College degree/career people: Can you date someone who doesn't have the same credentials?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Do they have to have a Bach Degree? Career in their field of study?

What if they went to college but then just worked a regular job like a Walmart manager or bank teller?

Do you care?

I ask because my girl's sister said she can't fukk with niccas without careers or goals. And then I watched Blue Valentine and that is basically the dynamic. Ryan Gosling was happy with a regular job as long as he had his wife and daughter. The bytch, an RN, wanted more out of him and wanted him to pursue a career and shyt.

So...how do yall feel :lupe:

anybody in this situation now? :lupe:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
No. I need somebody that I can easily relate to. It's really, really unlikely that I can really bond with someone that isn't educated. Now before I get 1000 responses insisting to me that people can be smart without education and people with education can be dumb, I'd like to let you know that I'm fully aware of this. It's also the case that people that are smart tend to educate themselves. On top of that, educational settings are a prime place to meet new people and share ideas with one another. Why would I rob myself of the opportunity of being with someone who values those ideas?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yeah i could

hell in my family my mom is a nurse, and my dad dropped out in the 6th grade, yet he learned a trade welding

go to your local starbucks im sure the person filling up your coffee has a masters in sociology or something, then go ride the bus and that bus driver is making like 60k a year with a hs diploma.

ANd walmart managers make like 60-90k, and nothing is wrong with a bank teller,

Will2x

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For guys no, girls probably. Keep it real y'all would wife a Megan Goode lookin brawd working at McDonald's in a heart beat.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a college degree, I would ideally like my woman to atleast have an associate degree

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Do they have to have a Bach Degree? Career in their field of study?

What if they went to college but then just worked a regular job like a Walmart manager or bank teller?

Do you care?

I ask because my girl's sister said she can't fukk with niccas without careers or goals. And then I watched Blue Valentine and that is basically the dynamic. Ryan Gosling was happy with a regular job as long as he had his wife and daughter. The bytch, an RN, wanted more out of him and wanted him to pursue a career and shyt.

So...how do yall feel :lupe:

anybody in this situation now? :lupe:

she wasnt even a rn
it wasnt even his daughter

some people are content with a job that allows them to pay the bills, and can travel once a year, and save a little bit. why judge them for that?

I'm 28 and after being in two car accidents and medical scares that almost took my life, i'm content. I may not be making 6 figures like these it nikkas on teh coli, but my job is laid back, i get off early on friday. I get 4 weeks vacation I can travel, my goals are just to enjoy life and be stress free, if some chick wants to look down at me because my salary doesn't have 5 zeros and i'm happy with my stressless job then :manny:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I have a college degree, I would ideally like my woman to atleast have an associate degree

college isnt for everyone, hell you dont need a associates, or a college degree to be a bus driver that pays great, you can go to trade school for many other jobs that pay great , hell you dont need anything for construction dont even gotta speak english same with landscaping yet work hard and make great money, nikkas have been brainwashed into 100k student loans and a degree like they accomplished themselves, looking down at others who took a different route. I used to be like that at one point.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
college isnt for everyone, hell you dont need a associates, or a college degree to be a bus driver that pays great, you can go to trade school for many other jobs that pay great , hell you dont need anything for construction dont even gotta speak english same with landscaping yet work hard and make great money, nikkas have been brainwashed into 100k student loans and a degree like they accomplished themselves, looking down at others who took a different route. I used to be like that at one point.

who said anything about looking down at someone for not having a degree its called a preference the same way a man might want his woman to have a big ass or nice legs or breast. Secondly I said ideally, no where in my thread did I say I would never date a woman that didnt have a degree, I just said ideally I want my woman to atleast have an associates, simple as that.

Oh by the way I got my bachelors without taking out any loans and will do the same for grad school

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
you niccas are full of shyt... the only thing that really matters when it comes to who an average nicca will date is how attractive they are... after that its all a matter of tolerance... i could much more easily tolerate a stupid chick who is laid back and has a good heart over a really smart educated chick who is cold and elitist... thats from experience.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you niccas are full of shyt... the only thing that really matters when it comes to who an average nicca will date is how attractive they are... after that its all a matter of tolerance... i could much more easily tolerate a stupid chick who is laid back and has a good heart over a really smart educated chick who is cold and elitist... thats from experience.

once again its all personal preference, everyone is not the same, and there is a middle ground ground, I dated a woman who was a lawyer, Her parents were lawyers, people would think she was the most uptight and cold person, until they met and talked with her and realized she was so down to earth. Now her sister on the other hand was that cold chick that had the elitiest attitude