Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Very good would equal near elite, you did not just say good. :hubie:Words are important, and hopefully you'll be able to distinguish between good defender vs very good defender.

Very good defenders would make it tough for elite wings. I would describe someone like Dillon Brooks a very good defender? Do you think Kuzma was once on his level? I watch basketball and I would say no. Elite wings will always get theirs but it is the level of difficulty on how they get it, and there wasn't much difficulty vs Kuzma. He also never crashed the boards heavy:skip:, year 1 he averaged his lowest rebs in his career. Year 2, he did get it back up but still not career best.

Not even gonna mention you just blatanlty being wrong about him shooting 3s at a decent clip.

Lakers are #6 in defensive ranking this year and have been top 10 for most of this season. Anyone watching the basketball would mention many things that this team needs desperately but a 30% 3 point shooter Kyle Kuzma would not be on my top 10.
A very good defender is a player who can disrupt/slightly alter timing of shots or get people off their shots... Elite defenders, like people you mentioned who made 1st team all defense and DPOTY, are in an entirely different category where they can disrupt entire game plans or shut down specific opponents. Hopefully you learn the difference when you become more knowledgeable in ball kid

Yeah this is how I know you're a box score watcher instead of actually WATCHING the games, because Kuzmas role throughout the course of his time in LA had molded and he was looked at as someone who was crashing the boards HEAVY.

Yikes...... Please become more knowledgeable on ball kid, I'm begging you. The Lakers need another wing defender who can spread the floor and who will crash the glass while also being able to create his own shot (along with another rim protecting big) and Kuzma does exactly that at a MUCH better level than Troy Brown Jr. Please just stop with your ball analysis. It's honestly making my head hurt reading what you're writing right now

PG and Klay are/were ELITE 2 Way wings, and specifically ELITE defenders. There are categories that every fan is aware of when talking positives about players.. good, great, and elite (in that order)

Come on now kid, don't make me have to hold your hand through this discussion now. I know it's hard to think critically, but please do try. I'm begging you

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
His bad rebounding #s don't matter in the discussion but how he "looked" matters more apparently, lol. Giving me quotes from his teammates does not mean shyt. I can find you LeBron and AD praising Westbrook this season, they are being good teammates.

An elite defender is a Draymond Green/Kawhi/Gobert/AD/etc. I love PG and Klay as defenders but they have never reached that tier of a defender. They can miss games, and the defensive gameplan would not take a dip like it does with the elite defenders I listed. Those guys can make and break your team depending on if they play or not. That is why I Klay/PG very good defenders, and not elite. There is a clear distinction between the two.

Kuzma, when he improved, is what you can call an average defender, he will have good plays, and bad plays on the defensive end. The reason he got praised so much was he finally started showing effort, he went from a MPJr type defender to an average defender. He deserved credit for that, but that does not mean we are going to start lying about him as an overall defender.

Even if somehow you think Klay and PG are in the elite category with the others, that is fine. We can talk about other guys like Brooks, J Brown, etc, who are both good defenders and but not perfect defenders. Kuzma never once in his life has come close to either of those guys as a defender. Accusing me of not watching games but then continually posting wrong things about Kuzma's game is funny. A 30% shooter will somehow spread the floor for us:ohhh:!! Kuzma who struggled to get his own looks in the 2 years with AD and Bron will somehow create his own shot :ohhh:(one of his biggest weaknesses as an offensive player). I am just gonna put your dumbass on ignore. If you are gonna argue and be wrong, at least be respectful.🤡

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I mean the Lakers are fine to a degree. AD found his form Bron's found his shot seemingly and got a nice two week break. The rotational guys are playing well. Roles are defined. I mean looking up until Christmas only the Bucks, Jazz, and 76'ers have an answer for AD on the inside. He should look to continue dominating.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I mean the Lakers are fine to a degree. AD found his form Bron's found his shot seemingly and got a nice two week break. The rotational guys are playing well. Roles are defined. I mean looking up until Christmas only the Bucks, Jazz, and 76'ers have an answer for AD on the inside. He should look to continue dominating.

They almost gave up 140 points without AD and Pat Bev they are not fine.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Nah, I still think there are issues but at the very least the beginning of the season wasn’t indicative of what the team was really made of.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They almost gave up 140 points without AD and Pat Bev they are not fine.
back to back and most of that started inthe latter half of the 4th when they let go of the rope..

of course the team still hyas issues but they are not as bad as how they started the season

Mars

Superstar
Daps
If LA is healthy they will make it to the finals and possibly win the championship.

* There are no dominant teams in the West.
* The Lakers have 2 top 10 regular season players (Top 5 in the playoffs).....but they have to stay healthy.
* Schroder starting means more production at pg plus a legit ball-hander who can get to the basket and create open shots.

All LA needs now is a solid defensive big and a very good shooter.....A defensive wing would be nice, but no team has everything.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If LA is healthy they will make it to the finals and possibly win the championship.

* There are no dominant teams in the West.
* The Lakers have 2 top 10 regular season players (Top 5 in the playoffs).....but they have to stay healthy.
* Schroder starting means more production at pg plus a legit ball-hander who can get to the basket and create open shots.

All LA needs now is a solid defensive big and a very good shooter.....A defensive wing would be nice, but no team has everything.
Stop posting. :mjlol:

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Stop posting. :mjlol:
Bro said 'possibly win the championship’:sadcam:

I legit think breh is the reincarnation of
BcwP9rh6oifdO1XQnN1zg-332EgN3IAtn1vCtja-1V5FRmmzx02c21qtLxCGcXB9SQje2REhiWjOfA=w2880-h1200-p-l90-rj

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I swear the Clippers always get teams least effort when they got to play the Lakers next. Hield and Turner gonna look like Ray Allen and Kareem when they play the Lakers. :francis: