Comrades. All good things must come to an end. The American's Final Season thread.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Brehs I'm rewatching Sons of Anarchy but I'm bored af honestly

Watching some Mindhunter too but it's ok, but nothing amazing

Is this worth getting into? I loved 'A Spy Came In From The Cold' (the spy novel) and generally like Spy movies (not action ones, more the documentary style/real ones)

Does it stay good and are there a lot of 'on the edge of your seat' moments or is it very slow? Hit me with the spoiler free facts brehs

:jbhmm:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I've been trying to figure out why this show is so slept on

If this was on Netflix I feel like this could have built up a following similar to Breaking Bad and had the world tuning into the final season. Not to that level but definitely more than it has at this point

The ratings for this show have always been low but I don't get this shyt :patrice:

e87c0edebb5afe378e4db6f03bac01e1.png

The Americans (2013 TV series) - Wikipedia
Yea I think being on netflix would help...right now you need Amazon Prime to watch past seasons.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Brehs I'm rewatching Sons of Anarchy but I'm bored af honestly

Watching some Mindhunter too but it's ok, but nothing amazing

Is this worth getting into? I loved 'A Spy Came In From The Cold' (the spy novel) and generally like Spy movies (not action ones, more the documentary style/real ones)

Does it stay good and are there a lot of 'on the edge of your seat' moments or is it very slow? Hit me with the spoiler free facts brehs

:jbhmm:

It's definitely a slow-burn spy show. Heavy on disguises and tradecraft. But a lot of the focus is also on the family aspect.

It's a spy show like The Sopranos was a gangster show.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
shyt about to get super real :wow:

I need that scene where Stan finally puts 2 & 2 together :lupe:

After they were discussing following up on car lease records they showed Phil pulling into the garage. He's this close to finding out that one of their cars matches the pattern that they're looking for.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
So many shows in the rotation, I got behind on this show but just caught up the last couple of days :ehh:

Just in time to see Hit em up Henry or Hockey Henry now get his spotlight episode :skip:. Dude has come a long way from playing computer games and stealing pictures of Mrs. Beeman :lolbron:.

Paige has too, with the time jump she really has been down for Mother Russia. Claudia and Liz got her thinking everything is kosher with the Russian movies and propaganda. Until Angry Phil had to make a return and let her know what's up :ufdup:.

Punching out a few college students is nothing compared to the amount of bodies Liz has been catching this season :picard:. She got Sophia and Stan's Russian buddy :sadcam:.

Good seeing Oleg more, hopefully he makes it back home and Tatiana doesn't get him caught up :francis:.

Things aren't looking great either for Chicago with the FBI getting the Rosetta Stone on their spycraft :francis:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Started this thread and have been playing catch up all season. Finally caught up.

Liz is a monster. Previous seasons you got a mix of bad and good and you could kind of root for her. Similar to Walt in BB. Now I don't feel bad at all if she catches one from the FBI.

Poor Phil. Guy gets out of the spy game to live a normal life only to stress about money, continuing to seduce get information from Kimmy (She's in college now), a wife who at this point doesn't love or respect him.

Paige has come a long way, but she'll never really get her hands dirty.

Henry getting all the prep school ass he can handle now. I'm thinking he says something to Stan that gets the ball rolling.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Started this thread and have been playing catch up all season. Finally caught up.

Liz is a monster. Previous seasons you got a mix of bad and good and you could kind of root for her. Similar to Walt in BB. Now I don't feel bad at all if she catches one from the FBI.

Poor Phil. Guy gets out of the spy game to live a normal life only to stress about money, continuing to seduce get information from Kimmy (She's in college now), a wife who at this point doesn't love or respect him.

Paige has come a long way, but she'll never really get her hands dirty.

Henry getting all the prep school ass he can handle now. I'm thinking he says something to Stan that gets the ball rolling.

I don't even think Henry needs to say anything because subconsciously Stan probably knows something is up with them already. Rewatching the series a month or so ago, I picked up on Stan not completely telling them everything about work, even vague information. With that suspicion and the evidence, I think it will come full circle, and I also believe his girl will kill him too.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I don't even think Henry needs to say anything because subconsciously Stan probably knows something is up with them already. Rewatching the series a month or so ago, I picked up on Stan not completely telling them everything about work, even vague information. With that suspicion and the evidence, I think it will come full circle, and I also believe his girl will kill him too.

I've definitely not given up being suspicious of Stan's girl, especially since she's now trying to hey a job in the bureau. That said, at this point, if there's a big reveal that shes been KGB all this time I'm worried that it wont work. Feels way too late in the game for that kind of bombshell.

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Who survives out of the following?

Phil
Liz
Stan
Paige

I think 3 of the above 4 are getting bodied