Comrades. All good things must come to an end. The American's Final Season thread.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
The way they kept mentioning to Stan about Liz great hair felt like an Easter egg wink to us :flabbynsick::old: people in the audience about her Felicity days and the way her unique hairstyle was in the news.

She was on a married with children episode I saw on tbs the other night. Bud Bundy was trying to spit game to her.:laff: She was so good on the Americans that it will take awhile to not see killer Liz when I look at her.:lupe:
I remember when people lost their shyt when she cut her hair short.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Hopefully in about 7-8 years, they will do a Trump era series of the Americans. It probably won't have all the killing, except in Russia, but it would be an interesting series.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
For all the craziness I pictured - I liked the fact that it kinda ended with a sense of inevitability. Stan was going to have to confront them. They were going to have to leave, die or get locked up.

The slow crush of realization in the parking garage was just :wow:

The range of emotions that Stan goes through from:damn:and :pacspit:to :birdman:to :why: and:merchant: :dwillhuh:then finally :mindblown::mjcry::sadcam: was amazing.

The endless fukking silence in the priest's interview when you didn't know whether or not he was gonna rat them out :lupe:

Stan's girl making note of all the boxes been taken out of the house like :youngsabo::steviej:Dude is going to have to sleep with one eye open for the rest of his life. :wow:

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Keep thinking of the Paige/Elizabeth scene, and remembering all those moments of them bonding in the trap house and at home, and the look on Liz's face, as she sees her outside. The sheer discipline to not try some Indiana Jones stunt, I was thinking that as Phil walked up the aisle, just to sit with his wife in the wake of a unthinkable turn of events. I think Phil was more resigned to it, Liz still saw Paige as her protege, and Paige had become her own woman.

Stan, I mean, we haven't even covered how wracked with guilt he will be, as the investigations ties Liz and Phil to numerous killings, and they all but stop, when they leave the city. Not to mention he has to deal with, one way or another, that the woman he loves may not love him that way, or for those reasons, and how he will handle it. Like all the reviews have stated, it's a poison to the marriage, even if it's false.

Stan essentially knows he betrayed his higher oath or higher loyalty (Comey!) for what he thought were higher principals of family, and friendship, and not to mention his own humiliation.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Also anyone who thinks Phil didn't have an losses really wasn't watching the show.

-Has 3 kids that he has no relationship with
-Bodied countless innocent people for the good of Mother Russia
-Lied and ruined Martha's life to the point that she had to move to Russia
-Continued to get dragged into the spy business when he wanted nothing to do with it
-Lost his best friend and only really friend in the world in Stan
-Forced marriage where his wife despises him half the time
-Has to move from America a place that he actually liked living in back to Russia

“You were my only friend in my whole shytty life. All these years, my life was the joke, not yours."

Last edited:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also anyone who thinks Phil didn't have an losses really wasn't watching the show.

-Has 3 kids that he has no relationship with
-Bodied countless innocent people for the good of Mother Russia
-Lied and ruined Martha's life to the point that she had to move to Russia
-Continued to get dragged into the spy business when he wanted nothing to do with it
-Lost is best friend and only really friend in the world in Stan
-Forced marriage where his wife despises him half the time
-Has to move from America a place that he actually liked living in back to Russia

“You were my only friend in my whole shytty life. All these years, my life was the joke, not yours."
All the p*ssy he got though :banderas:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Cavs won a quarter.:ohhh:
They might have a shot if LeBron can play 48 minutes every game.:troll:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
That tension when they were driving in Russia :sadcam:.

I thought they might unload the clip on them at any time :bustback:.

When he asked Arkady to pull over, I thought he was going to add "Where are we going? Moscow is that way! :damn:"

I expected Claudia to pull up and throw them in the back of a blacked out van, as part of a deal between the KGB and Arkady to get Oleg back.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way they kept mentioning to Stan about Liz great hair felt like an Easter egg wink to us :flabbynsick::old: people in the audience about her Felicity days and the way her unique hairstyle was in the news.

She was on a married with children episode I saw on tbs the other night. Bud Bundy was trying to spit game to her.:laff: She was so good on the Americans that it will take awhile to not see killer Liz when I look at her.:lupe:

Damn, Keri Russell did have iconic hair for a white bytch :wow:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
:whoo:

What an amazing series. I like the ending, with the open closure. I did however have Godfather flashbacks when they were stopped at the border crossing. I just knew once old dude got off the phone they were getting lit up. Glad it didn't go that way. Been a great ride...

:to:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
When he asked Arkady to pull over, I thought he was going to add "Where are we going? Moscow is that way! :damn:"

I expected Claudia to pull up and throw them in the back of a blacked out van, as part of a deal between the KGB and Arkady to get Oleg back.

The tension on that drive was crushing. Part of me wanted them to tug at that thread juuust a bit more, but I really can't complain about how it was handled.

Man, having to abandon one child only to have your other child abandon you is one hell of a cruel twist.

What a show. And what a wholly captivating and satisfying finale.