Comedian Robin Williams dead by suicide

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
I'm a 25 year old black adult male, who's suffered from clinical depression my whole life. My whole family has, I have lost two uncles to suicide and I work with young adults with mental health issues. They aren't even close to understanding SSRI and I don't condone the use of them nearly as much as they use them. My problem with your argument is your just grouping all people together and saying its some sort of weakness and I'm telling you that's bullshyt. You've stated that you aren't familiar enough with depression and I'm asking you to stop speaking on it. Simple as that

Sorry for your losses. So what do you recommend them using?

I'm not lumping anything together, you're just jumping to conclusions about my position. I believe in the physiological component playing a crucial role, in that some people could be predisposed to depression due to.....ahem....chemical imbalances(which is yet to concluded), however I also believe that conscious mental activities are more crucial in preventing full-blown depressive episodes like this. Its like been predisposed to diabetes, drinking soda all the time, and then acting like you drinking soda didn't to contribute your disease.

Hey, you and I are both living humans, and were both diagnosed with depression. I think we have the same qualifications to speak on it. You chose to identify with it, I didn't. Just because I dont subscribe to your views, doesn't make mine invalid until proven so with convincing evidence. Everyone's situation is different, shyt is grimey out there for alot of us. If I was in some suicide victim's shoes, I could have offed myself by now, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna bullshyt and say I had no hand in the matter, couldn't change the outcome, like I'm on autopilot or some shyt.

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
a bizarre coincidence, a Family Guy episode featuring Robin Williams which included a failed suicide attempt aired minutes before the announcement of the actor's death..

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Yep...this is very viable...people that obtain mass amounts of success too early literally lose hope and go fukkin nuts....having nothing to work towards, been around the world and back 80 times over, already fukked all the hoes youd want....probably felt really empty...

R.i.p da gawd robin williams
Pretentious ass post

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
Sorry for your losses. So what do you recommend them using?

I'm not lumping anything together, you're just jumping to conclusions about my position. I believe in the physiological component playing a crucial role, in that some people could be predisposed to depression due to.....ahem....chemical imbalances(which is yet to concluded), however I also believe that conscious mental activities are more crucial in preventing full-blown depressive episodes like this. Its like been predisposed to diabetes, drinking soda all the time, and then acting like you drinking soda didn't to contribute your disease.

Hey, you and I are both living humans, and were both diagnosed with depression. I think we have the same qualifications to speak on it. You chose to identify with it, I didn't. Just because I dont subscribe to your views, doesn't make mine invalid until proven so with convincing evidence. Everyone's situation is different, shyt is grimey out there for alot of us. If I was in some suicide victim's shoes, I could have offed myself by now, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna bullshyt and say I had no hand in the matter, couldn't change the outcome, like I'm on autopilot or some shyt.

Fair enough, I might of overreacted it's just an important matter, I'm honestly glad you could overcome your depression with positive thinking. I've tried so many ssrs and most of them didn't help much and the ones that did had some bad side effects, eventually I found hiking and outdoors helped me but I'll never be 100 percent okay and I still have break downs. Your experience isn't everyone's though and some of the strongest people get defeated by depression and when someone with depression sees a comment like hey you have a good job and family youre a p*ssy... That can cause them a lot of damage and it did for me , so your comments upset me. I had a high GPA went to one of the best universities in the country and was a successful athlete, yet there was days i couldn't get out of bed. There's a physical aspect to it that hit me worse than my diabetes. We have made gigantic strides understanding the chemical aspects thought and just because we don't fully understand it, does not mean we should write them off. This is especially big problem in black communities how we handle it.

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
Fair enough, I might of overreacted it's just an important matter, I'm honestly glad you could overcome your depression with positive thinking. I've tried so many ssrs and most of them didn't help much and the ones that did had some bad side effects, eventually I found hiking and outdoors helped me but I'll never be 100 percent okay and I still have break downs. Your experience isn't everyone's though and some of the strongest people get defeated by depression and when someone with depression sees a comment like hey you have a good job and family youre a p*ssy... That can cause them a lot of damage and it did for me , so your comments upset me. I had a high GPA went to one of the best universities in the country and was a successful athlete, yet there was days i couldn't get out of bed. There's a physical aspect to it that hit me worse than my diabetes. We have made gigantic strides understanding the chemical aspects thought and just because we don't fully understand it, does not mean we should write them off. This is especially big problem in black communities how we handle it.

:whoa: I didn't overcome it just like that. To be honest, a change of environment and lessening of responsibilities probably did the trick. Also I learnt to stop giving as much of a fukk. shyt isn't really as crucial as we make it out to seem. That's why I also think there are thought patterns that make this happen. Over time they can become habitual, and compound the negative effects. I feel therapy can be greatly beneficial in this area because it can unearth some of these thought patterns, and becoming aware of them is pretty much the whole battle. If you're really bout it bout it, you can check this vid and some of his other stuff by this dude, specifically the awareness series.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
"I slid fo' seats down, she sittin' there, smilin'.
Lookin' like she from an island, not them chicks that be out wilin'.
Told me that her name wuz Cindy
Favorite show Mork and Mindy..." - Sheek Louch, 'B*tches from Eastwick'

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Apparently he killed himself the way D'angelo from the wire was killed. A belt around the neck, and then attached himself to a doorknob.:lupe:

King Poetic

Grandfather of….
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Sea
A family friend, who reportedly spoke with Williams recently, told the website the 63-year-old "Good Morning Vietnam" actor was upset he had to work so much insure his family's financial security, especially after two pricey divorces.

"All he could talk about (was) serious money troubles," the friend reportedly said. "There were clearly other issues going on and Robin sounded distant during the telephone conversation."

Marin County authorities will hold an 11 a.m. news conference. CBS News reports it heard a Marin County fire scanner audio in which an operator describes what happened in Williams' Tiburon home as an "apparent suicide attempt by hanging."
TMZ reports Williams didn't leave a suicide note.

Williams was also reportedly upset over doing a "Mrs. Doubtfire" sequel, which was supposed to begin filming later this year, the friend told RadarOnline.

"There was also frustration that Robin expressed at having to take television and movie roles he didn't want to take, but had to for the paycheck," the source said. "Doing sequels was never Robin's thing, and he wasn't that excited at having to reprise the role of Mrs. Doubtfire."

MARRIAGE .. DUDE PROBABLY WAS STILL HANDING OUT OVER 6 FIGURES A YEAR

cosby-facepalm.gif

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
A family friend, who reportedly spoke with Williams recently, told the website the 63-year-old "Good Morning Vietnam" actor was upset he had to work so much insure his family's financial security, especially after two pricey divorces.

"All he could talk about (was) serious money troubles," the friend reportedly said. "There were clearly other issues going on and Robin sounded distant during the telephone conversation."

Marin County authorities will hold an 11 a.m. news conference. CBS News reports it heard a Marin County fire scanner audio in which an operator describes what happened in Williams' Tiburon home as an "apparent suicide attempt by hanging."
TMZ reports Williams didn't leave a suicide note.

Williams was also reportedly upset over doing a "Mrs. Doubtfire" sequel, which was supposed to begin filming later this year, the friend told RadarOnline.

"There was also frustration that Robin expressed at having to take television and movie roles he didn't want to take, but had to for the paycheck," the source said. "Doing sequels was never Robin's thing, and he wasn't that excited at having to reprise the role of Mrs. Doubtfire."

MARRIAGE .. DUDE PROBABLY WAS STILL HANDING OUT OVER 6 FIGURES A YEAR

cosby-facepalm.gif
Get married brehs.

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
After reading the negative things hes done in the past, I wont forget the joy the "characters" he portrayed on screen brought to me as a child.

I know he did some ignorant shyt but that's not how I remember him; I remember him as the guy from Jumanji(I was in Kindergarten when we had the book read to us, before the fukking movie came out) Peter Pan, Pompey, Aladdin, Mrs Doubtfire, and so on, and son.

Im not defending his off screen antics; I just want to remember the joy he brought to me through cinema.