Console shortages to continue well into 2021

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got the ps5 and xsx, and decided to wait till the 4000 series to upgrade gpu(couldnt justify upgrading from a 2080ti).

i hate how the scalpers ruining shyt for other people. All these companies need to find a way to do better. I shouldnt have to rely on pure luck to get shyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
MemorableJoyousGartersnake-size_restricted.gif

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
ANYONE thinking GOW is coming out this year is straight up delusional. Quote me on this.
I still think it is but my hopes for it to be a PS5 only exclusive are pretty much dead.....it just ain't enough Fives out here to justify it:mjcry:

My only hope is that they split the development team between the PS4 and PS5 versions.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
ANYONE thinking GOW is coming out this year is straight up delusional. Quote me on this.

Coli game devs have told me that 4 years is enough game development time for a game that’s only been announced as a logo, while devs are working individually at home during a pandemic. Coli devs have never lied to me yet so.:manny:

Daps
I still think it is but my hopes for it to be a PS5 only exclusive are pretty much dead.....it just ain't enough Fives out here to justify it:mjcry:

My only hope is that they split the development team between the PS4 and PS5 versions.
What would the current situation have to do with whether or not it's ps5 exclusive?
They would have decided if it were ps5 exclusive from around 2017/2018 when they got dev kits
Whether it is ps5 exclusive or not depends on the ambition of the game
If it's cross gen, my hype immediately gets halved because it will be a prettier GOW
If SM's complaints about the ps4 holding them back for GOW are that serious, GOW:R is PS5 exclsuive

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
What would the current situation have to do with whether or not it's ps5 exclusive?
They would have decided if it were ps5 exclusive from around 2017/2018 when they got dev kits
Whether it is ps5 exclusive or not depends on the ambition of the game
If it's cross gen, my hype immediately gets halved because it will be a prettier GOW
If SM's complaints about the ps4 holding them back for GOW are that serious, GOW:R is PS5 exclsuive
My point is ain't enough PS5s out here to justify it being a PS5 exclusive, and it won't be for the rest of this year.

Maybe it was wishful thinking by me from the beginning, but I had hoped they'd use this game as a reason to get a next gen console....but I don't see Sony resisting the opportunity to milk the PS4 one more time with this game.

By next year the PS5 will FINALLY begin to saturate the market.... until then theyll release this game around Oct/Nov and it will sell more on PS4 than it does on the Five by a considerable amount.

My hope is that they have separated the development team somewhere along the line so we're not just getting a PS4 game with boosted framerate and resolution on the Five. My ideal version of GOW wouldn't even be able to run on the PS4 at all...but it will be cross gen unfortunately

Daps
My point is ain't enough PS5s out here to justify it being a PS5 exclusive.

Maybe it was wishful thinking by me from the beginning, but I had hoped they'd use this game as a reason to get a next gen console....but I don't see Sony resisting the opportunity to milk the PS4 one more time with this game.

By next year the PS5 will FINALLY begin to saturate the market.... until then theyll release this game around Oct/Nov and it will sell more on PS4 than it does on the Five by a considerable amount.

My hope is that they have separated the development team somewhere along the line so we're not just getting a PS4 game with boosted framerate and resolution on the Five. My ideal version of GOW wouldn't even be able to run on the PS4 at all...but it will be cross gen unfortunately
that doesn't make sense
whether it's ps5 exclusive is up to SM and what they want to do with the game
The current shortage situation has nothing to do with SM's decision on whether or not to make GOW ps5 exclusive as that decision would have already been made in 2017/2018

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
that doesn't make sense
whether it's ps5 exclusive is up to SM and what they want to do with the game
The current shortage situation has nothing to do with SM's decision on whether or not to make GOW ps5 exclusive as that decision would have already been made in 2017/2018
Even if production was running at full capacity it would still make more sense financially to make this game cross gen, it's just too many PS4s out here.

Plus had they made that decision to make it next gen only back in 2017 they would have made it a point to tell us that back when they announced the game.

Data from 2017/2018 is not a reliable source for what's happening now, I'm sure they've had to make plenty of changes to how this game rolls out considering the current circumstances.

I'm conceding it's gonna be cross gen I'm just hoping the decision they made back in 2017 involved splitting the team so one can focus on next gen and the other on current. They're gonna release the game this year. Too much money to miss out on

Daps
Even if production was running at full capacity it would still make more sense financially to make this game cross gen, it's just too many PS4s out here.

Plus had they made that decision to make it next gen only back in 2017 they would have made it a point to tell us that back when they announced the game.

Data from 2017/2018 is not a reliable source for what's happening now, I'm sure they've had to make plenty of changes to how this game rolls out considering the current circumstances.

I'm conceding it's gonna be cross gen I'm just hoping the decision they made back in 2017 involved splitting the team so one can focus on next gen and the other on current. They're gonna release the game this year. Too much money to miss out on
whether the game is cross gen is up to the developer
Sony might have told SM we prefer cross gen because of money and the ps4 users
But SM has the final say on whether the game will be cross gen
If SM wants it PS5 exclusive it's ps5 exclusive if they don't care about limiting the scope of the game and want maximum money it is cross gen
this decision was made years before any shortage