Comrades. All good things must come to an end. The American's Final Season thread.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trying to find a new series to watch. Is this really that good? Any seasons that just completely fall off?

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
man what an episode...even tho none of the main characters died, this ep gave me a Blue Comet feel where the stakes were raised tenfold and next week's episode will be :wow:

sad to see my man Oleg go down :mjcry:he was just tryin to good things for his people & his homeland. Second week in a row someone protected Phil & Liz when they didn't have to (Pastor Tim:ehh:). Gotta feeling Liz not killing Claudia will comeback to get them but honestly I've got no idea how this ends :lupe:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
man what an episode...even tho none of the main characters died, this ep gave me a Blue Comet feel where the stakes were raised tenfold and next week's episode will be :wow:

sad to see my man Oleg go down :mjcry:he was just tryin to good things for his people & his homeland. Second week in a row someone protected Phil & Liz when they didn't have to (Pastor Tim:ehh:). Gotta feeling Liz not killing Claudia will comeback to get them but honestly I've got no idea how this ends :lupe:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Pastor Tim ain't no snitch brehs :wow:

Neither is Oleg :salute:

Tatiana's thot ass got got by Liz :krs:

"The damage you made is indescribable, far worse than all the good you did all these years....what's left for you now? your house? your AMERICAN kids? Phillip?" cotdamn Claudia did not held back :damn:

Aye fukk Paige now flip flopping and getting on Philth's side now that she finally realize what Liz actually does :stopitslime:

The moment is finally here, they are busted and on the run. Doesn't seem Stan is gonna have much of a moment to confront Phillip, only one episode left and there's still a ton of scenarios for this show to end. So much greatness my brehs :ohlawd:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Didn't have a file on the two Russian spies across the street but did have one on a 23 year old black man in Florida.:dead::mjpls:

He knew he was being followed but didn't shake them first. Don't know if he got sloppy or it's just harder to get away from them on foot.

:ufdup: don't doubt Philth's skills. Dude had 10 seconds to figure shyt out once he found out the FBI was all over him.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Wouldn't their business come up in the ACS database? I thought it was a legal, registered, licensed business.

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
:ufdup: don't doubt Philth's skills. Dude has 10 seconds to figure shyt out once he found out the FBI was all over him.
I should edit my comment that was the Russian Oleg I was talking about before the arrest. My second comment was Phil getting away.

Show has me so paranoid I thought Agent Aderholt might be a Russian agent when he looked back at Stan after telling him the Jennings are not spies.:deadmanny:

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Pastor Tim ain't no snitch brehs :wow:

Neither is Oleg :salute:

Tatiana's thot ass got got by Liz :krs:

"The damage you made is indescribable, far worse than all the good you did all these years....what's left for you now? your house? your AMERICAN kids? Phillip?" cotdamn Claudia did not held back :damn:

Aye fukk Paige now flip flopping and getting on Philth's side now that she finally realize what Liz actually does :stopitslime:

The moment is finally here, they are busted and on the run. Doesn't seem Stan is gonna have much of a moment to confront Phillip, only one episode left and there's still a ton of scenarios for this show to end. So much greatness my brehs :ohlawd:
Margo is a great actress. She had Liz feeling guilty for doing the right thing.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Great episode, caught up at the perfect time :whew:

Have a hard time imagining Elizabeth & Phil walk into the sunset and escape the country. Maybe they do but have to give up their kids? Too far from Henry and Paige will refuse to go. That doesn’t seem like enough of a penalty for everything they did. That would affect Phil but Elizabeth is stone cold

I think Phil is taken in and Elizabeth eats the pill :whoa: :why:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
By the way, will Stan's girl always being suspected to be a russian spy end up being a red herring? If that is the case, how would you feel about it?

At this point I think she kinda has to have some sort of role in the finale. She's been made out to look suspicious since she showed up and her working on the FBI has been mentioned too many times this season just be a red herring, no? :patrice:

Maybe Stan ends the show as some sort of hero and gets promoted, Renee ends up as his secretary or close to his office and the last shot we get is her giving info to the Russians or maybe another country :lupe:

Also, Oleg telling Stan to get his head out of his ass and worry about the bigger picture with Gorbachev was interesting, though with one episode left it doesn't seem that conversation will have much impact.

So Stan going to get the blame for all this right:patrice:
wouldn't be surprised that Liz/Phil been setting up Stan for years just for this moment:jbhmm:

It doesn't look like Stan will get much backlash. Everyone has treated him like a crazy person every time he's brought up the Jennings as suspicious. He'll blame himself for not being able to figure everything up and maybe quit the FBI but I don't see him getting heavily punished.

Trying to find a new series to watch. Is this really that good? Any seasons that just completely fall off?

Some people and most of the critics didn't like last season as it practically didn't move the main plot forward - it kinda punted to this final season - and focused more on the characters. As a fan of said characters I really liked it but I got the criticism. There's no fall off like season 2 of FNL though.

Show is legit top 5 all time to me, if they land the finale it's top 3 imo. But you gotta take into account that it's not so much about spies as it is about family and the fukked up life they have as spies/working intelligence during the Cold War.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Father Andre: "I heard he's going to snitch to the FBI":patrice:
Phil: "When?":dwillhuh:

Father Andre: "Today.":manny:

Phil: "Today?":gucci::what::childplease::dahell::beli::stopitslime:
giphy.gif

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
They actually pulled off making Elizabeth look younger :leon:

Side note: As a smoker myself, it’s very apparent that Keri Russell is not actually inhaling :skip:

Not a big deal really, but it does take a little bit way from the realism though :manny: I can always tell who the smokers are on TV (In Mad Men all the smokers on the show actually smoked for real)

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"I can spend the rest of my life in here" (gestures around, shrugging)

That convo between Paige and Liz was scathing, I thought Liz was going to go for her neck, when she started with that

"you're a whore.....Does Dad know he married a whore...."

"You know NOTHING"

Phil meeting with the CW (or was he legit, I fumbled on that) and that escape was classic, that is the tradecraft in action, evade and escape

As he started to stare at everyone in the park, and saw the agents.

Those phone calls where your world changes in an instant.....Those moments where you feel like you are going to wake up from a dream, I don't want to feel that again

The stash house scenes and her go bag

Phil and Liz are going straight to Stan, is my prediction, as we are all venturing our theories...

Next week I'm getting borscht and potato dumplings from the Russian place, and saying goodbye to this show the right way.