Controversy warning: Egypt was neither exclusive black, arab, or white

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Yeah the Ancient Egyptians were "mixed..." Mixed with other Africans that is as Ancient Egypt was a very heterogeneous society of different Africans. Remember different Africans lived in the wet Sahara; ancestors of Nilotic, Afro-Asiatic and Niger-Congo speakers. They further mixed with each other in the Nile Valley. The Egyptian language itself is proof of this.

Glad you mentioned this.

I remember reading about Diop mentioning many words in Wolof being either similar to the Egyptian language in this...

unesco-vol2.jpg

Can you tell me more about the nature of the Kemetic language being mixed or sharing a similarities with other African peoples because of a Saharan inheritance? I've come across this before. I might have read about in an article or heard about on Coast to Coast AM when Robert Bauval.

Any links?

And are there studies into current Saharan, Sahel, SSA and the similarities the share with the ancient egyptians language?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Glad you mentioned this.

I remember reading about Diop mentioning many words in Wolof being either similar to the Egyptian language in this...

unesco-vol2.jpg

Can you tell me more about the nature of the Kemetic language being mixed or sharing a similarities with other African peoples because of a Saharan inheritance? I've come across this before. I might have read about in an article or heard about on Coast to Coast AM when Robert Bauval.

Any links?

And are there studies into current Saharan, Sahel, SSA and the similarities the share with the ancient egyptians language?

I don't know about mixed with Wolof(Diop was advanced for his time, but theres nothing that really links Wolof to Egyptian), but I do know that even though Egyptian was Afro-Asiatic it had a good number of Nilotic loan words(like Chadic) and there are even good arguments that there is similarities between Bantu and Egyptian. That is for another time.

Anyways as for the bolded, I am too lazy right now, but I suggest watching these videos and subscribing to he video uploader.

Jammer22

All Star
Daps

Thanks for the videos, breh.

I think you right about the Wolof thing.I read that the other later researchers determined some of the similarities might have came from the common proto-culture in the more fertile Sahara rather than having direct ties to Egypt.

yates

All Star
Daps
This nikka @Chicken Pot Pie a fukking clown :dead:

I love it when these clowns talk about how the Nubian dynasty was black, implicitly Tryna say the previous ones were non African.

So much evidence of African Egyptians long before the 25th dynasty.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
This nikka @Chicken Pot Pie a fukking clown :dead:

I love it when these clowns talk about how the Nubian dynasty was black, implicitly Tryna say the previous ones were non African.

So much evidence of African Egyptians long before the 25th dynasty.
Whatever breh. I posted my reasoning several times. I'm out. I made this thread in the locker room originally for a purpose.

It's a shyt post.

yates

All Star
Daps
Whatever breh. I posted my reasoning several times. I'm out. I made this thread in the locker room originally for a purpose.

It's a shyt post.

:pachaha: Breh you didn't say anything groundbreaking though. Only an idiot would think a civilisation that stood for over 3000 years would be ethnically homogeneous.

But the way in which Western Europe is multicultural, though we all know who the indigenous people are and who primarily governs it is the same with Egypt but with Africans.

Your post made it seem like Egypt was multiracial from the 1st dynasty :pachaha:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
:pachaha: Breh you didn't say anything groundbreaking though. Only an idiot would think a civilisation that stood for over 3000 years would be ethnically homogeneous.

But the way in which Western Europe is multicultural, though we all know who the indigenous people are and who primarily governs it is the same with Egypt but with Africans.

Your post made it seem like Egypt was multiracial from the 1st dynasty :pachaha:
But here is the thing. I never said that. Lol I can't be blamed if you're reading what you want from it. Also there are people out there who argue that it was ethnically homogenous throughout.

I'm not a fukking historian or archeologist. I'm obviously as some dude on the internet who doesn't even major in history is not going to say anything ground breaking or new.

Brehs looking for one type of fight and are sorely disappointed when I'm not giving it to them. Sorry they're sol. Have fun.

I pointed out two dynasties that are diametrically different ethnically to high light a point. As I said I didn't make this thread in higher learning or here originally because I didn't even have an in depth academic debate in mind.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't disagree but again, we know this isn't how this topic is usually framed. On white forums with white biases, they'll say blacks only existed as slaves in Ancient Egypt, which is untrue. While on maybe this site you'll find people who make very general statements to imply that Egypt was black throughout all of its history.

Like I said, this debate has become fodder in racial conflict instead of being objective in its nature depending on who you talk to. That is more of the issue.

I'm not interested in a long debate on the matter, just highlighting the information. I don't want to be data dumped on tbh. If there are pointed, self-constructed, posts that are within reasonable length though I'm for it but I don't think we'll disagree on anything really.

Yeah, but what did the ancient Greeks say about the Egyptians? They actually visited Egypt and saw the Egyptians. I wonder what they thought the Egyptians looked like?

jbhmmm.png

"...Some of the most often quoted historians are Strabo, Diodorus Siculus, and Herodotus.[45] Herodotus states in a few passages that the Egyptians were black/dark. According to most translations, Herodotus states that a Greek oracle was known to be from Egypt because she was "black", that the natives of the Nile region are "black with heat", and that Egyptians were "black skinned with woolly hair".[38] Lucian observes an Egyptian boy and notices that he is not merely black, but has thick lips.[37] Diodorus Siculus mentioned that the Aethiopians considered the Egyptians a colony.[46]Appollodorus, a Greek, calls Egypt the country of the black footed ones.[37] Aeschylus, a Greek poet, wrote that Egyptian seamen had "black limbs."[47] Greeks sometimes referred to Egyptians as Aethiopians[48]not to be confused with inhabitants of the modern-day nation of Ethiopia who were instead referred to as Abyssinians or Habesha and their land as Abyssinia.

