Comicbook Movie trynna stop stan wars .. could this work here

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
There's no war there breh. :francis:
Breh really think there's a Stan war in Arcadium:deadmanny:
One of the problems is we live in a world where you are either one or the other ... this or that ... you cant be this AND that... you get harassed worst than if you picked one side and the other was stanning you..

if you love marvel .. DC heads flame you
if you love DC .. Marvel heads flame you
if you love both .. marvel and DC heads unite to flame you ...

SMH
This isn't true.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Truthfully I don't even care, but that shyt gets annoying when stans start their bullshyt in the few comic book threads we get here. @Ed MOTHEREFFING G thread about marvel bushing the X-Men pretty much devolved into a stan war when people who don't even read comics derailed the thread.

And the bugged out shyt was he wasn't even on some "DC rules" shyt. He's a comic book fan and had a legitimate issue with a comic book company that publishes books he reads on the reg and it just devolved because how dare he besmirch them.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
And the bugged out shyt was he wasn't even on some "DC rules" shyt. He's a comic book fan and had a legitimate issue with a comic book company that publishes books he reads on the reg and it just devolved because how dare he besmirch them.
If they don't own stock or aren't being paid to post then :huhldup:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

Exactly! It's like dudes couldn't comprehend Marvel and DC are comic book publishers.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Truthfully I don't even care, but that shyt gets annoying when stans start their bullshyt in the few comic book threads we get here. @Ed MOTHEREFFING G thread about marvel bushing the X-Men pretty much devolved into a stan war when people who don't even read comics derailed the thread.
You mean how @Ed MOTHEREFFING G derailed this thread when people were just offering honest opinions?
My predictions for the 7 comic book movies dropping next year (rankings over/underrated)

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
You mean how @Ed MOTHEREFFING G derailed this thread when people were just offering honest opinions?
My predictions for the 7 comic book movies dropping next year (rankings over/underrated)

OK, you found a thread where @Ed MOTHEREFFING G derailed a thread
not really because the discussion was still ongoing, where as the thread I was talking about completely devolved into fox vs marvel
but what does that have to do with anything I said? If @Ed MOTHERfukkING G is a DC movie fanboy and disrupts a thread that's bad on him :manny: I'm not seeing your point...

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell fukking nay! Are we on a fukking playground? Hell, can you even imagine some shyt like splitting up Sega and Nintendo fanboys on the playground back in the day? :mjlol:
We were kids then.

We can't have any discussion here about the films without it becoming pages and pages of back and forth stanning and it's usually the same ones.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*disclaimer - speaking from the prospective of being in the stands, and not actually in the stan 'war/game'*

i dont think there needs to be extra sub forms for dc/marvel...no need to separate shyt even more....and while it gets annoying to see/read at times, when i see where a thread is going, i either skip over those posts and/or just avoid the thread for awhile...

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
OK, you found a thread where @Ed MOTHEREFFING G derailed a thread
not really because the discussion was still ongoing, where as the thread I was talking about completely devolved into fox vs marvel
but what does that have to do with anything I said? If @Ed MOTHERfukkING G is a DC movie fanboy and disrupts a thread that's bad on him :manny: I'm not seeing your point...

My point is, maybe his threads got derailed because of his past posts? He might have a reputation as a type of poster. Therefore when he makes a thread shytting on Marvel comics it isn't just some innocent complaint you take at face value.

If you start a thread with "I AM A MARVEL STAN" and then talk about how hyped you are (PRE TRAILER) about characters you admittedly know nothing about, i have to call that shyt out

You didn't have to do anything actually, you chose to. Admitting a bias I think is better that pretending not to have one but then most of your comments obviously show one.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If you start a thread with "I AM A MARVEL STAN" and then talk about how hyped you are (PRE TRAILER) about characters you admittedly know nothing about, i have to call that shyt out

My point is, maybe his threads got derailed because of his past posts? He might have a reputation as a type of poster. Therefore when he makes a thread shytting on Marvel comics it isn't just some innocent complaint you take at face value.

You didn't have to do anything actually, you chose to. Admitting a bias I think is better that pretending not to have one but then most of your comments obviously show one.

admitting a bias is perfectly ok .. I don't like apple ... don't own one and will not if I have my choice... Now if I say apple is no good because android is yadda ya .. then Im crossing over into the stan wars..

I have personal reasons (dating back to 96) why I don't like apple buts its a perfect company for a lot of people and im not gonna try to convince you otherwise because I don't like them. Hell there are things apple does I like but my personal issue out ways anything and I will not purposely buy an apple product unless there is no other alternative... (except for Pixar films)

edit: my reason is petty and 20 years later doesn't mean shyt... they made billions, I didn't ... I should really let it go...

Last edited:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
naw stan wars are integral to the coli. whether it's nas and drake stans in the booth, dc and marvel here, Sony Microsoft in the arcadium, or piraw vs smackdown and tsc. shyt wouldn't be the same without.