Congestion pricing is passed in NYC? (23 dollar toll to drive into Midtown and Lower Manhattan)

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm an public transportation riding breh and even though this is supposed to benefit ppl like me, I don't really care about this :manny:

Most native New Yorkers I know ride the subway into the city, so I don't think the average working class New Yorker will be effected by this in a negative way.

Ah we surely will depending on if they charge commercial vehicles. Consumers will surely bare that charge

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Instead of taxing the rich, tax the middle and lower class, makes sense.
Then when the cost of goods in the stores go up, and the price of ubers goes up, everybody is gonna cry and wonder why. :mjlol:

if ur a NYC uber driver, how could u afford to drive ANYONE back to NJ?

cuz ur gonna have to pay the $23 to come back thru the tunnel or GW bridge to get back. it's ridiculous.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
These evil cacs really gave them the funding, smh. This f*cks over the lower & middle class heavy.

Those mom & pop businesses going to see an increase in their delivery charges which in turn will hurt the consumers when those said mom & pop shops hike up prices.

Mom and pop businesses who are next to major retailers might as well close...

Even now I doubt their profit margins are that great

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
This is unfortunate and will likey make the commute even worse than it is now.

I wish I could get the hell out of here sometimes smh
The worst part is that there is a fixed price for how much revenue it needs to bring in. So it's not about congestion. Just money. If they end up short, they will charge even more than the $23 to meet the threshold.

They even plan to charge on weekends

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Pay what taxes? They buy those apts and come in to town maybe 2 weeks out of the whole year.

Need to do them like canada be doing the chinese... if you not in those buildings fully living there we taxing the shyt outta you or we liquidating that shyt...:mjpls: but what am i saying it's america it loves sucking off rich folks with money :heh:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep... they want extra...:francis:
On top; your pockets getting tapped harder. Between bike lanes and all those BS outdoor restaurant seating areas from covid (btw a lot of those aren't even built to code) its already difficult and expensive enough maneuvering.

shyt trash breh.

My whole tree has been getting displaced the past decade or so :mjcry:

still got an aunt and a couple cousins in LES/EV that im probably gonna end up being the only 1 ever seeing them at this point :francis:

:francis:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Pay what taxes? They buy those apts and come in to town maybe 2 weeks out of the whole year.

The transplants/immigrants/tourists are going to do the dirty work..

They don't mind carpooling and splitting the bill..

Even when it comes to living arrangements

That's why the landlords are saying they not even bothering with housing vouchers

A bed where the living room is
A bed in the bedroom

I've seen it with my own eyes

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Need to do them like canada be doing the chinese... if you not in those buildings fully living there we taxing the shyt outta you or we liquidating that shyt...:mjpls: but what am i saying it's america it loves sucking off rich folks with money :heh:
Vacancy tax doesnt work because they can have a housekeeper live there. It doesnt have to be your primary residence