Gaston Maspero states that "by the almost unanimous testimony of ancient [Greek] historians, they [Ancient Egyptians] belonged to the African race, which settled in Ethiopia... ."

Black Egyptian hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fwiw, Ethiopia (aka Aethiopia) is what the Greeks called Black people. The country of Abyssinia eventually adopted the name; similar to the way that Ghana adopted the name of Kingdom of Ghana. Additionally, the Greeks, Romans, Arabs, English, French and Germans didn't come to Egypt until Egypt was in complete collapse.

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

yates

All Star
Daps
But here is the thing. I never said that. Lol I can't be blamed if you're reading what you want from it. Also there are people out there who argue that it was ethnically homogenous throughout.

I'm not a fukking historian or archeologist. I'm obviously as some dude on the internet who doesn't even major in history is not going to say anything ground breaking or new.

Brehs looking for one type of fight and are sorely disappointed when I'm not giving it to them. Sorry they're sol. Have fun.

I pointed out two dynasties that are diametrically different ethnically to high light a point. As I said I didn't make this thread in higher learning or here originally because I didn't even have an in depth academic debate in mind.

Well Egypt definitely was not 100% black throughout, anyone who argues that hasn't done any extensive research on the topic.

But it was an African culture that was founded by Africans who migrated up to the Nile upon desertification of the Sahara. If you read up about predynastic Egypt ( naqada, badari), it becomes obvious as hell.

Non Africans in Egypt were basically assimilating into an African culture. But I would never deny the middle eastern influence on Egypt. They adopted many of their military customs as well as some of their architecture from them.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You see all these people getting into pissing contests on the net, mostly between the pro-black people and the white supremacists side, cherry picking facts when it suits them best.

Yet, neither of them are completely correct.

Egypt had a total of 31 different dynasties over a 3000 year period. You had black led dynasties such as the Nubian/Kush led dynasties such as the twenty-fifth dynasty
Twenty-fifth Dynasty of Egypt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You also had Macedonian white Greeks rule at one time with Ptolomy's
Ptolemaic dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ancient Egypt was not a mono-racial empire.

Stop acting like it was. That is your PSA for today.

Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs related to Ugandans - DNA

reviews01+pix.gif

Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs related to Ugandans - DNA

A trip down Uganda’s memory lane… | AFR 110: Intro to Contemporary Africa
DNA shows Ancient Egyptian Pharoahs were from Uganda - ATQ News

I am waiting on your next thread where you will reveal to us that the Ugandans are actually related to Czechoslovakians.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're misinterpreting my post. What I'm saying is not every 31 of the dynasties were black. Not saying you had a Nubian and a Greek in the same household. Incest as you stated was common sthis is obviously not the case.

But at the same time lets not pretend that there are people whether misinformed or being disingenuous that state that all of the dynasties were all black and if you go on white supremacist forum you have dudes trying to argue they were blonde hair whites. I'm more attacking those who use the history as a way to fuel racial superiority and have selective emphasis. You guys are coming in with your individual perspective and stating " no one ever stated that" because you, individually never stated that. If that is the case then I'm not talking about you. Like I said just google is cleopatra black or blonde hair Egyptians and then tell me I'm misguided as far as what I'm highlighting.

You guys are revved up because you think I'm some white supremacist trying to say blacks were nothing but slaves and had no role in Egypt. but I never said that or implied it.

Some of the dynasties in Egypt were not even dynasties. The 7th dynasty may not have existed. The 10th dynasty may have just been a continuation of the 9th dynasty. There may be other dynasties that no one knows about.

List of ancient Egyptian dynasties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thabo

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Only African-Americans obsess over Egypt. We straight in Africa.

Daps
You see all these people getting into pissing contests on the net, mostly between the pro-black people and the white supremacists side, cherry picking facts when it suits them best.

Yet, neither of them are completely correct.

Egypt had a total of 31 different dynasties over a 3000 year period. You had black led dynasties such as the Nubian/Kush led dynasties such as the twenty-fifth dynasty
Twenty-fifth Dynasty of Egypt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You also had Macedonian white Greeks rule at one time with Ptolomy's
Ptolemaic dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ancient Egypt was not a mono-racial empire.

Stop acting like it was. That is your PSA for today.

1)No one is claiming Egypt is black but what proceeded it Kemet was most definitely a black civilization

2) the vast majority and al of the most important Egyptian kingdoms were black/African....i don't count the Greco-Roman and Assyrian occupation as part of the dynasty but even during those times the majority of the population was black.

Daps
Only African-Americans obsess over Egypt. We straight in Africa.
only a cac or c00n would be offended by black people taking interest in one of our great civilizations...one of the most revered black scholars of Egypt is African(Cheikh Anta Diop:sas2: