MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
whether the game is cross gen is up to the developer
Sony might have told SM we prefer cross gen because of money and the ps4 users
But SM has the final say on whether the game will be cross gen
If SM wants it PS5 exclusive it's ps5 exclusive if they don't care about limiting the scope of the game and want maximum money it is cross gen
this decision was made years before any shortage
Nah man. Sony signing the checks. I’m sure they respect the devs wishes but ultimately they work for Sony not the other way around.

I think the fact that they have not confirmed it’s a PS5 exclusive means they are working on a PS4 version.

Daps
Nah man. Sony signing the checks. I’m sure they respect the devs wishes but ultimately they work for Sony not the other way around.

I think the fact that they have not confirmed it’s a PS5 exclusive means they are working on a PS4 version.
yeah but at the end of the day they give their developers freedom
look at what happened in TLOU2 :mjpls:
if that were the case no game coming out in 2020 would be ps5 exclusive yet returnal and r&c are
if it's cross gen no surprise since they contradicted their own "we believe in generations" bullshyt a while ago and are money hungry:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if that were the case no game coming out in 2020 would be ps5 exclusive yet returnal and r&c are
if it's cross gen no surprise since they contradicted their own "we believe in generations" bullshyt a while ago and are money hungry:mjlol:

A companies number one goal is to make a profit

If you can sell 60 million copies of something or 5 million copies what are you gonna aim for? It’s not money hungry to make rational and smart business decisions

And they haven’t contradicted themselves because so far they are the only ones who have given us next gen games, hardware, and UI updates/overhauls

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They chose games for strategic reasons.

Less popular games can get a boost by being “next gen” and they can charge $70 for them.

Their most popular games that will sell millions on PS4, they put out on PS4

Daps
A companies number one goal is to make a profit

If you can sell 60 million copies of something or 5 million copies what are you gonna aim for? It’s not money hungry to make rational and smart business decisions

And they haven’t contradicted themselves because so far they are the only ones who have given us next gen games, hardware, and UI updates/overhauls
all the exclusives in 2020 would be cross gen but they're not
and yes Sony has contradicted themselves
they mocked MS w/ their "we believe in generations" and then announced Spiderman as cross gen but made it seem like it was ps5 exclusive when they first announced it and came out w/ "cross gen through 2022" bullshyt
What will most likely happen is there will be a mix of ps5 exclusives and cross gen games for these first two years, then all ps5 exclusive after 2022

Daps
They chose games for strategic reasons.

Less popular games can get a boost by being “next gen” and they can charge $70 for them.

Their most popular games that will sell millions on PS4, they put out on PS4
we'll see
but why not make the less popular games cross gen too to boost profit?
The new exclusive IPs like Stray, Solar Ash, Little Devil Inside, etc. are cross gen
if it's cross gen and delayed no surprise

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
we'll see
but why not make the less popular games cross gen too to boost profit?
The new exclusive IPs like Stray, Solar Ash, Little Devil Inside, etc. are cross gen
if it's cross gen and delayed no surprise
Because the fact that they are “next gen only” boosts their status

How many people would be really excited about destruction all stars if it was released on a random Wednesday on PSN?

Making it a “next gen exclusive launch game” raised its status instantly even though it was delayed.

Daps
Because the fact that they are “next gen only” boosts their status

How many people would be really excited about destruction all stars if it was released on a random Wednesday on PSN?

Making it a “next gen exclusive launch game” raised its status instantly even though it was delayed.
all the games releasing in 2021 would be cross gen if it's all profit if Sony gets the final say no matter what but they're not.

now you are using a new argument when I'm just following the logic of your previous one

I think the exclusives will be a mixture of ps5 only and cross gen for the first two years (cross gen through 2022 according to Jim Ryan) and will be ps5 only afterwards

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
all the games releasing in 2021 would be cross gen if it's all profit if Sony gets the final say no matter what but they're not.
What I’m saying is they make more profit off those games by them being “next gen” cause they would not have sold very well on PS4 anyway. They also help them sell more consoles.

now you are using a new argument when I'm just following the logic of your previous one
I have not changed anything. You ok breh??

I think the exclusives will be a mixture of ps5 only and cross gen for the first years and will be ps5 only afterwards
Agreed

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:ehh:Meanwhile PC Gang is not having such problems and eating good off of the services of Ubiplay, EA Access, PC Game Pass, Epic free games, and etc. The concept of copping a "new console" because "new" is silly to me because at the end of the day, you are left with a overpriced upgrade to the PS4 and a overpriced Steam Box (aka Sex Bone).

Meanwhile, you can easily cop a mid tier gaming desktop or laptop and go to town. Hell, even if the PC is outdated or holding itself back, you have Stadia to fall back on. Yet in 2021, folks are hounding Best Buy reps and selling their souls to scalpers for a overrated and overpriced console :francis:.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:ehh:Meanwhile PC Gang is not having such problems and eating good off of the services of Ubiplay, EA Access, PC Game Pass, Epic free games, and etc. The concept of copping a "new console" because "new" is silly to me because at the end of the day, you are left with a overpriced upgrade to the PS4 and a overpriced Steam Box (aka Sex Bone).

Meanwhile, you can easily cop a mid tier gaming desktop or laptop and go to town. Hell, even if the PC is outdated or holding itself back, you have Stadia to fall back on. Yet in 2021, folks are hounding Best Buy reps and selling their souls to scalpers for a overrated and overpriced console :francis:.
Last gen consoles playing the same games as your old ass PC.

To upgrade your console is the same as to upgrade your PC.

Right now new PC parts are just as hard to find as the next gen consoles.

Daps
What I’m saying is they make more profit off those games by them being “next gen” cause they would not have sold very well on PS4 anyway.

I have not changed anything. You ok breh??

Agreed
By the logic posted in this thread, all the exclusives in 2021 would be cross gen but they're not
I make that point and now you shift to some other point about lesser know games selling better because it is marketed as next gen :mjlol:
No Sony would have made them cross gen to get maximum profit
We're repeating ourselves now so at least we agreed Sony is going to release a mix of ps5 exclusives and cross gen for this year and next year

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Last gen consoles playing the same games as your old ass PC.

To upgrade your console is the same as to upgrade your PC.

Right now new PC parts are just as hard to find as the next gen consoles.

Yet its all optional:ld:. Folks can easily eat off of a 2080 and keep it bouncing. You can still get good performance with the 2000x series and a good Intel/AMD chip. Hell, I'm eating good off of my Legion right now. The whole concept of trying to turn your PC into some NASA shyt is for them birds, when you can rock with a mid tier graphics card and good CPU:ehh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
By the logic posted in this thread, all the exclusives in 2021 would be cross gen but they're not
I make that point and now you shift to some other point about lesser know games selling better because it is marketed as next gen :mjlol:
No Sony would have made them cross gen to get maximum profit
I have not shifted anything. It’s the same thing I said the first time I posted on the topic in here.

You just have poor reading comprehension apparently.

Desteuction all stars releases as a Random PS4 title, first off it wouldn’t cost $70. Second, nobody would care.

Destruction all stars is an “exclusive launch title” it instantly become one of the most sought after titles out. And they can sell it for $70.

Overall that makes them MORE profit than just releasing as another PSN game that will get lost in the wash.

We are seeing the same thing with “the medium” on the Xbox side.

Game would have been just another indie horror game. But Microsoft put it on their stage and called it a “next gen exclusive” and it got talked about and purchased in a way it never would have been otherwise.