Considering their tiny population are Jamaicans the most influential people ever?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Who outside of the Caribbeans actually gives a fukk about reggae?

BIG's influence pales in comparison to Tupac's influence and I respect Usain Bolt but people only give a fukk about his sport once every 4 years

African Americans the most influential people by far, sorry! We're your favorite black people's favorite black people.
bruh, Reggae is HUGE in Africa and Asia

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I think as Afro-Brazilians gain more rights and more media exposure they too can be influential like AAs and Jamaicans on a large scale. I mean they already influenced much of Brazilian culture(similar to what AAs did with American one). Not only that they created Capoeira and Samba which are already popular worldwide. Not only that but they are also gaining more traction in MMA/UFC.

@IllmaticDelta @Dip @Yehuda do yall agree?

I would put Afro-Brazil at 3 or 4, competing with Afro-Cubans. I think Afro-Brazil has been more influential in modern times than Afro-Cuba but Afro-Cuba has that historic stranglehold.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think as Afro-Brazilians gain more rights and more media exposure they too can be influential like AAs and Jamaicans on a large scale. I mean they already influenced much of Brazilian culture(similar to what AAs did with American one). Not only that they created Capoeira and Samba which are already popular worldwide. Not only that but they are also gaining more traction in MMA/UFC.

@IllmaticDelta @Dip @Yehuda do yall agree?

Outside of sports I think the influece is stronger among other latinos and lusophone countries.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Outside of AAs and Jamaicans I cant find any other diasporans that can compete with Afro-Brazilians.

I was watching a few Black latino activists on youtube and they were all saying they take cues from Black Brazilians. Like I said the influence is stronger among other Latin Americans and to an extent other lusophone countries.

Daps
Okay now you're just joking. Most restaurants, stores, hotels, supermarkets,etc has Jazz music playing compared to Rock. The fact that Jazz is played as elevator music ALONE shows that Jazz is more appreciated than Rock. Lady Gaga and Katy Perry aren't even Rock but Pop music artist. Are you kidding? Also you seem to be going exclusively by younger generations. Forget that lets talk about generations of every age in countries around the world.

lol. Go to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia blasting Katy, Lady Gaga, or Metallica and you'll most likely receive 100 lashes(minimum). Meanwhile blast some Jazz music and even if stopped by the authorities you most likely get away with it safely compared to Rock. The fact that Jazz music is default music again SHOWS its much more appreciated than Rock. Like I said you can play Jazz ANYWHERE in ANY country. The same can't be said for Rock or Lady Gaga. lol

jazz is the most widespread music in the world historically speaking

nah, it's mainly elevator music/light jazz/smooth jazz

Where I'm from it's always Pop / Soft Rock being played in malls. I guess everywhere is different. :yeshrug:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Most influential group in history, IMO:

1. Jews
  2. Greeks
  3. Roman
  4. Jamaicans
  5. Chinese
  6. Arabs