IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
New Review of Episode 5!

Episode 5 review
Black On Both Sides
Their Eyes Were Watching God

INDYRED | NOV 2019

clicking here. This write up is for episode 5, Their Eyes Were Watching God. So let's get into episode five, shall we? Picking things up from the last time I saw the crew was easy but this particular episode was a special treat. It should also be noted that although the engine that is "Black On Both Sides" continues to turn, chapter five could actually stand alone even if you haven't watched the previous episodes. I'm not saying to skip anything previous, only that this could almost be a self-contained story. Even if you've never seen the show, there's much to be gleaned from this chapter and knowing the basics of what's happening is easy to pick up.
The introduction in this chapter of a true brown-nosing a$$hole really got things moving in terms of the overall story here, and for lack of a better few words, a true antagonist for Anansi. Nolan Martin picks up the role of Joseph Ross. A man who feels he is underappreciated and pissed that Anansi has been moving up the corporate chain much faster than he should. The bottom line? Anansi is black and Joseph is white. In his eyes, ability doesn't matter. Making things even more interesting is that although Joseph is a slippery snake and a clear brown noser, he's not presented as an idiot. He's just another dikk who happens to be white, and feels that being white alone should give him some kind of power over the Anansi's team and Anansi himself. He's not blatantly racist, but the writing is such that you can definitely see it. In truth, he's just a real snake no matter the color of his prey. I would love to see this man again in the future. Maybe developed as a more direct adversary, perhaps have him find out certain things about what's going on. I also loved how he got played at the end. Nice work.

Other than the addition of the new character, this episode actually focused more on Maya. Her personal struggles, family life and pride. I can't remember if I've mentioned it before but Kiara Woods owns the character, and it was nice to see some real character development here. Especially the whole Charlie Brown allegory of the episode. I'm looking forward to more. Chapter five simply contained some great development. What more can be said? Well, one other thing I enjoyed is the information on sales tactics. I feel I learned what to look for when being sold something - but also again, a ping of shame watching those same great sales pitch tactics. Anyone who will follow the show that happens to be white will get my meaning. I'm writing this as a semi-joke, but it would be cool later to see a segment on sales tactics to a potential black buyer. Perhaps, to tie it into the overall message of the show, we could have the segment featuring Anansi showing black versus white sales tactics. In a semi-comedic way. That would allow the overarching message to remain and allow a slight bit of humor to come through.
And yes reader. I did bring up comedy. Although "Black On Both Sides" is a drama, telling a story with a serious message, I have noticed that an occasional lighten up could really help with the roller coaster. Nothing outright stupid funny, or mocking, but something to occasionally sugar things up and allow us viewers to breath.
I won't go into my technical rant, it's been done to death. But I will write this: There are still some major audio issues, although now it pertains to volume jumping. If this show could overcome the audio/dialog issues... I'll just leave it at that but say that although a pain in the ass, some rerecording/ADR could be the answer. Yes, it's a pain in the ass to sync things up sometimes but the end result will be worth the trouble ten fold. What's left? Not much. This was a great episode and a series I can't wait to post about when the time comes. "Black On Both Sides" just works. And that's not an accident.

Black On Both Sides Chapter 5

@Illeye buckmatic @-DMP- @MartyMcFly @HustlerOfVirginiA @hustlemania @Danie84 @Colicat @Milk N Cookies @Soundbwoy @Soymuscle Mike @LinusCaldwell @True Blue Moon @Tupac in a Business Suit @Born2BKing @Easy-E @Esco @IllmaticDelta @JoelB @NormanConnors @UserNameless @Rekkapryde @For Da Bag @Golden @GoldenGlove @SSBBW MARTI @teacher @Afro @Take It In Blood @CarltonJunior @Trot LaRoc @BXKingPin82 @PlayerNinety_Nine @KevCo @spliz @Hugs @Jax @WavyHair ChippedTeeth @krackdagawd @newworldafro @Knights89 @HipHopStan

:myman::whoo:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
New episode 5 review!

Episode 5: Their Eyes Were Watching God review.
bobsr.jpg

Episode 5 sees Black On Both Sides really finding it's stride. Probably my favorite episode thus far, I've altered my original grade for the series to reflect how things are progressing. As Their Eyes Were Watching God plays through, the growth of the show is really starting to show as the characters are coming into their own.

