considering how RICH USA is, why is USA so behind TECHNOLOGY wise?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
No, the majority earning less than 30k is why they are poor.
:stopitslime:

I see you got your American flag out today.
This has nothing to do with how patriotic I may or may not be. Making sly remarks, as opposed to stating facts, shows your lack awareness as to what a good argument entails.

Do a little research next time. Every once in a while, you’ll actually be pressed to defend your argument in relation to facts. :francis:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
We aren’t superior tech wise according to op

We're not....realistically there are places that outshine us in alot of ways...:manny: All the U.S. govt does is spend money for the military and their tech... if it's not apart of the govt infrastructure with dedicated funding it doesnt get made. and super secret stuff made by DARPA never see the light of day... until years later.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
We're not....realistically there are places that outshine us in alot of ways...:manny: All the U.S. govt does is spend money for the military and their tech... if it's not apart of the govt infrastructure with dedicated funding it doesnt get made. and super secret stuff made by DARPA never see the light of day... until years later.
Actually, a ton of our technology comes from the DoD and DARPA. Cell phones, GPS, computers, internet technology, etc. Also, you are severely downplaying the advancements that private, non-governmental companies make. Google, IBM, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This has nothing to do with how patriotic I may or may not be. Making sly remarks, as opposed to stating facts, shows your lack awareness as to what a good argument entails.

Do a little research next time. Every once in a while, you’ll actually be pressed to defend your argument in relation to facts. :francis:
There is nothing to argue, your point about the u.s. being wealthy is just as relevant as China's wealth. It doesn't matter when the people are poor and in debt

You sound like you live in a bubble where everyone is doing as good as you are. Just because you can afford to throw thousands of dollars into hobbies, doesn't mean the majority of this country is living that same way.

The fact is that majority of the working force is living paycheck to paycheck, which you deny because of some false sense of patriotism.

Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck

"Seventy-eight percent of full-time workers said they live paycheck to paycheck, up from 75 percent last year, according to a recent report from CareerBuilder. Overall, 71 percent of all U.S. workers said they're now in debt, up from 68 percent a year ago"

Which is the reason I quoted you with actual wages in the first place.

You posting the total GDP does not change that fact.

Almost One Third of British Workers Live Paycheck to Paycheck, CareerBuilder.co.uk Survey Finds

Alot less workers living check to check around the first world tho.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
There is nothing to argue, your point about the u.s. being wealthy is just as relevant as China's wealth. It doesn't matter when the people are poor and in debt

You sound like you live in a bubble where everyone is doing as good as you are. Just because you can afford to throw thousands of dollars into hobbies, doesn't mean the majority of this country is living that same way.

The fact is that majority of the working force is living paycheck to paycheck, which you deny because of some false sense of patriotism.

Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck

"Seventy-eight percent of full-time workers said they live paycheck to paycheck, up from 75 percent last year, according to a recent report from CareerBuilder. Overall, 71 percent of all U.S. workers said they're now in debt, up from 68 percent a year ago"

Which is the reason I quoted you with actual wages in the first place.

You posting the total GDP does not change that fact.

Almost One Third of British Workers Live Paycheck to Paycheck, CareerBuilder.co.uk Survey Finds

Alot less workers living check to check around the first world tho.

No, you for some reason think that because 8 or so countries are wealthier than the US, that this means the US is poor. No, the US is still in the top 10, which makes it a wealthy country. Even wealthier than England. <gasp>

I do realize I personally make more money than the average American, but I am also far more educated than the average American. I’ve lived in very poor places though (Oklahoma for example), and those poor individuals would be considered extremely wealth in other parts of the world. Our poor are rich, in the grand scheme of things. Just because we’re not ranked number 1, it doesn’t mean we’re ranked last

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No, you for some reason think that because 8 or so countries are wealthier than the US, that this means the US is poor. No, the US is still in the top 10, which makes it a wealthy country. Even wealthier than England. <gasp>
Yes the US is wealthier than England as a country. The American workforce is poorer than England's workforce considering 3/4 live check to check in America compared to 1/3 in England. Something your not getting.
I do realize I personally make more money than the average American, but I am also far more educated than the average American. I’ve lived in very poor places though (Oklahoma for example), and those poor individuals would be considered extremely wealth in other parts of the world. Our poor are rich, in the grand scheme of things. Just because we’re not ranked number 1, it doesn’t mean we’re ranked last
I'm not talking about any ol part of the world. I'm comparing the United states to other first world countries.

Those poor people you knew in Oklahoma would be poorer in England.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Actually, a ton of our technology comes from the DoD and DARPA. Cell phones, GPS, computers, internet technology, etc. Also, you are severely downplaying the advancements that private, non-governmental companies make. Google, IBM, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft.

