fans did the same thing with Danny Green trade when they sent him death threats.

Kuzma is at his best when he gets to take his shots, like Clarkson in Utah. You hold those guys back and they look lost. They strive off their confidence.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Look at Walker stats with the big 2 and look at Kuzma, its not even close (as far as regular season) goes. And Walker will be much cheaper. Walker is just a much better fit with AD and LeBron. Also 4 years younger. Kuzma thrives at PF, he cant play that here. I would re-sign Walker 100% if his play holds up till end of the year.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
A great defender is Marcus Smart, yall just started calling him that because he wasn't Kanter level anymore. He was still getting cooked for the most part by elite players lol. He shot 29% and 17% in the Suns series, and 31% from 3 in the bubble year. Like I said, after the Suns series, you can easily go back and read the comments on any Lakers group, people wanted him and the other role players gone. They all played horrible. Fans did the same thing with Danny Green trade when they sent him death threats.

Kuzma is at his best when he gets to take his shots, like Clarkson in Utah. You hold those guys back and they look lost. They strive off their confidence.
Kuz def turned himself into a very good defender on the Lakers.. words are important, and I didn't say ELITE which is what Camby was. Words are important, and hopefully you'll be able to distinguish between good defender vs elite defender

Every defender is gonna get "cooked" by elite offensive wings.. do you even watch basketball? He had the length and speed to disrupt shots, along with enough crashing the boards heavy... Which is exactly what this Lakers team desperately needs.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
turner is switching reps to caa... him to the Lakers is over. people saying clips but zubac doing his defensive thing

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Kuz def turned himself into a very good defender on the Lakers.. words are important, and I didn't say ELITE which is what Camby was. Words are important, and hopefully you'll be able to distinguish between good defender vs elite defender

Every defender is gonna get "cooked" by elite offensive wings.. do you even watch basketball? He had the length and speed to disrupt shots, along with enough crashing the boards heavy... Which is exactly what this Lakers team desperately needs.
Very good would equal near elite, you did not just say good. :hubie:Words are important, and hopefully you'll be able to distinguish between good defender vs very good defender.

Very good defenders would make it tough for elite wings. I would describe someone like Dillon Brooks a very good defender? Do you think Kuzma was once on his level? I watch basketball and I would say no. Elite wings will always get theirs but it is the level of difficulty on how they get it, and there wasn't much difficulty vs Kuzma. He also never crashed the boards heavy:skip:, year 1 he averaged his lowest rebs in his career. Year 2, he did get it back up but still not career best.

Not even gonna mention you just blatanlty being wrong about him shooting 3s at a decent clip.

Lakers are #6 in defensive ranking this year and have been top 10 for most of this season. Anyone watching the basketball would mention many things that this team needs desperately but a 30% 3 point shooter Kyle Kuzma would not be on my top 10.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
A very good defender = Paul George/Klay Thompson type at their best. Please show me the footage that you were watching where Kuzma played that type of defense at any point. I must have been blind during those years
full