As Maya's strong personality has always been present in the series, it is with a grand gesture that this episode focuses more on her story than any of the other characters. Her world views and eventual acceptance of what she has to do for her and her daughter. It's a bitter-sweet pill. Anansi has been trying to motivate her to put on a show, as have the other employees of Legacy Wireless but it isn't until a scene with her baby daddy that Maya really commits. It's a sad revelation for both her and viewers because essentially, she has to give up a large chunk of herself to continue on with their plan. At the same time, it's touching to see just how far a person will go for family. But family has been an important backbone of this show since the start and we do see a little more of Anansi's attempts to reconcile with his other half.

Also worth noting is the inclusion of Joseph Ross, another promotion hungry Legacy employee. It is my opinion he is your typical back stabbing work place employee. Standing on the backs of whoever he can to get what he wants. The "race" card is played out with this character, but as always with this show it's set to the background. Joseph Ross isn't all about being white, but his actions and remarks could be taken as such, or as him simply being a prick.

As the racial divide is a theme with Black On Both Sides, it hasn't been forgotten. In particular during a scene with Anansi's boss as the three discuss store numbers. The racial bits are played off a casual conversation and Anansi's boss's attempts at humor. It's done well and tastefully reminding us of the core issues and how veiled they are; but always just below the surface.

This was a good episode in all regards. Even the production flaws are getting less and less with glitchy audio being the foremost technical problem. I eagerly await what comes next as Black On Both sides continues to get better and better.

Black on Both Sides

@Illeye buckmatic @IllmaticDelta @-DMP- @Easy-E @Esco @LinusCaldwell @True Blue Moon @Soymuscle Mike @Soundbwoy @MartyMcFly @JoelB @WavyHair ChippedTeeth @CarltonJunior @PlayerNinety_Nine @newworldafro @Knights89 @For Da Bag @mr.africa @Originalman @krackdagawd @Tupac in a Business Suit @Danie84 @Milk N Cookies @General Mills @SSBBW MARTI @Afro @HipHopStan @KevCo @Hugs @spliz @UserNameless @Jax @Take It In Blood @BXKingPin82 @Responsible Allen Iverson @Birnin Zana @Born2BKing @Trot LaRoc

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
New episode 5 review!

Episode 5: Their Eyes Were Watching God review.
bobsr.jpg

Episode 5 sees Black On Both Sides really finding it's stride. Probably my favorite episode thus far, I've altered my original grade for the series to reflect how things are progressing. As Their Eyes Were Watching God plays through, the growth of the show is really starting to show as the characters are coming into their own.

As Maya's strong personality has always been present in the series, it is with a grand gesture that this episode focuses more on her story than any of the other characters. Her world views and eventual acceptance of what she has to do for her and her daughter. It's a bitter-sweet pill. Anansi has been trying to motivate her to put on a show, as have the other employees of Legacy Wireless but it isn't until a scene with her baby daddy that Maya really commits. It's a sad revelation for both her and viewers because essentially, she has to give up a large chunk of herself to continue on with their plan. At the same time, it's touching to see just how far a person will go for family. But family has been an important backbone of this show since the start and we do see a little more of Anansi's attempts to reconcile with his other half.

Also worth noting is the inclusion of Joseph Ross, another promotion hungry Legacy employee. It is my opinion he is your typical back stabbing work place employee. Standing on the backs of whoever he can to get what he wants. The "race" card is played out with this character, but as always with this show it's set to the background. Joseph Ross isn't all about being white, but his actions and remarks could be taken as such, or as him simply being a prick.

As the racial divide is a theme with Black On Both Sides, it hasn't been forgotten. In particular during a scene with Anansi's boss as the three discuss store numbers. The racial bits are played off a casual conversation and Anansi's boss's attempts at humor. It's done well and tastefully reminding us of the core issues and how veiled they are; but always just below the surface.

This was a good episode in all regards. Even the production flaws are getting less and less with glitchy audio being the foremost technical problem. I eagerly await what comes next as Black On Both sides continues to get better and better.

