Comrades. All good things must come to an end. The American's Final Season thread.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I liked the lowkey ending, some crazy shootout wouldn’t have been realistic. Ending left a lot up to viewers imagination even while providing closure. Not surprised Phil was able to connect with Stan. That’s what he does. Phil is the man. And it’s not like Stan is going to shoot them, they knew that. That Rene line was :whew: and then her staring off at their house like that. Honestly if Phil marks you, 99% chance he’s right. Again, this is what he does.

Left a lot up to viewers imagination with the kids. Stan knowing Paige knows is awkward because you can only imagine they will not be active in Henry’s life. I don’t see how that angle works. And wtf does Stan do about Rene???

Seems like Phil & Elizabeth stay together. They are all they have.

Great show.

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Part of me thinks Paige will commit suicide. The way she had that drink combined with her speech to her mother about being lonely and not having any friends or a boyfriend and now she doesn't have any family that she can contact.:jbhmm: She could have killed herself in Russia if she didn't like it over there but maybe she wanted to do it on her homesoil. Open ended finales leave the door open for our imaginations to run wild.

I agree with the other people in here who thought they were going to kill Phil and Liz. The guy who picked them up in the car told Olegs dad that the people may come after him so unless Stan sent that message to Russia then the same people may also come for Phil and Liz to clean house.:patrice:

My nikka Gregory
RIP

:wow::salute:

Last edited:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What Happens Now To The Spies Next Door?: ‘The Americans’ EPs On Mindblowing Series Finale

The creators said the Jennings lived. They weren't killing them off.

This is the creators talking about Paige's future.

However, what the duo did share was their insight on the Jennings’ future. Paige in particular has been the secret sauce of the final season, one who the Jennings attempted to shield from their careers, but in the end took to the cause like fish-to-water, able to knock down men twice her size to the floorboards. Paige bravely decided tonight that she would not be on the lam with her parents, nor be destined to a life in the U.S.S.R. She steps off the train and ultimately takes refuge in Claudia’s apartment with a bottle of vodka. Is spy life in the cards for her? Does she wind up infiltrating the U.S. State Department, and watching as President Donald Trump wins the 2016 president election thanks to mother Russia?

“Once Paige’s parents left, their identities are blown, and there’s no real way for her to carry on as a spy with her parents exposed,” says Fields, “She’d be under so much suspicion, she couldn’t carry on.”

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
lol at Philthy slowly walking away

Stan takes one last L, take care of another man seed and your woman is a spy

i tell you boy law enforcement in this show is perhaps the worst of all time and Stan is top 3 worst of all time agents

Exactly. Stan could’ve redeemed himself in ONE motion and shot all three of them in the legs, paraded them on TV as the biggest catches of the latter part of the Cold War, embarrassed Russia and rode the wave into public office.

The way he let them go so easily you woulda thought it was three Ninas instead of the Jennings family.

Oleg took a TEEEEEERRIBLE roll of the dice by coming back to the US and the whole former Residentura crew suffer because of that. Dude will be a political pawn until forever but at least won’t have to be in Russia to watch the USSR fall.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So the spy show that was actually a family drama ended with the spies blowing their cover and without their family :wow:

Top 5 show ever for me, incredible season. I think the last 5 minutes or so were the weakest of the whole 10 episodes, mostly because it was just "there" for no reason. I did love Philth asking Arkady DA GAWD to pull over in russian, it's the type of details I fukking love and they saved it for the last scene of the show.

"I don't know how to say this, but I think your girl might be one of us too". In true The Americans fashion, the biggest conversation and revelation of the season is made in the most awkward and uncomfortable situation possible :pachaha:

Gotta be honest, when With or Without You started playing I was like "do we really need U2 right now?", but when they showed Pistol Whip leaving the train and then Liz face I literally gasped and it felt like someone was cutting onions. At first watch, I think that would've been a more powerful ending, I was literally :mindblown: :mjcry: for almost a minute.

Oleg the realest since Kumbaya :to:

I absolutely fukking loved this show from top to bottom. Friday Night Lights played with my emotions but The Americans was just gutwrenching and tense and filled with the right kind of fukkery. I'm really gonna miss it.

:salute: to all the brehs here who made it an even better watch with the commentary and the GOAT nicknames a TV show has ever had.
great series, possibly gonna end up in my top 5 :wow:

was a great way to speak about family life and how parents can ruin the lives of their children without them even have lived it. Phil & Liz were always for themselves with their kids being a distant second in regards of care, and it is fitting they end up back in Russia by themselves. Their kids are no better off than when the series started, probably worse off and yet Phil & Liz feel free; a twisted delusion of their parenting. Leave a daughter who'll get caught by the feds and do life in jail/be executed and a son whose whole life is a lie and will be destroyed by the public in the US brehs

Exactly. And their whole motto during the whole show was "Family first", even Liz who put Russia above anything convinced herself that their children were their top 1 priority. It's fitting that after such a shytty life and deluding themselves with the notion of family, they go back home unscathed and WITHOUT their children. Only thing they have left is their fukked up past and their delusion :wow:

I mean, Liz talking about "how are we gonna leave him alone". bytch, that poor kid has been alone his whole cotdamn life and no matter what you did you already fukked him up forever :damn: :to:

I know some people might've preferred seeing them "pay" in prison or dying but when you think about it, this was the deepest and biggest L they could take.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Left a lot up to viewers imagination with the kids. Stan knowing Paige knows is awkward because you can only imagine they will not be active in Henry’s life. I don’t see how that angle works. And wtf does Stan do about Rene???

It seemed Stan didn't much care about Renee being a spy or not. After this whole thing I doubt he'll even stay at the FBI so he wouldn't be of much use anyway. As someone else said he kinda looked at her thinking "p*ssy is p*ssy" and not wanting to be alone.

The Paige stuff is the most puzzling in the sense that she really has no purpose nor anywhere to go. She couldn't even stay for Henry as he's marked and has Stan as his "guardian" of sorts. I mean, I get why she didn't go with her parents, but her ending is not only open ended but a complete mystery to me. She could've committed suicide at Claudia's or went to Argentina with Pastor Tim, or who the hell knows.

I liked the lowkey ending, some crazy shootout wouldn’t have been realistic. Ending left a lot up to viewers imagination even while providing closure. Not surprised Phil was able to connect with Stan. That’s what he does. Phil is the man. And it’s not like Stan is going to shoot them, they knew that. .

And even in the most honest conversation he ever had with Stan, his best friend, he STILL had to lie to him about not knowing about the murders and acting like his job didn't have to do with that type of stuff. As y'all said before, he's the most likeable "bad" guy ever :to: :to:

BTW, his acting was once again fukking incredible. The facial expressions showing sorrow, regret, sadness, shock felt so real the whole episode. And then, in the final scene when he's in the car he looks like a shocked/scared little kid when Arkady is driving them through Russia. GIVE THAT MAN AN EMMY :damn:

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i thought the way they set up the scene with the FBI at the Jennings home pretty much confirmed that Renee is some kind of spy.

the reality is in like 10 years they might be able to go visit their parents in Russia anyway.

but at the time i could see how they'd think it's the end. :yeshrug: