Comrades. All good things must come to an end. The American's Final Season thread.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
That ending had me hype as fukk even though it was so fukking somber :wow:

Hit Em Up trying to safe his dad's business by going through his connections. We all knew Henry would've been a better agent than Paige :mjpls:

Liz is such an a$$hole, Henry came back after months and greeted him with a "hi" while smoking. Only when realizing she's doing a suicide mission did she remember she had a son.

Philth to the rescue...or maybe sabotage? :lupe: :damn:

Did Phil tell Oleg about Chicago?

I'm not sure. Like, how much could Phil figure out by just going to the safe house and seeing random shyt? He mostly saw Liz cover as the nurse for the negotiation guy's sick wife. There's no way he knows anything about Chicago besides Liz being there.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That ending had me hype as fukk even though it was so fukking somber :wow:

Hit Em Up trying to safe his dad's business by going through his connections. We all knew Henry would've been a better agent than Paige :mjpls:

Liz is such an a$$hole, Henry came back after months and greeted him with a "hi" while smoking. Only when realizing she's doing a suicide mission did she remember she had a son.

Philth to the rescue...or maybe sabotage? :lupe: :damn:

I'm not sure. Like, how much could Phil figure out by just going to the safe house and seeing random shyt? He mostly saw Liz cover as the nurse for the negotiation guy's sick wife. There's no way he knows anything about Chicago besides Liz being there.

Philth came out that booth like Clark Kent. My GOAT :wow:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I've been trying to figure out why this show is so slept on

If this was on Netflix I feel like this could have built up a following similar to Breaking Bad and had the world tuning into the final season. Not to that level but definitely more than it has at this point

The ratings for this show have always been low but I don't get this shyt :patrice:

e87c0edebb5afe378e4db6f03bac01e1.png

The Americans (2013 TV series) - Wikipedia

I'm from south america but The Americans doesn't seem to be the kind of show that would be a hit with US audiences

-Russians are the "good guys".
-A lot of subtitles in the first couple of seasons
-Way more of a character piece than spy games. Even though it has shootouts and sex, the show is about family and how fukking excruciating the spy life can be.
-It's very much a drama, there's very little fun on the show.
-Very few plot twists and fukkery. Show has very little shock value, and when it does have it, it takes a loooong time for it to happen.
-As others have pointed out, it's not a show that lends itself for binge watching.

Last two points are even a detriment for most casual audiences worldwide too.

I'm fine with the show being so low key. We got the story the show runners wanted to tell, that's the most we can ask as fans. The quality from this season has been outstanding too. Unless they completely fukk up the ending this is up there for me with shows like The Wire, Mad Men and Breaking Bad, I don't care if nobody else watched :banderas:

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I've been trying to figure out why this show is so slept on

If this was on Netflix I feel like this could have built up a following similar to Breaking Bad and had the world tuning into the final season. Not to that level but definitely more than it has at this point

The ratings for this show have always been low but I don't get this shyt :patrice:

I'm not sure why the easy answer isn't the answer here. This show isn't as good as it's small cult following likes to think it is. First 3 seasons were superb but the show has falling off something seriously IMO, the shyt just went on for to long. Individual performances have remain great but overall the show has been meh for some time.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
What an episode....

The raw, ugly way Liz and Phil practically spat those lines at each other in the opening scenes....

Phil's continued breakdown, he can hardly lie anymore, he was about to break up telling the Thanksgving Day lie

How uncomfortable watching Liz hound her daughters one time lover, until she found the perfect way in

The phone conversations between Liz and Henry, and Phillip and Liz

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What an episode....

The raw, ugly way Liz and Phil practically spat those lines at each other in the opening scenes....

Phil's continued breakdown, he can hardly lie anymore, he was about to break up telling the Thanksgving Day lie

How uncomfortable watching Liz hound her daughters one time lover, until she found the perfect way in

The phone conversations between Liz and Henry, and Phillip and Liz
Was that intern the same guy?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:salute: to Philthy for letting that skank liz know kimmy not only had that super wet but that she wont be going to any communist countries :blessed:

dammit Hit Em Up Henry out here blabbin about family stuff to randos :camby: put this nikka back on the bench where he belongs

Liz really was bout to give her son them cancer sticks :mjlol: i guess when you love killin nikkas more than your children you miss out on shyt like that

hopefully this L liz bout to catch in chicago is just the start :blessed:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm from south america but The Americans doesn't seem to be the kind of show that would be a hit with US audiences

-Russians are the "good guys".
-A lot of subtitles in the first couple of seasons
-Way more of a character piece than spy games. Even though it has shootouts and sex, the show is about family and how fukking excruciating the spy life can be.
-It's very much a drama, there's very little fun on the show.
-Very few plot twists and fukkery. Show has very little shock value, and when it does have it, it takes a loooong time for it to happen.
-As others have pointed out, it's not a show that lends itself for binge watching.

Last two points are even a detriment for most casual audiences worldwide too.

I'm fine with the show being so low key. We got the story the show runners wanted to tell, that's the most we can ask as fans. The quality from this season has been outstanding too. Unless they completely fukk up the ending this is up there for me with shows like The Wire, Mad Men and Breaking Bad, I don't care if nobody else watched :banderas:

As a family drama, it's the GOAT