Black on Both Sides

@Illeye buckmatic @IllmaticDelta @-DMP- @Easy-E @Esco @LinusCaldwell @True Blue Moon @Soymuscle Mike @Soundbwoy @MartyMcFly @JoelB @WavyHair ChippedTeeth @CarltonJunior @PlayerNinety_Nine @newworldafro @Knights89 @For Da Bag @mr.africa @Originalman @krackdagawd @Tupac in a Business Suit @Danie84 @Milk N Cookies @General Mills @SSBBW MARTI @Afro @HipHopStan @KevCo @Hugs @spliz @UserNameless @Jax @Take It In Blood @BXKingPin82 @Responsible Allen Iverson @Birnin Zana @Born2BKing @Trot LaRoc

yes sir:wow::salute:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
ALRIGHT COLI FAM

Since I love ya’ll and very much appreciate all the support ya’ll have shown me and the series I have decided to give you guys early access to episode 6! I will be leaving the link for the episode up for one hour and I ask that all comments and reviews and critiques be written HERE in this thread and NOT on the youtube link as the series is a SeekaTV exclusive and will not premiere for another week.

I am extremely proud of this episode and its themes. Its a bit of satire mixed into a debate about a crucial issue within the black community.

My inspirations for this particular episode are Donald Glover’s Season 1 episode BAN and Spike Lee’s movie Do The Right Thing.

Chapter 6: The Audacity Of Hope

@Jax can I get a sticky for an hour please?

@Illeye buckmatic @Milk N Cookies @Soymuscle Mike @Tupac in a Business Suit @LinusCaldwell @mr.africa @UserNameless @Booksnrain @Colicat @NormanConnors @MartyMcFly @Rekkapryde @General Mills @Art Barr @JP_614 @-DMP- @Atlrocafella @BXKingPin82 @Born2BKing @Afro @HipHopStan @KevCo @Take It In Blood @Trot LaRoc @krackdagawd @For Da Bag @Knights89 @Easy-E @CarltonJunior @WavyHair ChippedTeeth @PlayerNinety_Nine @newworldafro @Soundbwoy @Piff Perkins @hustlemania @True Blue Moon @spliz @Hugs

Last edited:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
ALRIGHT COLI FAM

Since I love ya’ll and very much appreciate all the support ya’ll have shown me and the series I have decided to give you guys early access to episode 6! I will be leaving the link for the episode up for one hour and I ask that all comments and reviews and critiques be written HERE in this thread and NOT on the youtube link as the series is a SeekaTV exclusive and will not premiere for another week.

I am extremely proud of this episode and its themes. Its a bit of satire mixed into a debate about a crucial issue within the black community.

My inspirations for this particular episode are Donald Glover’s Season 1 episode BAN and Spike Lee’s movie Do The Right Thing.

@Illeye buckmatic @Milk N Cookies @Soymuscle Mike @Tupac in a Business Suit @LinusCaldwell @mr.africa @UserNameless @Booksnrain @Colicat @NormanConnors @MartyMcFly @Rekkapryde @General Mills @Art Barr @JP_614 @-DMP- @Atlrocafella @BXKingPin82 @Born2BKing @Afro @HipHopStan @KevCo @Take It In Blood @Trot LaRoc @krackdagawd @For Da Bag @Knights89 @Easy-E @CarltonJunior @WavyHair ChippedTeeth @PlayerNinety_Nine @newworldafro @Soundbwoy @Piff Perkins @hustlemania @True Blue Moon @spliz @Hugs

You can get more than an hour fam :salute:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
ALRIGHT COLI FAM

Will check this piff out:ahh::salute:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
New Advance Review Of Episode 6!

Black On Both Sides Episode 6 Advance Review
Date: December 3, 2019Author: imjustcorey0

*Note. This is an advance review of an episode that will be available December 9thon Seeka.tv”

Alonge Hawes REALLY wants black men and women to go ahead and get every hateful, vile, ignorant, misinformed, misunderstood, and mis-educated thought we’ve ever had about one another off of our chests. He wants us to spit it, scream it, cry it, and hurl it right into one another’s faces. He wants it to hurt, to cut deep, wants us to feel the pain and bitterness. He wants it all out on the table, in all of its ugly vitriol. He wants us to see the damage we have done to one another as well as the damage we have allowed, either consciously or unconsciously, to be inflicted upon us. He wants us to soak in a sea of contempt so thick that we might drown in its depths. Because only when we have consumed ourselves within the fire of one another’s disdain, can we truly find a path towards the understanding that represents healing.

Or at least that’s what I THINK he wants. It’s becoming increasingly hard to predict what Hawes’s Black On Both Sides truly is from one episode to the next. Is it a mystery/heist series following young black retail workers who, feeling underappreciated and underpaid decide to commit theft and fraud at their job as a way to simultaneously keep themselves above the poverty line while sticking it to the “man”? Is it a searing and brutally honest portrayal of black existence, struggle, and identity in America? Is it a thoughtful critique of what it feels like to enter the work force as an African American in a, still all-too-white and racist middle class America? Who the hell knows? Maybe it’s all of that wrapped into one, or none of that. But as Alonge Hawes weaves his tale, I feel as if we journey ever deeper into the psyche of black consciousness. Sometimes its beautiful, sometimes its ugly, and sometimes its painful.

Episode (or “Chapter” as this series dubs them) 6; titled “The Audacity Of Hope”, after former President Barack Obama’s 2006 tome, chooses to utilize a bit of satire to deal with the “ugly” and “painful” of the black American existence. Namely, the divide between black men and women. The episode begins with fan favorite (at least in my head) Henry Gil Scott Heron (Julian Robinson) finally launching his podcast, which was a goal of his earlier in the season. Henry has invited two special guests to the show. Dr. Lilith Alexander (a fiery and regal Schelle Purcell) and Nigel Hawthorne (played with subdued intensity by Anthony Earl Jr.) Lilith has written a book called ‘Black Men Are The White Men Of The Black Community’, which in itself seems to be a parody of a controversial article published in 2017. In turn, Nigel has written a book titled ‘Sistas Ain’t Soldiers: Stop Playing Her Game And Get Money Black Man’. Both are heralded as intellectuals and leaders of their respective movements. Lilith’s assessment is that black men, through chauvinism, toxic masculinity, and sexism, have not only failed black women, but have held them in captivity for a longer time period than slavery itself. Nigel’s rebuttal is that, through media representation, and social conditioning, black men have been made to devalue themselves and their own greatness. And that through idolizing black women, they are putting themselves at greater risk of losing out on financial stability and upward mobility. Both sides throw acid remarks and sharp insults at one another during the debate. Hawes’s writing coupled with Purcell’s and Earl’s acting keep either argument from gaining the upper hand; but it stunned me several times that I felt small kernels of truth in both arguments. It was uncomfortable for me as a black man to find myself unconsciously agreeing with some of the things both parties had to say. Does that make me part of the problem? I’m not sure, but this episode will surely make a lot of the black people who watch it do a bit of soul searching.

During a short intermission, we get to meet both Lilith and Nigel’s spouses. You might be surprised to find out who Lilith’s husband is because I certainly know I was! Because this is an advance review I won’t give the spoiler, but again, its something that can really make you think about just how complex and muddled race relations are in America. Nigel’s wife, Cindy, is a series newcomer (played by Stephany Bailey). Both spouses show love and support for their counterparts, while simultaneously steeping them deeper into the stereotypes that they are both desperately trying to escape. The interactions between the two couples could honestly be its own separate episode; the dialogue and acting in these scenes is jam-packed with meaning.

The final confrontation between the Nigel and Lilith is almost explosive. Again, I won’t give direct spoilers but you get the very strong inclination that the two end the episode as slightly different people than they began. We don’t get “closure” in the sense that everything wraps up neat and tidy, and the topic at hand is too complex for one answer to fix the issue, but the silver lining is that with an understanding that we as black people are not truly alone, we can use that understanding to bridge the gaps in our community with an aim towards empathy and compassion.

This is my favorite episode of Black On Both Sides thus far. The series continues to get better with each episode and Alonge Hawes, the cast, crew, and team really deserve kudos for the obvious labor of love. This episode really made me rethink some of the long held beliefs and micro-aggressions I might have held towards black women, and I’m sure it will do the same for some black women and how they may have felt at times, or perhaps still do about black men. Though I do not want to speak on behalf of Alonge Hawes, it really seems like he is trying to convey that black men and women desperately need one another in order to truly make any sort of real progress within our communities.

And that’s definitely a sentiment I can get behind.

5 stars

PROS

Excellent writing

Excellent acting by series mainstay Julian Robinson and newcomers Schelle Purcell, Anthony Earl Jr., and Stephany Bailey

Good improvement in sound mixing and scene transitioning

Complex themes presented in an understandable fashion

@Illeye buckmatic @IllmaticDelta @Esco @Easy-E @Young Bishop @General Mills @Soundbwoy @Soymuscle Mike @mr.africa @Original12 @Originalman @True Blue Moon @-DMP- @MartyMcFly @Colicat @Booksnrain @CinnaSlim @Rekkapryde @PlayerNinety_Nine @BXKingPin82 @Birnin Zana @Born2BKing @UserNameless @Afro @WavyHair ChippedTeeth @krackdagawd @newworldafro @NormanConnors @Trot LaRoc @HipHopStan @For Da Bag @KevCo @Jax @Atlrocafella

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

*Note. This is an advance review of an episode that will be available December 9thon Seeka.tv”

Alonge Hawes REALLY wants black men and women to go ahead and get every hateful, vile, ignorant, misinformed, misunderstood, and mis-educated thought we’ve ever had about one another off of our chests. He wants us to spit it, scream it, cry it, and hurl it right into one another’s faces. He wants it to hurt, to cut deep, wants us to feel the pain and bitterness. He wants it all out on the table, in all of its ugly vitriol. He wants us to see the damage we have done to one another as well as the damage we have allowed, either consciously or unconsciously, to be inflicted upon us. He wants us to soak in a sea of contempt so thick that we might drown in its depths. Because only when we have consumed ourselves within the fire of one another’s disdain, can we truly find a path towards the understanding that represents healing.

Or at least that’s what I THINK he wants. It’s becoming increasingly hard to predict what Hawes’s Black On Both Sides truly is from one episode to the next. Is it a mystery/heist series following young black retail workers who, feeling underappreciated and underpaid decide to commit theft and fraud at their job as a way to simultaneously keep themselves above the poverty line while sticking it to the “man”? Is it a searing and brutally honest portrayal of black existence, struggle, and identity in America? Is it a thoughtful critique of what it feels like to enter the work force as an African American in a, still all-too-white and racist middle class America? Who the hell knows? Maybe it’s all of that wrapped into one, or none of that. But as Alonge Hawes weaves his tale, I feel as if we journey ever deeper into the psyche of black consciousness. Sometimes its beautiful, sometimes its ugly, and sometimes its painful.

Episode (or “Chapter” as this series dubs them) 6; titled “The Audacity Of Hope”, after former President Barack Obama’s 2006 tome, chooses to utilize a bit of satire to deal with the “ugly” and “painful” of the black American existence. Namely, the divide between black men and women. The episode begins with fan favorite (at least in my head) Henry Gil Scott Heron (Julian Robinson) finally launching his podcast, which was a goal of his earlier in the season. Henry has invited two special guests to the show. Dr. Lilith Alexander (a fiery and regal Schelle Purcell) and Nigel Hawthorne (played with subdued intensity by Anthony Earl Jr.) Lilith has written a book called ‘Black Men Are The White Men Of The Black Community’, which in itself seems to be a parody of a controversial article published in 2017. In turn, Nigel has written a book titled ‘Sistas Ain’t Soldiers: Stop Playing Her Game And Get Money Black Man’. Both are heralded as intellectuals and leaders of their respective movements. Lilith’s assessment is that black men, through chauvinism, toxic masculinity, and sexism, have not only failed black women, but have held them in captivity for a longer time period than slavery itself. Nigel’s rebuttal is that, through media representation, and social conditioning, black men have been made to devalue themselves and their own greatness. And that through idolizing black women, they are putting themselves at greater risk of losing out on financial stability and upward mobility. Both sides throw acid remarks and sharp insults at one another during the debate. Hawes’s writing coupled with Purcell’s and Earl’s acting keep either argument from gaining the upper hand; but it stunned me several times that I felt small kernels of truth in both arguments. It was uncomfortable for me as a black man to find myself unconsciously agreeing with some of the things both parties had to say. Does that make me part of the problem? I’m not sure, but this episode will surely make a lot of the black people who watch it do a bit of soul searching.

During a short intermission, we get to meet both Lilith and Nigel’s spouses. You might be surprised to find out who Lilith’s husband is because I certainly know I was! Because this is an advance review I won’t give the spoiler, but again, its something that can really make you think about just how complex and muddled race relations are in America. Nigel’s wife, Cindy, is a series newcomer (played by Stephany Bailey). Both spouses show love and support for their counterparts, while simultaneously steeping them deeper into the stereotypes that they are both desperately trying to escape. The interactions between the two couples could honestly be its own separate episode; the dialogue and acting in these scenes is jam-packed with meaning.

The final confrontation between the Nigel and Lilith is almost explosive. Again, I won’t give direct spoilers but you get the very strong inclination that the two end the episode as slightly different people than they began. We don’t get “closure” in the sense that everything wraps up neat and tidy, and the topic at hand is too complex for one answer to fix the issue, but the silver lining is that with an understanding that we as black people are not truly alone, we can use that understanding to bridge the gaps in our community with an aim towards empathy and compassion.

This is my favorite episode of Black On Both Sides thus far. The series continues to get better with each episode and Alonge Hawes, the cast, crew, and team really deserve kudos for the obvious labor of love. This episode really made me rethink some of the long held beliefs and micro-aggressions I might have held towards black women, and I’m sure it will do the same for some black women and how they may have felt at times, or perhaps still do about black men. Though I do not want to speak on behalf of Alonge Hawes, it really seems like he is trying to convey that black men and women desperately need one another in order to truly make any sort of real progress within our communities.

5 stars

PROS

Excellent writing

Excellent acting by series mainstay Julian Robinson and newcomers Schelle Purcell, Anthony Earl Jr., and Stephany Bailey

@Illeye buckmatic @IllmaticDelta @Esco @Easy-E @Young Bishop @General Mills @Soundbwoy @Soymuscle Mike @mr.africa @Original12 @Originalman @True Blue Moon @-DMP- @MartyMcFly @Colicat @Booksnrain @CinnaSlim @Rekkapryde @PlayerNinety_Nine @BXKingPin82 @Birnin Zana @Born2BKing @UserNameless @Afro @WavyHair ChippedTeeth @krackdagawd @newworldafro @NormanConnors @Trot LaRoc @HipHopStan @For Da Bag @KevCo @Jax @Atlrocafella
:banderas::banderas:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

5 stars

PROS

Excellent writing

:win::ahh::salute:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Our SECOND 5 Star Review for episode 6!

Black on Both Sides Episode 6 Advance Review by: Vontress Renae’
Date: December 5, 2019Author: Vontress Ortega0

* Please be advised this is an advanced review. The episode will be released on December 9th on Seeka.tv *

“Alonge Hawes gives a jaw dropping episode provoking emotion on eye opening subject matter” – Vontress Renae’

I must say that this episode was hard to watch for me. Every negative thought, word, action and reality of the way that black men and women perceive one another came out in this episode. It made me cringe when I watched it but it also made me sad at the same time.

How can we have the same struggles, the same hardships, experience the same hurtful dialogue being thrown at us and STILL be so hateful and prejudice toward each other? It was hurtful to hear some of things the characters thought about each other without a second thought. Furthermore them having the audacity to have hope in another race to understand us, build us up or even understand what its like to be a walking target on a day to day basis.

The hardest part for me is that both sides had some clear points that I could fully agree with. For instance, as Dr. Nigel Hawthorne explains how black women are drawn to the drug dealers, athletes and gangsters. So the perception of the black man is clouded because mothers give sons the notion that this is the way of life to be successful. I understood his feeling that the black man is not capable of more than that. I too feel like sometimes not just black mothers but us as a community limit the capabilities of ourselves. There are more things in the world that can be accomplished than the stereotypical careers. We have to embrace that man that would rather pick up a book than the blunt, someone who has an eye for the fine arts or enjoys classical music. It makes us different and we shouldn’t be judged by those things.

I can relate so deeply to Dr. Lilith Alexander, when she explains accountability. Although we as black women have strong minds, we demand our voices be heard even if the delivery of our message can come from a scarred place. We can’t hold all of the burden for the choices that black men make. Sometimes pointing the finger at who’s to blame is the person staring back at you in the mirror.

I know as a black woman, I have personally been someone who has babied a black man but because of my natural independent nature I have probably pushed someone into the arms of another, and for sure another race.
The moment in the episode that really blew my mind is the strong hate for one another that has thrown both of these intelligent black individuals into the arms of another race. I see this often and I always ask myself “What does this solve?” Running to a race that has no idea what we go through, how or what to say in times of racial injustice, and simply catering to the needs of our insecurities instead of trying to build us up and work through our mental and emotional scars could never truly be done.

