Considering their tiny population are Jamaicans the most influential people ever?

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are getting mad, and not thinking about what I'm posting.

I originally wrote since the 90's, the influence isn't there, not the 70's.

The people wnat to consume the reggae, jerk chicken, and weed. i deal with whites, and it even gets to me that as soon as they talk about Jamaica, they say "hey mon" talk about weed, and then say "Jah rastafari". It's been like that since the 80's!

The reason no one is talking about those other regions is because of RAP!

You know damn well if you heard a rap influenced song from those places you could care less because you wouldn't know what they are saying. Dancehall, and Reggae is different but not so much that you can't vibe to it. I already posted this, but your anger is blinding you!

I agree they are infulential, but its from an old rep just like NYC, and L.A. Again, I posted this already!
:lolbron: im not angry mon :russ: I'm posting from the island as we speak, so i just find it funny you are saying our entire culture is based on the 70s-90s, when new things come out of the rock daily.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lolbron: im not angry mon :russ: I'm posting from the island as we speak, so i just find it funny you are saying our entire culture is based on the 70s-90s, when new things come out of the rock daily.
Like what?

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
With a country of 2.7 million, how is it now turning into a vs AA whose population is 40 million.

You know how them man get on. Nothing can be done throughout the diaspora without them proclaiming their supposed superiority.
rolleyes.gif

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know how them man get on. Nothing can be done throughout the diaspora without them proclaiming their supposed superiority.
rolleyes.gif
Really, from what I've seen it was the other way around. We are just now going back at yall. I feel it was needed, but its getting corny now, everyone said there piece now its time to move on. I just wish we could all be honest about things, and not just be emotional about things, but its a dream, shyt aint changing until it has to

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
So, why did you ask me that question?

i was waiting for someone to say it, and basically that is the ONLY reason you should give claim to all who deserves it, for LEGAL REASONS!

And you don't have to be dominican to give someone that title, the culture of the person does it.
Do you understand that this stuff isn't black and white right

It differs by person and nation

What is your point to all this

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Really, from what I've seen it was the other way around. We are just now going back at yall. I feel it was needed, but its getting corny now, everyone said there piece now its time to move on. I just wish we could all be honest about things, and not just be emotional about things, but its a dream, shyt aint changing until it has to

My guy, OP created this thread celebrating JA culture's ability to transcend .

Literally one post in and there was somebody trying to jostle AAs into the conversation.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you understand that this stuff isn't black and white right

It differs by person and nation

What is your point to all this
AGAIN!

I posted I don't get why people claim other people to be a nationality, even though the person has no connection besides the parents or the food, and when you put this out there, some still claim the person to be of that nationality. Even someone in this thread tried to use that excuse of parents giving culture to their children, which lets me know that is what most people mean when they lay claim to a nationality, not for legal reasons. The issue is when you explain the person wasn't raised with the culture, they still lay claim to them, which makes me think a lot are taking the nationality to mean that group must be special, by way of lineage of said country. I notice some on here are claiming Jamaicans to be connected to the moores, and is why they are fighters, or some other crazy shyt. They didn't outright say it, but its plain to see that's what they are implying.

Its an ego thing, which to me is a sign of low self esteem.

Last edited:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My guy, OP created this thread celebrating JA culture's ability to transcend .

Literally one post in and there was somebody trying to jostle AAs into the conversation.
:hubie: You're right

But, I think its from getting tired of hearing the bullshyt that I always heard, going back to the 80's. Back then we just would say we are black people, and its stupid to go at each other, but its 2017, and this shyt is getting ridiculous with black/latin foreigners and their little innuendos about us.

They are slick about it, that's the issue, but you are technically right, op was just making an observation.:jbhmm:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
AGAIN!

I posted I don't get why people claim other people to be a nationality, even though the person has no connection besides the parents or the food, and when you put this out there, some still claim the person to be of that nationality. Even someone in this thread tried to use that excuse of parents giving culture to their children, which lets me know that is what most people mean when they lay claim to a nationality, not for legal reasons. The issue is when you explain the person wasn't raised with the culture, they still lay claim to them, which makes me think a lot are taking the nationality to mean that group must be special, by way of lineage of said country.
Nationality =/= culture =/= ethnicity =/= race

Idk how else to put it

I have no idea what you mean by special

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nationality =/= culture =/= ethnicity =/= race

Idk how else to put it

I have no idea what you mean by special
I think you know what I mean, but you are playing games. If someone else called it, I know it isn't just me. RARELY does anyone claim a nationality to mean citizenship, they are using it to explain their culture, at least if they are from here or raised here!

