Comcast may roll out data caps for all customers within 5 yrs, thinks cord-cutters should pay more

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
seems fair too me. Why should I have to pay the same as these torrent pirates and Streaming hogs.

I use the internet for reading and maybe watch a youtube clip. I don't really watch TV, watch internet movies or play game online. I think these Lazy internet goons should pay for their vice honestly.

Shut up bytch.

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
Shouldn't they be tho?

To be clear, I don't support Comcast, fukk them. Nor do I believe that making heavy users pay more will cause a trickle down in savings to more moderate users. I'm just saying, if we were to come up with a truly fair payment structure, wouldn't that involve people who use more paying for that privilege?

No, because using more doesn't make others use less. They act like their shyt is maxed out but it's not. "Power users" aren't slowing shyt down for anyone else. It's just another attempt to maximize profit without consideration for being reasonable.

Daps
:patrice:

Everybody has the internet, why should I get punished because someone else doesn't know how to get their content the way that I do? :huh:

Everybody has electricity too. Currently there's different rates for commercial customers, residential customers, municipal customers and they depend on how much you use and when you use it. That makes sense, cuz that commercial customer that's using more energy in a month than you use in 10 years is driving up the cost of delivering electricity to the grid. If we went to a flat rate for all customers, your electric rate would SKYROCKET as you paid to buy and maintain the infrastructure needed to deliver all that electricity to those heavy use commercial customers.

Cable is in the reverse situation. Cable is currently in this "flat rate" territory. Although there different rates for commercial and residential customers, there is no bandwidth rate (just tiers). Going from that to a pay what you use would only grease the cable companies pockets (I agree) unless it's regulated.

Daps
No, because using more doesn't make others use less. They act like their shyt is maxed out but it's not. "Power users" aren't slowing shyt down for anyone else. It's just another attempt to maximize profit without consideration for being reasonable.

It's not about making others use less or slowing things down for others. Power uses demand more bandwidth and the infrastructure to support that, they should pay for that.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Everybody has electricity too. Currently there's different rates for commercial customers, residential customers, municipal customers and they depend on how much you use and when you use it. That makes sense, cuz that commercial customer that's using more energy in a month than you use in 10 years is driving up the cost of delivering electricity to the grid. If we went to a flat rate for all customers, your electric rate would SKYROCKET as you paid to buy and maintain the infrastructure needed to deliver all that electricity to those heavy use commercial customers.

Cable is in the reverse situation. Cable is currently in this "flat rate" territory. Although there different rates for commercial and residential customers, there is no bandwidth rate (just tiers). Going from that to a pay what you use would only grease the cable companies pockets (I agree) unless it's regulated.
This shyt is unfair IMO because we all know that these cable packages are ridiculously overpriced. I wouldn't be cutting the cord if these companies didn't absolutely try and rape me for a decent cable package. That's why I'm the way I am to begin with.

And I know there are way more people who aren't doing all the alternative shyt that I'm doing to get my content, so I know they're eating off of plenty of people that don't even use anything close to what these projected caps will be.

Daps
The infrastructure is in place... unless they're increasing speeds I see no need for paying more.

Infrastructure needs to be maintained and upgraded and expanded.

Like I said, I don't support Comcast here, cuz I'm not disillusioned into think any savings would be passed to moderate/light users. Just saying that if it were regulated and they
were forced to restructure their rates in such a way that power users use more, that would be most equitable.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Shut up bytch.

It's only right and just. you use more, you should pay.

I mean 30 bucks a month and you stay downloading 100s or maybe 1000's of movies and songs. movies are 10 bucks and songs are 1 each. Think about how much economic profit these internet bootleggers raking in. thousands of dollars in savings, and millions of Musicians and low Level movie industry employees lose their lively hoods and lose their fukking jobs because some internet a$$hole thinks it's "only right" that he gets free and unlimited access to a product that took the hard work of thousands to create.

fukk that shyt. it needs to end.

Daps
This shyt is unfair IMO because we all know that these cable packages are ridiculously overpriced. I wouldn't be cutting the cord if these companies didn't absolutely try and rape me for a decent cable package. That's why I'm the way I am to begin with.

And I know there are way more people who aren't doing all the alternative shyt that I'm doing to get my content, so I know they're eating off of plenty of people that don't even use anything close to what these projected caps will be.

The tv providers are the internet providers :bryan:

They're gonna get theirs. :steviej:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

I mean 30 bucks a month and you stay downloading 100s or maybe 1000's of movies and songs. movies are 10 bucks and songs are 1 each. Think about how much economic profit these internet bootleggers raking in. thousands of dollars in savings, and millions of Musicians and low Level movie industry employees lose their lively hoods and lose their fukking jobs because some internet @sshole thinks it's "only right" that he gets free and unlimited access to a product that took the hard work of thousands to create.

Always-Right Liggins said:
Shut up bytch

Daps

I mean 30 bucks a month and you stay downloading 100s or maybe 1000's of movies and songs. movies are 10 bucks and songs are 1 each. Think about how much economic profit these internet bootleggers raking in. thousands of dollars in savings, and millions of Musicians and low Level movie industry employees lose their lively hoods and lose their fukking jobs because some internet @sshole thinks it's "only right" that he gets free and unlimited access to a product that took the hard work of thousands to create.

You wanna talk about all that free exposure these low level artists and musicians get, or nah? :sas1:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Not sure why I thought nikkas could actually discuss a topic on here. My bad, brehs. :snoop:
We've had this discussion before on here. Sorry if I don't feel like rehashing the same arguments 20 times a year for all eternity like some of the nikkas here. Comcast are fukking demons hiding in plain sight. That's all that needs to be said. They're only interested in changing the business model when it comes to increasing their fukkin profit, and not when it concerns customer interest. They can eat a dikk