considering how RICH USA is, why is USA so behind TECHNOLOGY wise?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Alright, putting debate mode aside, I do see your points. The US could be better. I’d love to have everything be technologically advanced. I’d love the US to be number 1.

However, after reading a bunch of stuff about this, I don’t think it’s accurate to say that the US is behind technologically. We’re simply not. Yes, we could have faster internet. But the thing I feel many of you are missing, is that it could be A LOT worse. Going from 50mbps to 100 is a lot less impactful than going from 50 to 1. At 50 we can stream in 4K, download games quickly, etc. Going to 100 has no real tangible benefit for the majority of tasks. Streaming 4K is not going to be any better from going from 50 to 100. However, if you try to stream 4K at 1 mbps, shyt won’t work.

Also, the US is very wealthy compared to most of the world. All the stats I read show this. Are we number one? No, but we’re very close, and certainly in the top 10.

The things that OP mentioned are so, so minor. Like, how much better is your life going to be if you can pay for your dinner at the table as opposed to having the server run your card in the back. Like really? Who gives a shyt? All this bullshyt is so minor.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we just have conservative, profit driven corporations and wannbe libertarian, conservative government, so for things to catch on here, they have to be profitble. Almost no mandating infrastructure outside of profitability unless it shows harm to not do it. behind is not the term when ARM and x86 and x64 processors as well as the largest server tech companies that run a lot of this shyt are actually in the US.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Oh we’ll get it sooner rather than later. If we go by the past, consumers get cutting edge tech 15 years after the military.

As for quantum computers, we’re still in the infancy, and last I checked, quantum computers were not any faster than traditional ones. That’ll probably happen in the future, but we’re not there yet. The fact that the DoD and DARPA have a ton of money, and are “hoarding” this tech for the time being, is actually a good thing. They can investigate and perfect tech without having to be concerned with profit

They hoard the tech 15 years before actual civilian application?! :beli: that's the bullshyt I'm talking about.... America is still backwards on alot of things and the govt doesnt help with advancement... We pour too much into the military budget...:beli:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
We are still the most technologically advanced in some extremely important fields. Name an aircraft that's operational that can kick it with the F-22...and beyond that, the F-35, if the thing ever works.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
We are still the most technologically advanced in some extremely important fields. Name an aircraft that's operational that can kick it with the F-22...and beyond that, the F-35, if the thing ever works.

man you're not listening..we have F-22s and shyt like this

but we're in the stone age tech wise cause most restaurants dont allow you to pay for dinner with an app and internet caps :heh:

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
America is very large and telecommunication infrastructure costs money, no big problem if you are in a major city but as further you spread out yea you are gonna suffer

uk and japan don't really have these problems because they are small and concentrated

other shyt you brought up is just nitpickey bullshyt

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ain't read the thread...but ignorance is a component of it as well

People generally think american (sub)standards are globally superior ....its alot easier to accept shyt like this when you interpret it as "the best"

Last edited:

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These type of threads are always interesting to say the least....here, the damn nation of america itself is defended with more unanimity than black people ...on a supposedly "black" website.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
These type of threads are always interesting to say the least....here, the damn nation of america itself is defended with more unanimity than black people ...on a supposedly "black" website.

:hhh:
And you have black Euros in here defending their damned nations. Stop it B

America has its issue but it can be anything you want it to be. I don’t give a damn about any white people. Blacks built this country this is our shyt. As long as I’m here It’ll continue to be MY country that my ancestors built.

Don’t throw stones in a glass house. Let’s not bring up the British empire, King Leopold, French colonization, the fukkin Nazis, etc.

Europe has way more dark history than America and you black Euros in here are defending them.

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:hhh:
And you have black Euros in here defending their damned nations. Stop it B

America has its issue but it can be anything you want it to be. I don’t give a damn about any white people. Blacks built this country this is our shyt. As long as I’m here It’ll continue to be MY country that my ancestors built.

Don’t throw stones in a glass house. Let’s not bring up the British empire, King Leopold, French colonization, the fukkin Nazis, etc.

Europe has way more dark history than America and you black Euros in here are defending them.

You adding alot of shyt that wasnt said to a very simple statement...but do you playboy

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its clear what your intent was with that comment. chill out
Not really following you. .but u called me a black euro start talking about king leopold n all that...c'mon man wtf that got to do wit wat i SAID...im not entertaining no extras

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You only compared the US to one other country...Britain. I’ve shown you twice how the US is actually pretty wealthy compared to other countries.
I compared America to the country you brought up as poorer *GASP* Britain.

The American people are broker than Britain's people although the U.S. is a richer country overall.
I know because we have a horrible president, that it makes it trendy to be all doom and gloom and anti-America, but the US is a wealthy country compared to the entirety of the rest of the world. A bad president doesn’t stop that
No, it's been doom and gloom since the first bush.
:stopitslime:

If you think this shyt started because of trump then you are in fact living in a bubble.
And I’m not in denial about the poor in the US. You must not be familiar with the poor in other countries. Our poor are comparably rich, by a long shot.

You’re naive about America. The world gets pretty poor, pretty quickly when you look at other countries
The United states is the richest country in the world by far, suspiciously the American people enjoy a worse quality of life compared to majority of other developed countries.

Prisoners in the UK are living better than majority of middle America.

Americans are in considerably more debt compared to other first world countries.

Have worse and exponentially more expensive healthcare, if they even qualify for healthcare, compared other first world countries.

Public education is pure shyt compared to other first world countries.

United states is the richest, most advanced country in the world, but the people aren't reaping those benefits.

Stop looking at 3rd world poverty stricken countries. Again, the U.S. is the wealthiest country in the world.

Which is why the title of this thread is "CONSIDERING HOW RICH THE USA IS..."