I already explained what I mean by special, but you are playing these games again, but just in case you missed it, here is the original quote with an example:

" The issue is when you explain the person wasn't raised with the culture, they still lay claim to them, which makes me think a lot are taking the nationality to mean that group must be special, by way of lineage of said country. I notice some on here are claiming Jamaicans to be connected to the moores, and is why they are fighters, or some other crazy shyt. They didn't outright say it, but its plain to see that's what they are implying."

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I think you know what I mean, but you are playing games. If someone else called it, I know it isn't just me. RARELY does anyone claim a nationality to mean citizenship, they are using it to explain their culture, at least if they are from here!

I already explained what I mean by special, but you are playing these games again, but just in case you missed it, here is the original quote with an example:

" The issue is when you explain the person wasn't raised with the culture, they still lay claim to them, which makes me think a lot are taking the nationality to mean that group must be special, by way of lineage of said country. I notice some on here are claiming Jamaicans to be connected to the moores, and is why they are fighters, or some other crazy shyt. They didn't outright say it, but its plain to see that's what they are implying.

I'm not playing games I'm trying to work while reply coherently.
Do you mean maroons? Yes many Jamaicans come from Maroons..these are facts

If you are trying to say you think people are saying Jamaicans are better than your group then just say that and stop using words like "special"

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not playing games I'm trying to work while reply coherently.
Do you mean maroons? Yes many Jamaicans come from Maroons..these are facts

If you are trying to say you think people are saying Jamaicans are better than your group then just say that and stop using words like "special"
NO, the MOORS!

Speaking about Maroons, I had another Jamaican try to say the Geechies in South Carolina were connected to the Maroons in Jamaica, because he thought it was some special group, and that's why the geechies kept their african culture, but once i explained to him that Maroon just meant slaves who escaped, and formed their own areas, it had nothing to do with Jamaica itself, he just kept playing games, and fishing for so many things to try to connect them. It was sad as hell.

Why would you want me to stop using "special" if that is exactly what is being expressed? They don't say better, they try to give the impression that Jamaicans are special. Even the basis of Rastafari, is based on this idea of being special!

This is what the word "special" means:

Definition of special
  1. 1: distinguished by some unusual quality; especially : being in some way superior <our special blend>

2. 2: held in particular esteem <a special friend>

3. 3a : readily distinguishable from others of the same category : unique <they set it apart as a special day of thanksgiving>b : of, relating to, or constituting a species : specific

4. 4: being other than the usual : additional, extra

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
NO, the MOORS!

Speaking about Maroons, I had another Jamaican try to say the Geechies in South Carolina were connected to the Maroons in Jamaica, because he thought it was some special group, and that's why the geechies kept their african culture, but once i explained to him that Maroon just meant slaves who escaped, and formed their own areas, it had nothing to do with Jamaica itself, he just kept playing games, and fishing for so many things to try to connect them. It was sad as hell.

Why would you want me to stop using "special" if that is exactly what is being expressed? They don't say better, they try to give the impression that Jamaicans are special. Even the basis of what Rastafari is base don this idea of being special!

This is what the word "special" means:

Definition of special
  1. 1: distinguished by some unusual quality; especially : being in some way superior <our special blend>

2. 2: held in particular esteem <a special friend>

3. 3a : readily distinguishable from others of the same category : unique <they set it apart as a special day of thanksgiving>b : of, relating to, or constituting a species : specific

4. 4: being other than the usual : additional, extra
Then argue with that person then instead of projected whatever it is that's bothering you.

Maroons in Jamaica have a distinct culture from the rest of Jamaica btw so while maroon to you might simply mean a runaway for a Jamaican there is a different connotation.

Seeing as we are using text to connunicate I have no idea which if the four meanings of special you mean. Personally, you using makes read your posts in s child's voice so to clear the confusion use clear word or define exactly what you mean by special.

And geechee are *unique* in that they developed a separate culture than other African Americans