considering how RICH USA is, why is USA so behind TECHNOLOGY wise?

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Guys, lets not try to act like the reason our internet is shyt is because most people don't need "elite" internet whatever the fukk that means. Our internet is shyt because we have allowed a monopoly to form to the point where we basically have 2 internet providers. Google fiber is slowly rolling out but our internet is worse than most 3rd world countries.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m pretty sure he’s in Europe. The funny thing is, he’s on an American site, accessing it with technology made in the US, complaining about the internet (which was invented in the US) and cellphone roaming (while certainly using a phone with iOS or Android on it).

:dead:
born in Europe, live in America.

as I said before just because things are made in a country doesn't mean the public have access to it

diamonds and gold are mined in Africa more than anywhere else, yet the average African does not walk around in diamonds and gold

as someone that lives in two countries one of which being America, im sure I have the advantage of talking on this.

what I stated are facts, its a fact usa has slow internet, are you trying to refrute fact?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
that's united kingdom, I said England, so whats your point? unless you think England and UK are the same thing? which would make you an idiot
England is in the UK. is Scotland holding yall back? :mjlol:

dudes in here fronting like the US got the worst internet. in 2017 the global average was 7.2 Mbps, and the US average was 18.7 Mbps

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
born in Europe, live in America.

as I said before just because things are made in a country doesn't mean the public have access to it

diamonds and gold are mined in Africa more than anywhere else, yet the average African does not walk around in diamonds and gold

as someone that lives in two countries one of which being America, im sure I have the advantage of talking on this.

what I stated are facts, its a fact usa has slow internet, are you trying to refrute fact?
No, I’m just trying to highlight the disconnect between what you’re saying and the fact that the whole world uses technology created in the US. I get your point about diamonds in Africa, but that comparison doesn’t fully work here. Americans are wealthy, compared to the rest of the world, and are technologically literate, like most of the “developed world.” I simply can’t get past the fact that the ENTIRE world relies on technology created in the US. How can the US be technologically behind? We created the tech.

I mean, you cherry picked a few examples of how Europe has different tech than the US, but I simply cannot disregard the fact that the world is using tech created in the US.

You’re nitpicking a few minor inconveniences, and are using those relatively small complaints to color the US as behind technologically. That’s simply not true.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
England is in the UK. is Scotland holding yall back? :mjlol:

dudes in here fronting like the US got the worst internet. in 2017 the global average was 7.2 Mbps, and the US average was 18.7 Mbps
yes, exactly that. Scotland, northern wales and Ireland all have terrible internet. so yes you answered your own question.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, I’m just trying to highlight the disconnect between what you’re saying and the fact that the whole world uses technology created in the US. I get your point about diamonds in Africa, but that comparison doesn’t fully work here. Americans are wealthy, compared to the rest of the world, and are technologically literate, like most of the “developed world.” I simply can’t get past the fact that the ENTIRE world relies on technology created in the US. How can the US be technologically behind? We created the tech.

I mean, you cherry picked a few examples of how Europe has different tech than the US, but I simply cannot disregard the fact that the world is using tech created in the US.

You’re nitpicking a few minor inconveniences, and are using those relatively small complaints to color the US as behind technologically. That’s simply not true.
americans are wealthy?

the average American lives pay check to pay check

the average American cannot even afford to travel internationally

hell, they have entire places in USA that don't have clean running water

I don't want this to be an American bashing thread, but lets not act like americans are wealthy

yes usa invented the tech, but the average American doesn't have the tech they invent. simple concept really. from small things such as not having contactless payment, to big things like your banking apps can't even send money to other banks.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
americans are wealthy?

the average American lives pay check to pay check

the average American cannot even afford to travel internationally

hell, they have entire places in USA that don't have clean running water

I don't want this to be an American bashing thread, but lets not act like americans are wealthy

yes usa invented the tech, but the average American doesn't have the tech they invent. simple concept really. from small things such as not having contactless payment, to big things like your banking apps can't even send money to other banks.
Um, no.

http://fortune.com

The US is on that list, but I don’t see many European countries on it. Hmm...:mjlol:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That's what happened when capitalism gets deeply involved with politics.

NOTHING in the United states gets done unless certain groups stand to make alot of money from it.

What is the profit in updating technology and infrastructure when people are gonna pay the same regardless?

This is America.
:francis:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Um, no.

The US is on that list, but I don’t see many European countries on it. Hmm...:mjlol:
the country being rich and the people being rich are two different things

this is the same forum, that says americans don't travel because they can't afford it

if America is so rich why does it have so many homeless? why are so many people in America homeless?

why doesn't America have clean running water in flint?

once again, a country can be rich without its people being rich or wealthy.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
My internet speed is perfectly fine. Why are y’all talking like America is using dail up :dahell:
Yet America is holding up shyt like 4K streaming technology with far slower internet speeds, data caps, and monopolies keeping parts of the country with near dial up speeds.
:dahell:

Last edited:

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
Guys, lets not try to act like the reason our internet is shyt is because most people don't need "elite" internet whatever the fukk that means. Our internet is shyt because we have allowed a monopoly to form to the point where we basically have 2 internet providers. Google fiber is slowly rolling out but our internet is worse than most 3rd world countries.
nikka im getting 300mbps lol
what the hell do i need 1 gbps for? its not a big need, yall just want it ... not like nikkas is out here utilizing them type of speeds at the moment

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Um, no.

Wage Statistics for 2014

-38 percent of all American workers made less than $20,000 last year.

-51 percent of all American workers made less than $30,000 last year.

-62 percent of all American workers made less than $40,000 last year.

-71 percent of all American workers made less than $50,000 last year.

Just because YOU are doing pretty good doesn't mean the rest of the country is doing ok.

More than half of American workers earn less than 30k and have a negative net worth?

Sounds like paycheck to paycheck to me

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
nikka im getting 300mbps lol
what the hell do i need 1 gbps for? its not a big need, yall just want it ... not like nikkas is out here utilizing them type of speeds at the moment
bruh i dont give a shyt what you're getting, the average internet speed in the U.S. is 18.7 mbps