considering how RICH USA is, why is USA so behind TECHNOLOGY wise?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I always wondered why MTA can’t have the bullet trains that you see in on places like Korea, Japan, China.

They just added WiFi and USB ports on the buses here in NYC.

The architecture in places like Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates is crazy.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I always wondered why MTA can’t have the bullet trains that you see in on places like Korea, Japan, China.

The architecture in places like Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates is crazy.

But outside of the big cities, their countries are shyt. In America you don’t have to live in the big city to live a good life

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You fukking idiot :snoop:

1. Who cares if they take my card away
2. No, the US does not have slow internet (as proven by another poster)
3. Who cares if a small town doesn't have a parking app
4. Roaming, who gives a fukk? You call your cell-phone provider and let them know you'll be overseas, and they'll put you on the right plan.

This shyt is so fukking minor, man. :snoop:

I've shown that the US is a wealthy country. I've shown that the US is technologically advanced. You've shown nothing but idiotic opinions. The country has technology, but the citizens don't? :dahell: Are you thinking before you type? :mindblown:
who cares if they take your card? breh that's how the majority of fraud in resturants is done, when they take it away from you, not just that shyt is time consuming.

the average American, does not have fast internet

who cares if small towns don't have parking apps? the small towns care idiot.

who gives a 4uck about roaming? lol you sound like you don't own a passport, so you're happy to be put on another plan and have to pay extra? weirdo shyt

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But outside of the big cities, their countries are shyt. In America you don’t have to live in the big city to live a good life
breh most americans in big cities don't live good lives, my family in L.A, Miami and NYC have to work constantly, only get 13 days off a year, and even when they get vacation time its not even paid vacation. doesn't sound like a good life to me breh.

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago

Cant work for the rapid transit. It’ll work better for railroads like metro north and Long Island railroad. We are upgrading the rapid transit, but it’s slow.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the architecture in Dubai is crazy :gladbron:

23B24DCE00000578-2859734-image-m-123_1417642463847.jpg

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Alright, putting debate mode aside, I do see your points. The US could be better. I’d love to have everything be technologically advanced. I’d love the US to be number 1.

However, after reading a bunch of stuff about this, I don’t think it’s accurate to say that the US is behind technologically. We’re simply not. Yes, we could have faster internet. But the thing I feel many of you are missing, is that it could be A LOT worse. Going from 50mbps to 100 is a lot less impactful than going from 50 to 1. At 50 we can stream in 4K, download games quickly, etc. Going to 100 has no real tangible benefit for the majority of tasks. Streaming 4K is not going to be any better from going from 50 to 100. However, if you try to stream 4K at 1 mbps, shyt won’t work.

Also, the US is very wealthy compared to most of the world. All the stats I read show this. Are we number one? No, but we’re very close, and certainly in the top 10.

The things that OP mentioned are so, so minor. Like, how much better is your life going to be if you can pay for your dinner at the table as opposed to having the server run your card in the back. Like really? Who gives a shyt? All this bullshyt is so minor.
So Samsung and apple are overblowing the pay features? :ohhh:

You still carry around a wallet? :hhh:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Our technology is very top end heavy (IBM, Microsoft, Intel, Oracle, Adobe, etc.) which power these other technology pushes across the world

but the technology bubble in Silicon Valley is highly overrated, majority of the million dollar funding these tech people moving out here get is for some app that either has no real tangibles (example: snapchat) or for games that just generate a lot of money (example: candy crush).

Silicon Valley, the world leader in technology - ALLEGEDLY, ironically has some of the slowest internet speeds in the world :heh:

if not just technology.. You know if you REALLY drive around San Francisco it makes you wonder why people call it a world class city

-Shopping is mediocre compared to LA and NYC
-No big time night life outside of Temple nightclub which is mostly EDM but still not a tourist destination especially other nightclubs are really not tourist destinations. Last call is legit really about 1:30 am and you have to be out by 2 am with very few exceptions of nightclubs. Every other major city, including LA in the same state, has permits to party to 4-6 am - althrough LA still has to stop serving by 2 am.
-Weather is majority of time cold even in summer so no night time activites
-The only beach I ever been to where its too cold to swim in :heh:
-now worst traffic in the nation

but hey we got that facebook and google money, I guess..

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I dont get the post... you can find pictures like this from San Francisco and New York City and Los Angeles
it just shows that a lot of these other places also got parts that aren't so nice, and/or technologically advanced. some of these countries have nice things, but also a lot of economic inequality (yes, more that the US)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Our technology is very top end heavy (IBM, Microsoft, Intel, Oracle, Adobe, etc.) which power these other technology pushes across the world

but the technology bubble in Silicon Valley is highly overrated, majority of the million dollar funding these tech people moving out here get is for some app that either has no real tangibles (example: snapchat) or for games that just generate a lot of money (example: candy crush).

Silicon Valley, the world leader in technology - ALLEGEDLY, ironically has some of the slowest internet speeds in the world :heh:

if not just technology.. You know if you REALLY drive around San Francisco it makes you wonder why people call it a world class city

-Shopping is mediocre compared to LA and NYC
-No big time night life outside of Temple nightclub which is mostly EDM but still not a tourist destination especially other nightclubs are really not tourist destinations. Last call is legit really about 1:30 am and you have to be out by 2 am with very few exceptions of nightclubs. Every other major city, including LA in the same state, has permits to party to 4-6 am - althrough LA still has to stop serving by 2 am.
-Weather is majority of time cold even in summer so no night time activites
-The only beach I ever been to where its too cold to swim in :heh:
-now worst traffic in the nation

but hey we got that facebook and google money, I guess..
Dont forget about the cost to live around all this mediocrity, $3,400 average price for a 1 bedroom APARTMENT.
:heh: