College degree/career people: Can you date someone who doesn't have the same credentials?

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do they have to have a Bach Degree? Career in their field of study?

What if they went to college but then just worked a regular job like a Walmart manager or bank teller?

Do you care?

I ask because my girl's sister said she can't fukk with niccas without careers or goals. And then I watched Blue Valentine and that is basically the dynamic. Ryan Gosling was happy with a regular job as long as he had his wife and daughter. The bytch, an RN, wanted more out of him and wanted him to pursue a career and shyt.

So...how do yall feel :lupe:

anybody in this situation now? :lupe:

Blue Valentine was different tho because she knew how he was but stayed with him because she got pregnant and he was a simp that saved her. She would not have stayed with him long-term if that wasn't the situation.

Anyway, I can't date a guy that's like a cashier or something that required little to no effort to do. If you're doing a job that a teenager can get then you obviously have no ambition and I would not be attracted to that. He doesn't necessarily have to have a degree but at least a trade or something that shows he wants to live a decent life and not live paycheck to paycheck.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Yep. Not everyone can afford to pay for college (shyt, college is not for everyone), and earning a trade is actually better for some people in the long run. Someone I know learned a trade, then parlayed that trade into owning their own business.

As long as the person is stable and able to provide for them and theirs (legally :usure: ), it's all gravity to me. Different paths to the same goal, pretty much.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
On first glance, I'd say she'd have to be at least college educated. Bachelor's at least. But a college degree doesn't mean you're educated, so as long as she's intelligent/is able to take care of herself, regardless of how much school she finished, we good.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On first glance, I'd say she'd have to be at least college educated. Bachelor's at least. But a college degree doesn't mean you're educated, so as long as she's intelligent/is able to take care of herself, regardless of how much school she finished, we good.

actually a college education does mean you are educated, but it doesnt mean you are smart or intelligent. For example Bill Gates dropped out of college, so he really isnt educated but he is smart and intelligent, there is a different between the 2. I always have to remind people that just because someone has a degree doesnt meant they have any sort of intelligence it just means him or her is educated

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
If people could get great jobs without all of this education people wouldn't care what kind of degree u had. People say oh I want someone smart and educated when mostly they want someone who has the potential to make great money. School isn't for everyone. I'm in school working towards being a RN I could be with someone who has a trade such as a welder. I'm mostly concerned with can you have a job that allows us to live fine,

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
If they had that precious masters and was in a field that wasn't lucrative/crippled with debt, I'd take the DWP worker all day long - they have great benies, we'd be an unstoppable force.:takedat:

So, although I want Mr. Masters, Mr. Blue Collar/HS diploma/certified trade can come and rawk my world - especially with his bushy beard:ahh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol no. I've tried. It never works out. I need to date confident men who are smarter and more accomplished than me. they're the only types that can handle me.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
No
15guqeb.jpg

J/k I can. As long as you have a legit job and can take care of yourself, you're good.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hmm, why not? As long as she's "intelligent" and doing for herself, I couldn't care less about her credentials.

I'm starting graduate courses later this month, so once I get my master's, I'd only be unnecessarily narrowing my list of women I'd date if I were only considering women with at least a master's.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I'm really driven and opinionated. Probably overly so. I need to be put in check sometimes.

Well that is interesting. What if his degree were in something really highly specific. Would you still take him as seriously?

Does the phrase college educated automatically imply that this person must be smarter than the average, to you specifically?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well that is interesting. What if his degree were in something really highly specific. Would you still take him as seriously?

Does the phrase college educated automatically imply that this person must be smarter than the average, to you specifically?
I don't know. It probably depends on the person. But no, I don't think going to college makes you smart.