Comrades. All good things must come to an end. The American's Final Season thread.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I can't believe someone so disappointed in seemingly every aspect of this show is still watching :russ:

I mean, it's not a show you can really hate watch

In my initial post for this thread I didn't even @ him because he complained about last season and how it's only gone downhill. Somehow and for some reason he's still watching this show and still coming into this thread.

Like why watch a show to just be mad and complain about it?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
There is actually 3 episodes left. "The Summit" "Jennings, Elisabeth" & "START." 3 episodes is enough time to wrap this up. Stan is super close to breaking this thing all open.

I did not know that was the name for the second to last episode :damn: :lupe:

Lay it Down Liz gotta die in that ep, right? we'll probably spend 40 minutes being reminded why she is how she is and in the end she'll either die for the cause or die for her family :wow:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I got that sinking feeling in my stomach when Stan was sleuthing.

2 episodes left and Stan still doesn't know. Suspicious, yes, but no real evidence. I guess things are gonna happen quick once the FBI puts 2 and 2 They are really dragging this out though. This episode wasn't all that tense to me. I already knew Phil and Liz were gonna get out unscathed. I thought Stan would find something in the house though. Was disappointed when he didn't.

The way it was edited, I'm not sure Stan DIDN'T find something. Maybe he has it all figured out by now, he just can't bring himself to lose his best friend (yet).

Even if he didn't find anything directly, he knows about Paige meeting up with the mythical "Aunt Helen", yet he looked at all their photos and he's noticed that there are NO photos of any relatives in the house at all.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I finally caught up. I’m loving this season.

However, Stan putting 2 and 2 together seemed a bit random and forced. I know it was going to happen, sooner or later, but it seemed strange to me. Like, why did it just happen now, as opposed to some time in the past?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

However, Stan putting 2 and 2 together seemed a bit random and forced. I know it was going to happen, sooner or later, but it seemed strange to me. Like, why did it just happen now, as opposed to some time in the past?

For starters, he hasn't been working in that department for a while. He just got pulled back in. And Phil is clearly broken at this point and clearly keeping something hidden from him.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

They always knew they were looking for a couple. Then all of a sudden Phil leaves Thanksgiving and goes on a "business trip" at the exact moment that an "Illegal" disappears and two FBI agents get killed. Then, he's wondering "why are these guys over at MY house for Thanksgiving every year, don't they have any other relatives they can go to or that can come over?"

Plus, Oleg just showed up at random and the FBI is convinced Oleg is working for Directorate S.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I don’t like how Stan is finally putting this together. There were bigger hints seasons ago that hey maybe your neighbors are murderous spies. Now he just randomly wants to snoop around. He and the FBI have been shown to be so hapless throughout the show that basically anything other than The Jennings family killing somebody in front of the department building wouldn’t arouse their suspicion.

They gonna end up killing his dumbass anyway.

And here’s my weekly fukk Liz for pulling the king of disguises Philthy Phil back into the lifestyle.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"I used to see you and Liz come home at 3, 4, in the morning....and think what are these people doing...."

"Are you into something....."

The leadup t Stan's revelations work, it's easy to forget that the pilot episode had Stan suspicious enough to break into their garage.

Stan doesn't know, but he knows. Phil can't even lie to him anymore, he doesn't look him in the eyes, he's shaky, he's unraveled almost all the way. I can't call it how it ends, but I see Phil going to Stan, and trying to get a deal, and Stan will help....but won't show mercy, because of what he's done

The move in Chicago, and the aftermath was brutal, as Phil stared at the axe, so dark and grim. The shootout too, the way it was so quick, and matter of fact, like real life. No chases or missed shots.

I was thinking about the flight, and how wrenching it must be to commit these atrocities, and go through the mundane routines of a flight, sitting in coach, after disarticulating a body...

The last scenes with Stan....the end is coming, I don't know where Paige falls, I see her maybe getting away with it, and leaving the family.

I don't know, but I can't wait.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

This isn't first time he broke into their house to Snoop around.:ld:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Never bothered looking at the ratings before but a lot of people are missing out

a757460eb8a5cb0f287d815afb72a0fe.png