Comcast may roll out data caps for all customers within 5 yrs, thinks cord-cutters should pay more

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
You wanna talk about all that free exposure these low level artists and musicians get, or nah? :sas1:

Free exposure and making no goddamn money. Get the fukk outta here with that non-sense. Miles davis became rich almost overnight by selling 500 thousand copies of Birth of Cool.

Mobb Deep sold .5 million copies of the infamous with almost no radio play. That shyt would never happen in today's age.

I know an artist that makes about 900 a month from his music. Not really his music because it's trash. He sells band merchandise. He has to hustle day and night just to get that measly 900 dollars.

I know another really famous underground rap artist personally. He even recorded songs at my studio. I was surprised to find that he had a fukked-up blue collar job, and was basically struggling.

Daps
Free exposure and making no goddamn money. Get the fukk outta here with that non-sense. Miles davis became rich almost overnight by selling 500 thousand copies of Birth of Cool.

Mobb Deep sold .5 million copies of the infamous with almost no radio play. That shyt would never happen in today's age.

I know an artist that makes about 900 a month from his music. Not really his music because it's trash. He sells band merchandise. He has to hustle day and night just to get that measly 900 dollars.

I know another really famous underground rap artist personally. He even recorded songs at my studio. I was surprised to find that he had a fukked-up blue collar job, and was basically struggling.

It's hurt some, it's helped others. If you haven't adjusted your hustle to compete in the modern age, that's a personal problem.

It's easier now for an indie artist to make it big than it was before the internet, especially in hip hop which has such a low barrier to entry.

Daps
Truly :demonic: company
I do agree cord cutters who use a ton of bandwidth each month should pay more.
But on the flip side that people that dont stream much should pay less

:manny:

This reminds me of AT&T and VZW who like to pat themselves on the back for making the switch to pay-for-data plans and keeping most user's bills the same. But wait, if it was the heavy users driving up the cost for everybody, why didn't the the moderate/light users see reductions?

Cause y'all pocketed that :beli:

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
It's hurt some, it's helped others. If you haven't adjusted your hustle to compete in the modern age, that's a personal problem.

It's easier now for an indie artist to make it big than it was before the internet, especially in hip hop which has such a low barrier to entry.

I really doubt that. It's very hard to make money from music sales.

In old days, the labels took on more risk and a more diverse portfolio or artists because there was more money from music sales back then. Indie artists could make a living by staying indie. Indie labels could support their organizations with record sales. That is impossible today.

No Artist is going to make any money without first generating a buzz on youtube and then touring for a year non-stop. The days of creating a great sounding album and caking off that are over. Overall, that makes life really hard for artists and I doubt that 90% of them even come close to making the same amount of money that I do as humble accountant.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It's only right and just. you use more, you should pay.

I mean 30 bucks a month and you stay downloading 100s or maybe 1000's of movies and songs. movies are 10 bucks and songs are 1 each. Think about how much economic profit these internet bootleggers raking in. thousands of dollars in savings, and millions of Musicians and low Level movie industry employees lose their lively hoods and lose their fukking jobs because some internet @sshole thinks it's "only right" that he gets free and unlimited access to a product that took the hard work of thousands to create.

fukk that shyt. it needs to end.
:what: What the hell are you talking about? Comcast deciding to charge by usage has jack shyt to do with piracy.
You are stupid as fukk.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I mean, of course I'm going to use more data if I don't have a TV package.

Comcast you don't make enough money off of all these people out here with 3-4 cable boxes, additional fees for HD and the monthly fee that you charge them? They have that convenience though, it shouldn't cost more to use alternative measures to view content. I'm failing to understand why people will get punished for trying to save money.

:dead:

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
:what: What the hell are you talking about? Comcast deciding to charge by usage has jack shyt to do with piracy.
You are stupid as fukk.

Internet Bootleggers and streamers are one in the same to me. Same as couch potatoes, Weed smokers and alcoholics.

People need to pay appropriately for their Vice lifestyles.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

And are we supposed to feel bad for these people?

"Aw, poor musician can't support himself with his music anymore..." is that how you want us to feel?

Welcome to the real world where not everyone is financially rewarded for their hobby and passion.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
What if people are streaming paid services though?

:wtf:

I remember my first apartment. it was an old Victorian mansion that was sectioned off. The owner paid the Electric bill, and because the ulility company supplied the whole house. The owner couldn't single out anyone who using the most electricity.

I ran the AC on full blast all freaking day. I mean I never once turned it off. I had a MPC2000xl, a MOTIF 8, a Computer and various equipment turned-on, and sometimes I wouldn't turn them off when I left for school or work. I would always have a bunch of lights on and I didn't care.

I never had to pay for my usage, and the owner couldn't figure out who doing it. I would do a lot of things just because I felt like doing it, and I thought the owner was stupid for footing the bill. My roommate argued with me by saying that I was hurting the environment. I told her basically..., Fukk her and fukk the environment.

Point is. a Flat fee is a stupid business model especially in a market where there are people who stream movies or DL 100s of Bootlegs a month.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
And are we supposed to feel bad for these people?

"Aw, poor musician can't support himself with his music anymore..." is that how you want us to feel?

Welcome to the real world where not everyone is financially rewarded for their hobby and passion.

Why should they provide music to you then? if they aren't getting paid? For fukking community service?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Why should they provide music to you then? if they aren't getting paid? For fukking community service?
No one asked them to "provide" us with music. There are a lot of talented people out there right now who are passionate about what they do only they don't expect to make a buck from it.

Unfortunately technology has made it so that the sale of music isn't as profitable. That's not our problem. When firearms started to become more mainstream way back when do you think people felt bad for the swordsmiths? Their services were no longer profitable, point blank. It happens.