Comedian Robin Williams dead by suicide

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
How then does it work Dr.?

Well to be fair, the definition of clinical depression throughout psychology is that it is a chemical imbalance, that alters your ability to correctly rationalize your thoughts.

you described someone making the decision to be depressed, by thinking negatively about life... whereas any psychologist will tell you that a depressed and regular person have the same type of negative thoughts only a person free of depression will rationalize their fears and sadness more effectively...

if your gonna say depression is not a disease... cool... say it...

but it seems like your tip-toeing around that fact by comparing it to cancer from cigarette smoke... clear decisions a person made to be lead to an affliction

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I heard he had bipolar disorder that is why he was so zany. Like he couldn't sit still in interviews and shyt.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
why is this guys face on the front page of this website?

Why is Michael Browns face not on there?

Hard to get cacs to visit the site commemorating dead black kids. Put up a huge billboard for a coke out cac drunk n u get all those sympathy guests who can lurk and feel comfortable knowing that thecoli is a cac friendly organization

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
Well to be fair, the definition of clinical depression throughout psychology is that it is a chemical imbalance, that alters your ability to correctly rationalize your thoughts.

you described someone making the decision to be depressed, by thinking negatively about life... whereas any psychologist will tell you that a depressed and regular person have the same type of negative thoughts only a person free of depression will rationalize their fears and sadness more effectively...

if your gonna say depression is not a disease... cool... say it...

but it seems like your tip-toeing around that fact by comparing it to cancer from cigarette smoke... clear decisions a person made to be lead to an affliction

Your definition is just a hypothesis at this point. We have no concrete proof that a chemical imbalance is the definitive cause of "depression". The hypothesis is also very convenient because its easy to understand and serves as a basis to prescribe medication for something that can be more mental rather than physiological.

I will say my understanding on depression is somewhat limited, but fukk it, I'm human too, I go through shyt, I get depressed. I went for therapy a few years ago, and they would give me one of those forms with a checklist of experienced symptoms. I would always check enough of them to be considered depressed, but fukk that, I ain't "depressed". I may be going through some shyt I can't change, but I always know shyt is gonna get better even though it gets worse first.

The fact is everyone is built different, there are people out there who smoke well into their 70's and 80's and still got lungs of steel, while some people who never touch cigarettes, end up getting lung cancer. It's just the same way, there are some people out there, who are refugees and survive all manner of mental and emotional hardships, but still pull through, while some baby-shyt motherfukkers get dumped by a fukk buddy and decide to off themselves :dead:.

My own belief on the issue is that if you decide to speak negative thoughts to yourself and focus on all that's wrong with your life, your brain is definitely gonna end up like the image on the right. The negative shyt you think is analogous to the cigarette smoke you inhale.

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
How then does it work Dr.?

In the most simple way there is a chemical imbalance in your brain that you have absolutely no control over. You can be a completely rational person and know you're life is amazing in comparison to others but there's a lack of ability to stimulate your brain the way normal people do. It's like a cancer that can't be cured with positive thoughts. It's like asking someone to will their way through any other disease by smiling more.... Until you endure or take time to speak with someone who has clinical depression you won't understand but please refrain from making ignorant assumptions

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
Your definition is just a hypothesis at this point. We have no concrete proof that a chemical imbalance is the definitive cause of "depression". The hypothesis is also very convenient because its easy to understand and serves as a basis to prescribe medication for something that can be more mental rather than physiological.

I will say my understanding on depression is somewhat limited, but fukk it, I'm human too, I go through shyt, I get depressed. I went for therapy a few years ago, and they would give me one of those forms with a checklist of experienced symptoms. I would always check enough of them to be considered depressed, but fukk that, I ain't "depressed". I may be going through some shyt I can't change, but I always know shyt is gonna get better even though it gets worse first.

The fact is everyone is built different, there are people out there who smoke well into their 70's and 80's and still got lungs of steel, while some people who never touch cigarettes, end up getting lung cancer. It's just the same way, there are some people out there, who are refugees and survive all manner of mental and emotional hardships, but still pull through, while some baby-shyt motherfukkers get dumped by a fukk buddy and decide to off themselves :dead:.

My own belief on the issue is that if you decide to speak negative thoughts to yourself and focus on all that's wrong with your life, your brain is definitely gonna end up like the image on the right. The negative shyt you think is analogous to the cigarette smoke you inhale.

You should stop at your understanding is limited. You're using your own experiences and writing off explanations that are far better researched than your own assumptions. Just because you experience depression one way doesn't mean that's everyone else's. How do you know it's going to get better? Everything you're saying is non sense, being sad is different from being clinically depressed. Your own belief is a non informed opinion that you have solely based off your limited personal experiences and information.

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
You should stop at your understanding is limited. You're using your own experiences and writing off explanations that are far better researched than your own assumptions. Just because you experience depression one way doesn't mean that's everyone else's. How do you know it's going to get better? Everything you're saying is non sense, being sad is different from being clinically depressed. Your own belief is a non informed opinion that you have solely based off your limited personal experiences and information.

Who is writing off explanations? I'm just telling you, its a hypothesis. I hope you know what a hypothesis is . Also, If the chemical imbalance hypothesis is so ironclad, why don't all cases respond to the SSRi's and stimulants they pump people with?

I like how you conveniently ignored the part where I said from their checklists, I would be considered clinically depressed. The psychiatrist even prescribed me some shyt, which I knew was fukking me up more than helping. So fukk it, for the sake of argument, I am clinically depressed and I am telling you that we all have free will, we can choose not to dwell on the negative. But its obvious your mind is already made up on the idea we're robots with no free will, that have to be configured properly with the help of drugs in order to function.

Funny part is, whose other experiences am I meant to use? Are you in other peoples' heads experiencing what they're going through? You can only extrapolate from their accounts, and relate it to yours as a human being.

And you need to calm your dumb-ass down, you're getting mad just cuz I dont agree with you on something that's still subject to a lot of debate. Acting like some teen cac that gets cyber-bullied and slits her wrist after school.

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
Who is writing off explanations? I'm just telling you, its a hypothesis. I hope you know what a hypothesis is . Also, If the chemical imbalance hypothesis is so ironclad, why don't all cases respond to the SSRi's and stimulants they pump people with?

I like how you conveniently ignored the part where I said from their checklists, I would be considered clinically depressed. The psychiatrist even prescribed me some shyt, which I knew was fukking me up more than helping. So fukk it, for the sake of argument, I am clinically depressed and I am telling you that we all have free will, we can choose not to dwell on the negative. But its obvious your mind is already made up on the idea we're robots with no free will, that have to be configured properly with the help of drugs in order to function.

Funny part is, whose other experiences am I meant to use? Are you in other peoples' heads experiencing what they're going through? You can only extrapolate from their accounts, and relate it to yours as a human being.

And you need to calm your dumb-ass down, you're getting mad just cuz I dont agree with you on something that's still subject to a lot of debate. Acting like some teen cac that gets cyber-bullied and slits her wrist after school.

I'm a 25 year old black adult male, who's suffered from clinical depression my whole life. My whole family has, I have lost two uncles to suicide and I work with young adults with mental health issues. They aren't even close to understanding SSRI and I don't condone the use of them nearly as much as they use them. My problem with your argument is your just grouping all people together and saying its some sort of weakness and I'm telling you that's bullshyt. You've stated that you aren't familiar enough with depression and I'm asking you to stop speaking on it. Simple as that