Comrades. All good things must come to an end. The American's Final Season thread.

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
This is what Henry's face will look like after finding out his hockey skills come from that secret Russian bloodline.:dwillhuh:

That tension when they were driving in Russia :sadcam:.

I thought they might unload the clip on them at any time :bustback:.

They lost two kids but Phil still has a b*stard kid in Russia. Maybe he can finally meet him.

He can check on Martha while he's at it too :lolbron:.
It sounds cold blooded but they are young enough to have more kids in Russia. They are starting over anyway in Russia but still it seems cold having to act like the other American kids never existed. Somebody in here mentioned Paige and Henry flying to Russia to see their biological parents in 2018 with so much changed in Russia on the surface but who knows what Putin has going on in secret.
bro, matthew rhys was so incredible this whole series. its criminal he doesn't have an emmy

just a fantastic job
The garage when they zoomed in on him begging for his family's life and freedom he was killing it man and even on the pay phone call to Henry he was the standout. I was mad at Paige for the call being her idea and her then chickening out or knowing she would cry and not sound normal because she loves him so much but at least that meant more time for Matthew to kill it in the scene. :smugbiden:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It sounds cold blooded but they are young enough to have more kids in Russia. They are starting over anyway in Russia but still it seems cold having to act like the other American kids never existed. Somebody in here mentioned Paige and Henry flying to Russia to see their biological parents in 2018 with so much changed in Russia on the surface but who knows what Putin has going on in secret.

I don't buy for a second that Phil and Liz stay together as a couple. They might keep in touch because they are the only ones that know what they've went through but they are pretty much done romantically.

Once Liz realizes that saving Gorbachev leads to having a McDonalds and the rich oligarchy controlling the country she's gonna be feel like an utter failure and blame Phil for fukking everything up. Phil, on the other, will forever resent Liz for not going with his defecting plan and giving their kids a happy life.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't buy for a second that Phil and Liz stay together as a couple. They might keep in touch because they are the only ones that know what they've went through but they are pretty much done romantically.

Once Liz realizes that saving Gorbachev leads to having a McDonalds and the rich oligarchy controlling the country she's gonna be feel like an utter failure and blame Phil for fukking everything up. Phil, on the other, will forever resent Liz for not going with his defecting plan and giving their kids a happy life.
Lol she is a failure and a stupid brainwashed moron. I was hoping she’d get a firing squad. Phil should ditch that psychotic bytch and get back with Martha

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94

Only way I'd be down is if Joel and Joe were still the brains behind it. Wouldn't want no b*stard child of the Americans written by some hack. Could Paige make a show interesting enough on her own? I know Saul did it with BB, but Saul was entertaining while Paige was usually the least liked character in the series.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I haven't recovered yet.....I read about 6 reviews last night, and didn't fall asleep til like 2:30, after watching again, and taking a walk listening to those two, songs, which I have never heard before.

Today, I have played that U2 one about 10 times, walking around, zoning out on those scenes of Paige as Liz sees her....

Paige is damaged, but she will be ok, she can't spy, Stan can see to that, if nothing else. And she wouldn't want to. But, she will have to be re indoctrinated into society, in small ways, she is like children who work for organized crime, cutting bodies and hanging banners. She isn't going to kill herself.

She came back to BE Paige, not anyone else, she wants her life and her brother.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I haven't recovered yet.....I read about 6 reviews last night, and didn't fall asleep til like 2:30, after watching again, and taking a walk listening to those two, songs, which I have never heard before.

Today, I have played that U2 one about 10 times, walking around, zoning out on those scenes of Paige as Liz sees her....

Paige is damaged, but she will be ok, she can't spy, Stan can see to that, if nothing else. And she wouldn't want to. But, she will have to be re indoctrinated into society, in small ways, she is like children who work for organized crime, cutting bodies and hanging banners. She isn't going to kill herself.

She came back to BE Paige, not anyone else, she wants her life and her brother.

I didn't know the Dire Straights song myself, but you've never heard U2- With or Without You? That song still gets regular play on radio stations. Mater of fact 1980's U2 has some very good songs.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I don't think I have, unless in a movie, or fleetingly in a cab or Lyft or something. I am vaguely familiar with their work, probably only a few songs I would know, but not know were U2, unless I was told.

That song was perfect for that moment, and it worked more so on me, as I had never heard it, and didn't feel cliched, or too heavy handed.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I don't think I have, unless in a movie, or fleetingly in a cab or Lyft or something. I am vaguely familiar with their work, probably only a few songs I would know, but not know were U2, unless I was told.

That song was perfect for that moment, and it worked more so on me, as I had never heard it, and didn't feel cliched, or too heavy handed.

I know what you mean. There are tons of songs I know, but never know who actually sing them until years later.

At first when I heard the song start I was thinking it would be cringeworthy, but by the end my wife must have been cutting an onion nearby. Never should have doubted the song as they pretty much always nailed the songs in the show.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Russian food is garbage btw. Cabbage soup with sour cream on it. Peasant food with no flavor. Paige had to force herself to eat Claudia’s food.

Edit: beet soup with sour cream :russ: fukk Russians and their shytty country

borscht-vertical-c2-1800.jpg

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
The way they kept mentioning to Stan about Liz great hair felt like an Easter egg wink to us :flabbynsick::old: people in the audience about her Felicity days and the way her unique hairstyle was in the news.

She was on a married with children episode I saw on tbs the other night. Bud Bundy was trying to spit game to her.:laff: She was so good on the Americans that it will take awhile to not see killer Liz when I look at her.:lupe:

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Eh this shyt was weak. All the killing Phil and Liz did throughout this series and we get to the finale and they come away unscathed and y'all want to frame it as "fitting".

Best part of the episode was the garage scene and Paige almost fukked that up with the sick lines.

But this show ended pretty much with the recurring theme we've had since season 3 with Phil or Liz not taking proper losses, Paige proving her character was pointless, Henry being a nonfactor and Stan/FBI taking the loss.

Stan looked weak as fukk letting them walk away after he knew they killed all those people. Then they double fukked him when Phil told him about Renee and he got stuck with being responsible for Henry.

Also I could see Phil getting away with the disguise on the train but not Liz and Paige.

And don't give me that BS they lost that family. Did it look like they gave a shyt by the time they got to Russia? Also why was there no blowback from Russia for Liz not only refusing a mission but thwarting one and also killing a fellow comrade.

And to top it off the series ended with loose ends for almost every character. Now we have to make up what we think happened to the characters.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Eh this shyt was weak. All the killing Phil and Liz did throughout this series and we get to the finale and they come away unscathed and y'all want to frame it as "fitting".

Best part of the episode was the garage scene and Paige almost fukked that up with the sick lines.

But this show ended pretty much with the recurring theme we've had since season 3 with Phil or Liz not taking proper losses, Paige proving her character was pointless, Henry being a nonfactor and Stan/FBI taking the loss.

Stan looked weak as fukk letting them walk away after he knew they killed all those people. Then they double fukked him when Phil told him about Renee and he got stuck with being responsible for Henry.

Also I could see Phil getting away with the disguise on the train but not Liz and Paige.

And don't give me that BS they lost that family. Did it look like they gave a shyt by the time they got to Russia? Also why was there no blowback from Russia for Liz not only refusing a mission but thwarting one and also killing a fellow comrade.

And to top it off the series ended with loose ends for almost every character. Now we have to make up what we think happened to the characters.

tenor.gif