Congestion pricing is passed in NYC? (23 dollar toll to drive into Midtown and Lower Manhattan)

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don’t even own a car but I think it’s wild that the just invented a new tax to drive in Manhattan.

So if I’m trying to get my drunk ass home in an Uber I’m getting taxed? J and 4 wasn’t going to Brooklyn last night. Public transportation is a constant shyt show. They want us not to be in cars but they not providing decent service.
It's only during peak travel time breh.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Just when I thought I'd finally pay off my parking tickets so I can drive into the city, lol. The PATHway to the city just became clearer

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Drove in New York once and never again. New York has the worst drivers.
I blame the taxis. They are literally in a crazy taxi simulation all day.

I think New Yorkers are good drivers, I just think the city is just not a great driving environment. There's construction, potholes, pedestrians, bus lanes, and your turn comes up quick if you don't normally drive in the city. They're very alert on the road, but sometimes hearing them complain and curse about every little move another driver does can be annoying

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I blame the taxis. They are literally in a crazy taxi simulation all day.

I think New Yorkers are good drivers, I just think the city is just not a great driving environment. There's construction, potholes, pedestrians, bus lanes, and your turn comes up quick if you don't normally drive in the city. They're very alert on the road, but sometimes hearing them complain and curse about every little move another driver does can be annoying

Nah breh they garbage. I lived in NE for a while every time coming back from Bridgeport or Trumbull on that shytty 2 lane CT-15 it’s always that black & yellow license plate holding up traffic.

Unlike ma$$holes their sorry asses will never move over.

concise

Veteran
Daps
It's only during peak travel time breh.

There would be tolls 24/7, increasing or decreasing depending on the time of day.

Last year, MTA said passenger vehicle drivers could pay $9 to $23 to enter at peak times, while overnight tolls could be as little as $5.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Brehs that don't live here really think that mom and pop stores and breh in Spider-Man costume are driving to Times Square to survive. There's a reason why congestion pricing has immense bipartisan backing here.

how's that poll "immense bipartisan backing?" they asked people if they'd drive less if congestion pricing was implemented, no shyt if you put a gun to a poor person's head and say "pay up or take mass transit" they're not gonna wanna drive any more.

when you take the coercion out of the equation it's only cacs and rich people living in manhattan who want this. not a single other borough wants the increased traffic or their kids getting asthma for the sake of midtown not being as crowded.
New York City voters oppose congestion pricing 54 - 41 percent and say 52 - 40 percent that it will not be effective in reducing traffic, according to a Quinnipiac University Poll released today.

Manhattan voters are divided as 48 percent support congestion pricing, with 51 percent opposed, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll finds. Opposition in the other boroughs ranges from 52 - 43 percent in Staten Island to 64 - 30 percent in The Bronx.

White voters are divided, with 47 percent supporting congestion pricing and 49 percent opposed. Opposition is 63 - 33 percent among black voters and 58 - 39 percent among Hispanic voters.
I lived in NE for a while every time coming back from Bridgeport or Trumbull on that shytty 2 lane CT-15 it’s always that black & yellow license plate holding up traffic.
breh that's some awful luck, i don't think i've ever managed to go below 90 on the merritt :lolbron:

Last edited:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
You got co-signs from people who don't live in NY. There are next to zero working class people who actually commute to Midtown by car. People are from Cleveland and Tokepa clutchling their pearls. My boy is a building engineer in Times Square and said work is gonna pay for his shyt.

Even Lebron and the Cavs took the subway because traffic was so bad :dead: This is only a problem for the small % of the rich who insist on using their commuter benefits to use a company approved parking garage to drive in the city. :russ:
You're just like that other jackass, you're missing the entire point...

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It officially got passed today, feel for Jeresy drivers they will have to pay the bridge & tunnel tolls AND the congestion pricing toll :damn:

Phil Murphy was planning to sue NYC over this..

Yeah i saw the report this afternoon at the docs office... more traffic on queens blvd now both ways with the 59th street bridge...:snoop:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It officially got passed today, feel for Jeresy drivers they will have to pay the bridge & tunnel tolls AND the congestion pricing toll :damn:

Phil Murphy was planning to sue NYC over this..

They got cheaper homes and property taxes, they’ll be aight :mjgrin: