CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Sat down and watched the first episode. Really solid, production values have increased from the last series, other than a few issues like the promotion scene looking choppy, some audio issues and a few swaying cameras.

Happy to see the returning cast, my boy Jose out here stealing the show :ehh:

I'll be watching the rest tomorrow since it's late

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
New Review Of Episodes 1-4!

Black On Both Sides Digital Series Review
Date: November 4, 2019Author: Vontress Ortega

img_8769.jpg

img_8803.jpg

Hawes doesn’t disappoint ! Digital series has proven to provoke thoughts on real life and the struggle with black identity! -Vontress Renae’
Watching Black On Both Sides has led me to question myself. Are there things that I do on a day to day basis that conflict with who I AM and with who “they” ( meaning the world) wants me to be? Lets start with Chapter 1, “The Spook Who Sat by the Door”. It brought to your attention the distinct diversity of characters and the roles that they play on a day to day in perspective to Alonge Hawes’ character Anansi.

Alonge Hawes has proven to be multifaceted. Being the Creator, Writer, and Director he has given us insight into every aspect of the series. Throughout the series he sheds light on serious subject matters based upon the mask his character must put on in order to jump the hierarchy ladder at his company, Legacy Wireless. He speaks ” white” or with proper grammar in order to gain favor. He goes above and beyond and his ability to change his speech and demonstrate the levels in his tone to match his white counterparts was amazing. Anansi even allows a small moment of self -shame in order to continue to give his boss the feeling of superiority over him.

I was intrigued by the level of thought that the series provoked. I questioned myself; “Am I too struggling with my identity? Do I portray myself in a light more appealing to my own white counterparts and this is the reason I have climbed the hierarchy ladder in my own life?”

But why is this? Why must we conform to a side of us that is in fact NOT us? All of the characters showed great strength in their roles. Struggling with bills, difficulties in co-parenting and even finding themselves in life or death situations with people of questionable character.

I believe that Anansi showed us that conforming to something that we are not has its ups and downs. Yes, a promotion is fine and dandy but not when those who are like “US” feel we have conformed or become a “sell out” or when it leads us to question who we really are at the end of the day.

I genuinely enjoyed episodes 1 through 4 of the series and I felt a genuine connection to the characters and their life situations. The only issues I noticed was the placement of the characters at times blocking one another faces during dialogue and one scene that had a problem with audio.

@Illeye buckmatic @True Blue Moon @IllmaticDelta @Milk N Cookies @Easy-E @Esco @KevCo @Soundbwoy @Soymuscle Mike @Danie84 @Rekkapryde @HipHopStan @Matt504 @-DMP- @LinusCaldwell @Knights89 @UserNameless @Young Bishop @spliz @NormanConnors

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
New Review Of Episodes 1-4!

Black On Both Sides Digital Series Review
Date: November 4, 2019Author: Vontress Ortega

img_8769.jpg

img_8803.jpg

Hawes doesn’t disappoint ! Digital series has proven to provoke thoughts on real life and the struggle with black identity! -Vontress Renae’
Watching Black On Both Sides has led me to question myself. Are there things that I do on a day to day basis that conflict with who I AM and with who “they” ( meaning the world) wants me to be? Lets start with Chapter 1, “The Spook Who Sat by the Door”. It brought to your attention the distinct diversity of characters and the roles that they play on a day to day in perspective to Alonge Hawes’ character Anansi.

Alonge Hawes has proven to be multifaceted. Being the Creator, Writer, and Director he has given us insight into every aspect of the series. Throughout the series he sheds light on serious subject matters based upon the mask his character must put on in order to jump the hierarchy ladder at his company, Legacy Wireless. He speaks ” white” or with proper grammar in order to gain favor. He goes above and beyond and his ability to change his speech and demonstrate the levels in his tone to match his white counterparts was amazing. Anansi even allows a small moment of self -shame in order to continue to give his boss the feeling of superiority over him.

I was intrigued by the level of thought that the series provoked. I questioned myself; “Am I too struggling with my identity? Do I portray myself in a light more appealing to my own white counterparts and this is the reason I have climbed the hierarchy ladder in my own life?”

But why is this? Why must we conform to a side of us that is in fact NOT us? All of the characters showed great strength in their roles. Struggling with bills, difficulties in co-parenting and even finding themselves in life or death situations with people of questionable character.

I believe that Anansi showed us that conforming to something that we are not has its ups and downs. Yes, a promotion is fine and dandy but not when those who are like “US” feel we have conformed or become a “sell out” or when it leads us to question who we really are at the end of the day.

I genuinely enjoyed episodes 1 through 4 of the series and I felt a genuine connection to the characters and their life situations. The only issues I noticed was the placement of the characters at times blocking one another faces during dialogue and one scene that had a problem with audio.

@Illeye buckmatic @True Blue Moon @IllmaticDelta @Milk N Cookies @Easy-E @Esco @KevCo @Soundbwoy @Soymuscle Mike @Danie84 @Rekkapryde @HipHopStan @Matt504 @-DMP- @LinusCaldwell @Knights89 @UserNameless @Young Bishop @spliz @NormanConnors

:banderas::lawd::salute:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
New Review!

