Comrades. All good things must come to an end. The American's Final Season thread.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Henry's education fukking up with Philth's money brehs :francis:

Liz body count this season :whew: 3 for 3 so far, that poor fat b*stard had to brah about having a girlfriend...

I'm really interested in seeing if Sophia's story has any meaning or if it's just gonna be a side "welp, that's the Cold War" story like Phillip's kid traveling to the US for nothing.

And man, Philt putting on his wig and stache feels like a retired super hero putting on his costume :wow:

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
I can't believe Russia let the family get in any financial bind. I do remember seeing a documentary about Russian and German scientists defecting here for freedom and because we had the money to fund their experiments unlike their home countries.

-Have the IRS sniffing around your deep undercover for decades spies, communist country brehs.:deadrose:

-Have your top spies on food stamps brehs.:dead:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's interesting to think that the family is in a financial crisis, because

1) money is hardly discussed on the show, as it is not a motivation for any of the characters, and at least we know, Liz finds it repulsive.

2)It is likely due to Phillips desire FOR American success and capitalism, he has embraced debt and the American Way, that he is in this position.

The scene with Liz and the guy at the end got me.....I don't know if it was his weight, or his goofy demeanor, but watching her strangle this average joe type, who just wanted to do a good job, you really are sickened, more so than in the past, you see her as the morally depraved zealot she is, not as the righteous, but misguided antihero who we have all lusted over, and respected to a degree. You just see someone who murdered an innocent person.

The scene with Phil's company talk was great

When Oleg tells Stan he used to see Nina on the subway, in the street, that whole conversation was heavy, dark, perfect.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I love this show even though sometimes it feels like Sims the TV show. We're really watching people give Huddle's at work brush their teeth do the dishes and cook dinner.

I still find it captivating though But I do think the pace needs to pick up this is the final season.

And that Henry seen was just as awkward as the last one. :mjlol:

Phil talking about his kung pao chicken had me dying for some reason too

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Last episode Phil was about to tell Liz that Oleg met up to him, but she wouldn't listen to him. At the end of this episode she taunted him by saying that he hadn't spoken to anyone from Russia in 20 years. But now its too late for him to warn her or even attempt to pull her over to his side.