I know that, :beli: but most of the companies out there you named make tech, it's not bad but not mindblowing or world changing.... if the govt dedicated the money they give the govt for the military they do on building tech to help people it'd be incredible... quantum computing is the next step but do we have america making it for the american public... nope they want to hoard the tech for themselves... then they'll give excuses like oh the tech is so large it takes all these computers to create it blah blah blah... they always make excuses but tech moves by leaps and bounds so...:manny: that's why Id be calling it bullshyt.

And I've heard about quantum computing YEARS ago... this should have already been mainstream but we STILL on 4g speeds and data caps!!! :birdman: still held hostage by ISP's & corporations!!! they keep us stagnant to turn a profit...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yes the US is wealthier than England as a country. The American workforce is poorer than England's workforce considering 3/4 live check to check in America compared to 1/3 in England. Something your not getting.

I'm not talking about any ol part of the world. I'm comparing the United states to other first world countries.

Those poor people you knew in Oklahoma would be poorer in England.
This is getting annoying. I already showed you 2 sources that look at wage, per capita (which, as you should know, is a better way of evaluating...well, anything).

Compared to other first world countries, the US is in the top 10. I already proved that. Just because you don’t like that fact, doesn’t mean it’s not true. :snoop:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I know that, :beli: but most of the companies out there you named make tech, it's not bad but not mindblowing or world changing.... if the govt dedicated the money they give the govt for the military they do on building tech to help people it'd be incredible... quantum computing is the next step but do we have america making it for the american public... nope they want to hoard the tech for themselves... then they'll give excuses like oh the tech is so large it takes all these computers to create it blah blah blah... they always make excuses but tech moves by leaps and bounds so...:manny: that's why Id be calling it bullshyt.

And I've heard about quantum computing YEARS ago... this should have already been mainstream but we STILL on 4g speeds and data caps!!! :birdman: still held hostage by ISP's & corporations!!! they keep us stagnant to turn a profit...
What? Those private companies absolutely made mind blowing and very substantial contributions. Look at smart phones, GUI interfaces, aggregation and easy searching of millions of files, etc.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This is getting annoying. I already showed you 2 sources that look at wage, per capita (which, as you should know, is a better way of evaluating...well, anything).

Compared to other first world countries, the US is in the top 10. I already proved that. Just because you don’t like that fact, doesn’t mean it’s not true. :snoop:
americans are wealthy?

the average American lives pay check to pay check

Um, no.

http://fortune.com

The US is on that list, but I don’t see many European countries on it. Hmm...:mjlol:

The argument was about if Americans are wealthy or are they living check to check.

You denied that they are poor, I give you a link showing that 3/4 of Americans in fact do live check to check, a rate far higher than other first world countries.

I show you how majority dont even make enough to be considered middle class, you still dont believe.

Your still in denial about Americans being poor.

:gucci:

Just because your doing ok, doesn't mean this country is not a sinking ship. Get out of that bubble.
:comeon:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The argument was about if Americans are wealthy or are they living check to check.

You denied that they are poor, I give you a link showing that 3/4 of Americans in fact do live check to check, a rate far higher than other first world countries.

I show you how majority dont even make enough to be considered middle class, you still dont believe.

Your still in denial about Americans being poor.

:gucci:

Just because your doing ok, doesn't mean this country is not a sinking ship. Get out of that bubble.
:comeon:
You only compared the US to one other country...Britain. I’ve shown you twice how the US is actually pretty wealthy compared to other countries.

I know because we have a horrible president, that it makes it trendy to be all doom and gloom and anti-America, but the US is a wealthy country compared to the entirety of the rest of the world. A bad president doesn’t stop that

And I’m not in denial about the poor in the US. You must not be familiar with the poor in other countries. Our poor are comparably rich, by a long shot.

You’re naive about America. The world gets pretty poor, pretty quickly when you look at other countries

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What? Those private companies absolutely made mind blowing and very substantial contributions. Look at smart phones, GUI interfaces, aggregation and easy searching of millions of files, etc.

Those are cool things.... :ld: but I'm not impressed... There's So much MORE we should be on right now as far as technological advancement goes...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Those are cool things.... :ld: but I'm not impressed... There's So much MORE we should be on right now as far as technological advancement goes...
Oh we’ll get it sooner rather than later. If we go by the past, consumers get cutting edge tech 15 years after the military.

As for quantum computers, we’re still in the infancy, and last I checked, quantum computers were not any faster than traditional ones. That’ll probably happen in the future, but we’re not there yet. The fact that the DoD and DARPA have a ton of money, and are “hoarding” this tech for the time being, is actually a good thing. They can investigate and perfect tech without having to be concerned with profit