This was an amazing episode and I applaud Alonge Hawes for his willingness to speak and show a visual representation of some of the everyday thoughts that we as a people have.

@Illeye buckmatic @MartyMcFly @Milk N Cookies @Colicat @Chelsea Bridge @MoonGoddess @RoyalQ @Booksnrain @mr.africa @Originalman @True Blue Moon @hustlemania @Jax @General Mills @NormanConnors @BXKingPin82 @PlayerNinety_Nine @Soundbwoy @Soymuscle Mike @For Da Bag @UserNameless @-DMP- @Tupac in a Business Suit @Young Bishop @Esco @Easy-E @LinusCaldwell @KevCo @Atlrocafella @krackdagawd @Trot LaRoc @Rekkapryde @IllmaticDelta @Afro @Responsible Allen Iverson @WavyHair ChippedTeeth @newworldafro @Prynce @HipHopStan https://queenmediacollective.com/20...e-6-advance-review-by-vontress-renae/#respond

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Our SECOND 5 Star Review for episode 6!

Black on Both Sides Episode 6 Advance Review by: Vontress Renae’
Date: December 5, 2019Author: Vontress Ortega0

* Please be advised this is an advanced review. The episode will be released on December 9th on Seeka.tv *

“Alonge Hawes gives a jaw dropping episode provoking emotion on eye opening subject matter” – Vontress Renae’

I must say that this episode was hard to watch for me. Every negative thought, word, action and reality of the way that black men and women perceive one another came out in this episode. It made me cringe when I watched it but it also made me sad at the same time.

How can we have the same struggles, the same hardships, experience the same hurtful dialogue being thrown at us and STILL be so hateful and prejudice toward each other? It was hurtful to hear some of things the characters thought about each other without a second thought. Furthermore them having the audacity to have hope in another race to understand us, build us up or even understand what its like to be a walking target on a day to day basis.

The hardest part for me is that both sides had some clear points that I could fully agree with. For instance, as Dr. Nigel Hawthorne explains how black women are drawn to the drug dealers, athletes and gangsters. So the perception of the black man is clouded because mothers give sons the notion that this is the way of life to be successful. I understood his feeling that the black man is not capable of more than that. I too feel like sometimes not just black mothers but us as a community limit the capabilities of ourselves. There are more things in the world that can be accomplished than the stereotypical careers. We have to embrace that man that would rather pick up a book than the blunt, someone who has an eye for the fine arts or enjoys classical music. It makes us different and we shouldn’t be judged by those things.

I can relate so deeply to Dr. Lilith Alexander, when she explains accountability. Although we as black women have strong minds, we demand our voices be heard even if the delivery of our message can come from a scarred place. We can’t hold all of the burden for the choices that black men make. Sometimes pointing the finger at who’s to blame is the person staring back at you in the mirror.

I know as a black woman, I have personally been someone who has babied a black man but because of my natural independent nature I have probably pushed someone into the arms of another, and for sure another race.
The moment in the episode that really blew my mind is the strong hate for one another that has thrown both of these intelligent black individuals into the arms of another race. I see this often and I always ask myself “What does this solve?” Running to a race that has no idea what we go through, how or what to say in times of racial injustice, and simply catering to the needs of our insecurities instead of trying to build us up and work through our mental and emotional scars could never truly be done.

This was an amazing episode and I applaud Alonge Hawes for his willingness to speak and show a visual representation of some of the everyday thoughts that we as a people have.

@Illeye buckmatic @MartyMcFly @Milk N Cookies @Colicat @Chelsea Bridge @MoonGoddess @RoyalQ @Booksnrain @mr.africa @Originalman @True Blue Moon @hustlemania @Jax @General Mills @NormanConnors @BXKingPin82 @PlayerNinety_Nine @Soundbwoy @Soymuscle Mike @For Da Bag @UserNameless @-DMP- @Tupac in a Business Suit @Young Bishop @Esco @Easy-E @LinusCaldwell @KevCo @Atlrocafella @krackdagawd @Trot LaRoc @Rekkapryde @IllmaticDelta @Afro @Responsible Allen Iverson @WavyHair ChippedTeeth @newworldafro @Prynce @HipHopStan

:whew::salute: