Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
questlove
4 hours ago
Man. The smallest gesture can mean the world to you. Robin Williams made such an impact on me and didn't even know it. He named checked all of us in the elevator during the 2001 Grammys. I know y'all think I do this false modesty/T Swift "gee shucks" thing to the hilt. But yeah sometimes when you put 20 hour days in you do think it's for naught and that it goes thankless. Grammy time is somewhat of a dark time simply because you just walk around asking yourself is it worth it or not: all the sweat and blood. I just felt like (despite winning grammy the year before) no one really cares all that much for us except for a select few. Especially in that environment I'm which people treat you like minions until they discover what you can do for them...if you're not a strong character you run the risk of letting it get to you. This particular Sunday we were walking backstage and had to ride the elevator to the backstage area and we piled inside when suddenly this voice just said "questlove.....black thought....rahzel....the roots from Philadelphia!!!! That's right you walked on this elevator saying to yourself "ain't no way this old white dude knows my entire history and discography"....we laughed so hard. That NEVER happened to is before. Someone a legend acknowledged us and really knew who we were (his son put him on to us) man it was a small 2 min moment in real life but that meant the world to me at the time. Everytime I saw him afterwards he tried to top his trivia knowledge on all things Roots associated. Simply because he knew that meant everything to me. May his family find peace at this sad time. I will miss Robin Williams. #RIP.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Damnnnnnnn. I was just trying to make my 8 and 6 y/o god kids watch Jumanji Saturday. I was like

Y'all never seen Jumanji :gladbron:

They were like :leostare: We wanna watch Frozen.....again.

:what:

Damn then today I was gonna watch What Dreams May Come which is one of my favorite movies of all time and then I found out about this.

This is sad....he was really a great and genuinely funny actor.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:to:

Good Will Hunting is a top 3 favorite movie for me. He was so good and so unlike from the types of roles he typically played. His range was one of the best in Hollywood.

RIP

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Crazy, man. Just came back from GOTG and they showed the preview for the new NATM. Then they have him collapse in it. :damn:

My friend txt me during a film telling me about it. :to:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Finally watching the Rom-Com film "License to Wed" from '07 in his honor:
License_to_wed.jpg

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
R.I.P ...dude was a big part of my childhood

u know it comes in 3s....who are the next 2 celebs :lupe:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I remember watching Ms. Doubtfire like a dozen times as a kid. Had that shyt on VHS, used to crack me up. That and Home Alone were my shyt during winter vacation/rain-ins in elementary.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
When I mentioned his dramatic roles I forgot to include Awakenings with Robert DeNiro. Another great performance.

That scene where he shoves Williams down and Williams gets up, and grabs his glasses, and then walks out like he's going to cry. :wow: Out of all of the scenes in that movie, I remember that one the most.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Damn probably the first time I've shed a tear over the death of a white person...ever.

Dude was just funny as hell even when he wasn't trying to be. Good Will Hunting and Mrs. Doubtfire are GOAT movie performances

:to: