Comrades. All good things must come to an end. The American's Final Season thread.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Liz had an about face in the course of one episode. There really wasn't any build up to that prior. She has been a wreckless machine all season long, no questions asked, now all of a sudden she has questions and flat out refused a mission. They kind of rushed that.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Those opening barrages of viciousness from Phil and Liz are so good....

"Do you? You're wearing a cyanide pill around your neck"

"You love to talk Phillip.....if you wanted to tell me you would have told me"

That scene at the artists house was just brutal, and these scenes with Jackson really just bring home the nature of their work, and all the lies, sexual manipulation, and corruption of innocence.

I feel like Phillip got the suit to turn himself in with to Stan.

"Maybe he'll give you absolution"

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Holy fukk at the tension :damn:

Lay it Down getting got next episode, isn't she ? :wow:

The death of the artist was just :picard:

Liz had an about face in the course of one episode. There really wasn't any build up to that prior. She has been a wreckless machine all season long, no questions asked, now all of a sudden she has questions and flat out refused a mission. They kind of rushed that.

I was trying to remember the first couple of seasons when Liz clashed with Claudia and if she ever refused to do a job before? Couldn't really come up with one but it that were the case, then I could buy her refusing to kill Nesterenko. If not, I'm with you.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holy fukk at the tension :damn:

Lay it Down getting got next episode, isn't she ? :wow:

The death of the artist was just :picard:

I was trying to remember the first couple of seasons when Liz clashed with Claudia and if she ever refused to do a job before? Couldn't really come up with one but it that were the case, then I could buy her refusing to kill Nesterenko. If not, I'm with you.
Phil's turn is what caused Liz to turn. If it wasn't for that she wouldn't have said anything

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Phil's turn is what caused Liz to turn. If it wasn't for that she wouldn't have said anything

Oh I get that, but the point is if Philth turning on her felt as enough to make her reject the mission. Considering how Liz has been portrayed all series, and specially this season, and how the show likes to take it's time for stuff like this, it came out kinda rushed.

I mean, Liz was starting to get to a breaking point before the "vacation" the Centre gave the Jennings but after that it was business as usual for her, for the most part. Last night she "broke" in a single day, and even though any person would considering the year she's had, it still feels too quick for a character like hers.

Again, my judgment might be based too much on what has happened and her portrayal this season. But it is what it is, it's not that big of a deal either :manny:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Oh I get that, but the point is if Philth turning on her felt as enough to make her reject the mission. Considering how Liz has been portrayed all series, and specially this season, and how the show likes to take it's time for stuff like this, it came out kinda rushed.

I mean, Liz was starting to get to a breaking point before the "vacation" the Centre gave the Jennings but after that it was business as usual for her, for the most part. Last night she "broke" in a single day, and even though any person would considering the year she's had, it still feels too quick for a character like hers.

Again, my judgment might be based too much on what has happened and her portrayal this season. But it is what it is, it's not that big of a deal either :manny:

I've been thinking about this quite a bit. When is the last time, prior to Phil in this ep, someone close to her confronted her about her actions? Or rather the job she's doing for the center. It seems fair to me that someone like Phil standing up and questioning the value and necessity of her missions would shake her.

Even more once she realizes she's a pawn in a game for political control of Russia, rather than an agent striving solely for her country.