Congestion pricing is passed in NYC? (23 dollar toll to drive into Midtown and Lower Manhattan)

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Bullshyt like this why i moved to westchester and work up here.

City has the most millionaires per capita and this is how they raise money

Ya seem very nearsighted on this. It affects businesses and how they receive their product. Who foots the bill when a supplier has to drive into the city to deliver the goods.
Them, the business, or you?

shyt is already at the brim of insanity

Post covid isn't going to be pretty in the 5 boroughs...

From social safety nets to the types of crime that's gonna get committed..

Those sheisty masks are here to stay

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
low emissions zone :picard:

at least you are not (german) banning cars yet ..

That’s coming too. We’ve already got areas in London trialing “Low Traffic Neighborhoods.” They keep citing air pollution but it’s seemingly all the recently gentrified areas rolling this out.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Bullshyt like this why i moved to westchester and work up here.

City has the most millionaires per capita and this is how they raise money

Ya seem very nearsighted on this. It affects businesses and how they receive their product. Who foots the bill when a supplier has to drive into the city to deliver the goods. Them, the business, or you?

shyt is already at the brim of insanity
Drone deliveries incoming!!!

Congestion pricing for air traffic over NYC in 10 years incoming!!

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Its not even worth entertaining the trolls. The only people who support this are

transplants who are clueless
rich folk
people who "have friends" in Manhattan but don't live there

etc....

trolls or people who DGAF about other NYers.

It'd be amazing to see what happened if the people who keep the city breathing decided to go on strike. How long would it last down there?

And if anyone who is foolish enough to support this doesn't fall in these catageroies...

here's some breaking news:

You're going to pay. You think utilities and services aren't going to go up to compensate for shyt like this? Enjoy the cost of living increase thats gonna come your way to make up the difference.
You kind of suggested a simple solution to part of this didnt you? Service workers should add a surcharge for any work within those areas. The same way people charge extra for servicing people who live far away. Boom… add $30 for transit costs. Don’t want to pay, then move out the city. See how they like it then…

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Your goofy ass refused to answer my question. :dead:

I already did and got co signs in this thread. You can cruise through the thread cause I'm not repeating myself for you.

Listen geek you'd be up in arms if they gave NYers a work from home tax don't front.

Can't stand you not in my backyard MFers transplant gentrifying MFers.

"goofy" he says

concise

Veteran
Daps
Instead of taxing the rich, tax the middle and lower class, makes sense.
Then when the cost of goods in the stores go up, and the price of ubers goes up, everybody is gonna cry and wonder why. :mjlol:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
People who have kids/wives to drop off and other adult responsibilities that go beyond them, this had an immediate effect..

Rush hour service even at peak levels will have you waiting for another train because every car is packed to the brim..

And more often then not, the MTA has some sort of fukkery going on..

We aint even mention the lack of parking every block has..

You try to put your car back and you spend time spinning the block until an opening appears

Exactly; I mentioned this already in the thread. Why TF are those covid outdoor dining areas still standing. Tear those MFers down already. I'm not mad at the bike lanes at all but those Fugazi outdoor eating "structures" got 2 go.

Whats gonna happen when NYC only permits EVs? You know the only places that are going to have charging stations readily available like that? Lets take a wild guess.

NYC been on a mission to displace for a minute. They're becoming more and more aggressive with it because they can.

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Other than Trucks with Goods and services,who is really commuting daily to midtown in a car,paying for parking and tolls who is not SUPER well off?

This is not to say people don't drive thru Manhattan to get to other boroughs,but there are alternate routes to get around that.

Most who work in that area take public transportation to either their home.or their car parked elsewhere.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
As someone that lives in London, I can tell you that the benefits of congestion charging is marginal at best. Traffic is still terrible in London and bus services are still bad. It’s nothing more than a money making scheme.

Yea I've seen a couple brehs from across the pond chiming in. We'll be in the same boat as you guys it sounds like :francis:

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The war on cars in nyc is crazy. 24/7 25mph speed cameras throughout the city and congestion pricing. Could see a mass exodus from nyc.

Also, the public transportation in nyc, as great as it is, isnt equipped to handle the entire city.
If you got the HUD in ya whip you can keep it at 30 and you gucci.
Still sucks tho.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
You kind of suggested a simple solution to part of this didnt you? Service workers should add a surcharge for any work within those areas. The same way people charge extra for servicing people who live far away. Boom… add $30 for transit costs. Don’t want to pay, then move out the city. See how they like it then…

Its not nearly as simple as that and it won't just be +$30 but you get the premise; COL going up.

The bolded is what someone like myself deems to be problematic. If you travel within a 100 mile radius of NYC you will find damn near entire cities that now consist of native New Yorkers. This has really skyrocketed in the past decade.

If you know who or what I'm talking about get a consensus of how they ended up in these cities and ask them if they could would they rather be back in NYC and how they ended up where they are.