LOOK WHO’S NEXT: Black on Both Sides
by Philip Hernandez | Drama, Web Series

BOBS.png

After two successful seasons of his web series Blue Collar Hustle, creator/writer/executive producer Alonge Hawes decided to create a new project that’s sure to excite viewers. Released exclusively through Seeka.TV, Black on Both Sides is Alonge’s newest web series that follows “29-year-old Anansi Moor who, through mastering the art of “Code-Switching”, has successfully ingratiated himself into the upper echelon of his retail-based job at Legacy Wireless. Through careful study, preparation, and demeanor, Anansi is ostensibly White America’s perfect example of post racial America. Intelligent, witty, well spoken, and just black enough to fill a diversity quota without seeming threatening; Yet behind his carefully curated song and dance lies a motivation that dictates his every move in a game that grows ever more dangerous as the quest for justice, equality, and freedom become the chess moves that will either free the caged bird….or scorch its wings.”

Alonge stars in this new web series alongside Quentin Williams, Howard Woodburn, Roberto Cruz, Shani Hawes, Lasada Lloyd, Devan Dmarcus, Julian Robinson, Kiara Woods, and Scott Piehler. Shani & Roberto also serve as producers alongside Jamal Mcclendon, Rodderick Fedd, and George Reese. Black on Both Sides recently premiered on and it’s truly something special.

When I first heard about Black on Both Sides, I was pretty skeptical about whether or not it would be as good as Blue Collar Hustle. Rightfully, I was wrong—it’s amazing. Both Blue Collar Hustle and Black on Both Sides are essentially different web series and fans should expect that going into the latter project. I had the pleasure of watching the first four episodes and I am excited to see what happens next for Anansi! For those who have not watched, you’re in for a treat with how great Anansi is. I view him as a smooth talker who puts 110% of himself into persevering himself. However, this is the same quality that could work out very BAD for him. All in all, the web series is great and will keep you interested to see what happens next for Anansi & the rest of the characters.

Check out Black on Both Sides via Seeka.TV by clicking HERE and FOLLOW the web series on Instagram. For now, check out the teaser below.

@Illeye buckmatic @True Blue Moon @mson @UserNameless @IllmaticDelta @Esco @Easy-E @For Da Bag @Knights89 @Jax @MartyMcFly @-DMP- @LinusCaldwell @mr.africa @Originalman @krackdagawd @Rekkapryde @BXKingPin82 @PlayerNinety_Nine @Achille @KravenMorehead™ @Soymuscle Mike @Soundbwoy @HipHopStan @KevCo @Milk N Cookies @Colicat @Matt504 @Danie84 @NormanConnors @WavyHair ChippedTeeth

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
New Review!

LOOK WHO’S NEXT: Black on Both Sides
by Philip Hernandez | Drama, Web Series

BOBS.png

After two successful seasons of his web series Blue Collar Hustle, creator/writer/executive producer Alonge Hawes decided to create a new project that’s sure to excite viewers. Released exclusively through Seeka.TV, Black on Both Sides is Alonge’s newest web series that follows “29-year-old Anansi Moor who, through mastering the art of “Code-Switching”, has successfully ingratiated himself into the upper echelon of his retail-based job at Legacy Wireless. Through careful study, preparation, and demeanor, Anansi is ostensibly White America’s perfect example of post racial America. Intelligent, witty, well spoken, and just black enough to fill a diversity quota without seeming threatening; Yet behind his carefully curated song and dance lies a motivation that dictates his every move in a game that grows ever more dangerous as the quest for justice, equality, and freedom become the chess moves that will either free the caged bird….or scorch its wings.”

Alonge stars in this new web series alongside Quentin Williams, Howard Woodburn, Roberto Cruz, Shani Hawes, Lasada Lloyd, Devan Dmarcus, Julian Robinson, Kiara Woods, and Scott Piehler. Shani & Roberto also serve as producers alongside Jamal Mcclendon, Rodderick Fedd, and George Reese. Black on Both Sides recently premiered on and it’s truly something special.

When I first heard about Black on Both Sides, I was pretty skeptical about whether or not it would be as good as Blue Collar Hustle. Rightfully, I was wrong—it’s amazing. Both Blue Collar Hustle and Black on Both Sides are essentially different web series and fans should expect that going into the latter project. I had the pleasure of watching the first four episodes and I am excited to see what happens next for Anansi! For those who have not watched, you’re in for a treat with how great Anansi is. I view him as a smooth talker who puts 110% of himself into persevering himself. However, this is the same quality that could work out very BAD for him. All in all, the web series is great and will keep you interested to see what happens next for Anansi & the rest of the characters.

Check out Black on Both Sides via Seeka.TV by clicking HERE and FOLLOW the web series on Instagram. For now, check out the teaser below.

@Illeye buckmatic @True Blue Moon @mson @UserNameless @IllmaticDelta @Esco @Easy-E @For Da Bag @Knights89 @Jax @MartyMcFly @-DMP- @LinusCaldwell @mr.africa @Originalman @krackdagawd @Rekkapryde @BXKingPin82 @PlayerNinety_Nine @Achille @KravenMorehead™ @Soymuscle Mike @Soundbwoy @HipHopStan @KevCo @Milk N Cookies @Colicat @Matt504 @Danie84 @NormanConnors @WavyHair ChippedTeeth

:whoo::ahh::salute: