Comicbook Movie trynna stop stan wars .. could this work here

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
My point is, maybe his threads got derailed because of his past posts? He might have a reputation as a type of poster. Therefore when he makes a thread shytting on Marvel comics it isn't just some innocent complaint you take at face value.

He wasn't shytting on Marvel comics though he was shytting on Marvel's handling of the X-men, which is quite frankly bullshyt. Furthermore that thread literally devolved about Marvel's and Fox's movies. Like I said I don't care about the Stan Wars, I just find it annoying when stans find some way to ruin good discussions.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
He wasn't shytting on Marvel comics though he was shytting on Marvel's handling of the X-men, which is quite frankly bullshyt. Furthermore that thread literally devolved about Marvel's and Fox's movies. Like I said I don't care about the Stan Wars, I just find it annoying when stans find some way to ruin good discussions.

lets not forget when marvel cancelled the fantastic four comic I believe because the movie stunk to the them ... total BS from MARVEL the company executives

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
He wasn't shytting on Marvel Comics but on the way they handled the X-Men?! I think that's shytting on an aspect of Marvel comics; i.e. their decision making. You just happened to agree.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think since we cant even agree on if a "stan" subforum idea is feasible then it wont work..
I started this thread because I thought it was an interesting concept/idea ... but we cant even agree on what is stanning and what isn't.. we have people stanning about if they are stanning .... guess that's why comicbookmovie just did it and didn't ask for viewer input..

Anyway.. let's keep the discussion going.. besides the flash season 3 thread I started I never had a thread go above 3 pages..

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
lets not forget when marvel cancelled the fantastic four comic I believe because the movie stunk to the them ... total BS from MARVEL the company executives

Honestly FF has not being selling well for a couple years, the same thing can't be said about the X-men though.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly FF has not being selling well for a couple years, the same thing can't be said about the X-men though.

true .. but they used the movie and rights and etc as leverage... if I remember correctly marvel almost got the rights back but fox rushed to production to prevent that ... and the fox exec and marvel exec don't get along..

we know th ecomics and movies are two totally different demographics

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
admitting a bias is perfectly ok .. I don't like apple ... don't own one and will not if I have my choice... Now if I say apple is no good because android is yadda ya .. then Im crossing over into the stan wars..

I have personal reasons (dating back to 96) why I don't like apple buts its a perfect company for a lot of people and im not gonna try to convince you otherwise because I don't like them. Hell there are things apple does I like but my personal issue out ways anything and I will not purposely buy an apple product unless there is no other alternative... (except for Pixar films)

edit: my reason is petty and 20 years later doesn't mean shyt... they made billions, I didn't ... I should really let it go...
You should let it go according to who? There is no authority on what is crossing the line when shytting on or comparing products. Least of all your fellow posters who have no stake in said company.
Why is a poster expressing a preference on a particular product and making fun of another competitor company's what are judged as failures the only way of 'derailing' threads? Threads go in hundreds of different directions for as many reasons. But THIS is the type of 'derailing' we cannot abide?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
true .. but they used the movie and rights and etc as leverage... if I remember correctly marvel almost got the rights back but fox rushed to production to prevent that ... and the fox exec and marvel exec don't get along

From a movie standpoint. Apparently the TV departments are cool with each other

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Exactly, but that shyt gets no complaints from the so-called people 'Oh I'm against stan wars now'.
Did any anti-Marvel gloating really happen in that thread though? I know I was more disappointed than anything else when it came out that Wright wouldn't be doing Ant-Man since I had been looking forward to that movie for years.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
For the record I'm not against stan wars, but it does get annoying.

Staying on Batman, it's damn near impossible to see which director people think would actually work well for that flick because the thread just got derailed completely.

I'm not saying ban people, but it's annoying as fukk.
That is really the only time I get bothered by it. The stanning stuff is pretty routine and can be acceptable but when it takes over a thread and any attempts at actual discussion get shyt on is when it has gone too far.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
He wasn't shytting on Marvel Comics but on the way they handled the X-Men?! I think that's shytting on an aspect of Marvel comics; i.e. their decision making. You just happened to agree.

Saying I don't like the way marvel is handling the X-men is not the same as omg marvel sucks, breh.

Did any anti-Marvel gloating really happen in that thread though? I know I was more disappointed than anything else when it came out that Wright wouldn't be doing Ant-Man since I had been looking forward to that movie for years.

No, that's why his argument about that thread is :beli: