Comrades. All good things must come to an end. The American's Final Season thread.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
finale was eh.....lots of room for a spinoff with Henry and Paige (10,20,30 years later)

stan should be doing life in prison for treason/aiding and abetting....:camby:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also anyone who thinks Phil didn't have an losses really wasn't watching the show.

-Has 3 kids that he has no relationship with
-Bodied countless innocent people for the good of Mother Russia
-Lied and ruined Martha's life to the point that she had to move to Russia
-Continued to get dragged into the spy business when he wanted nothing to do with it
-Lost his best friend and only really friend in the world in Stan
-Forced marriage where his wife despises him half the time
-Has to move from America a place that he actually liked living in back to Russia

“You were my only friend in my whole shytty life. All these years, my life was the joke, not yours."

That self ether.:picard:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
WQusFxa.jpg

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Eh this shyt was weak. All the killing Phil and Liz did throughout this series and we get to the finale and they come away unscathed and y'all want to frame it as "fitting".

Best part of the episode was the garage scene and Paige almost fukked that up with the sick lines.

But this show ended pretty much with the recurring theme we've had since season 3 with Phil or Liz not taking proper losses, Paige proving her character was pointless, Henry being a nonfactor and Stan/FBI taking the loss.

Stan looked weak as fukk letting them walk away after he knew they killed all those people. Then they double fukked him when Phil told him about Renee and he got stuck with being responsible for Henry.

Also I could see Phil getting away with the disguise on the train but not Liz and Paige.

And don't give me that BS they lost that family. Did it look like they gave a shyt by the time they got to Russia? Also why was there no blowback from Russia for Liz not only refusing a mission but thwarting one and also killing a fellow comrade.

And to top it off the series ended with loose ends for almost every character. Now we have to make up what we think happened to the characters.

best part of the show ending is never having to see @macpat post about the show again

:whew:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
best part of the show ending is never having to see @macpat post about the show again

:whew:

:yeshrug: y'all blindly love this show for whatever reason. Show isn't above criticism for me. And I seriously doubt any of you will ever revisit this series, payoff at the end just isn't worth it. I'm glad it's finally over too.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: y'all blindly love this show for whatever reason. Show isn't above criticism for me. And I seriously doubt any of you will ever revisit this series, payoff at the end just isn't worth it. I'm glad it's finally over too.
you should have given up on the show long ago, you never enjoyed it

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
you should have given up on the show long ago, you never enjoyed it
This isn't true. I loved the first 3 seasons, I felt like it got repetitive after that with nothing really major happening. Through all the seasons we only lost one semi major character (Nina) and I also fell out of love with Phil and Liz a while ago so I stopped rooting for them. The acting remained superb throughout the series. Story just got boring and repetitive imo. And I continued watching because I thought the payoff would be worth it but it was just more of the same.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't true. I loved the first 3 seasons, I felt like it got repetitive after that with nothing really major happening. Through all the seasons we only lost one semi major character (Nina) and I also fell out of love with Phil and Liz a while ago so I stopped rooting for them. The acting remained superb throughout the series. Story just got boring and repetitive imo. And I continued watching because I thought the payoff would be worth it but it was just more of the same.
I love this show too but I agree it got repetitive. I think they could have shaved off two seasons.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I've rewatched the show three times already :manny: Just say you don't like the show and keep it moving

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I've rewatched the show three times already :manny: Just say you don't like the show and keep it moving

I did, but if people are gonna reply to my post and/or tag me then I'll respond. You know, the entire purpose of a messageboard.