ColiPreps: The Official High School Football thread

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Comparing Texas to Cali is like apples and oranges. An elite Texas high school "might" recruit a couple of kids...but 98% of the roster is just brehs from the neighborhood. You get whatever the hood produces. The elite coastal schools and private schools just pick players like it's college football....not really a comparison.

It would be like if USC could recruit the whole country for college football but Ohio State could only recruit kids living in a 5 mile radius of the campus.

If Duncanville, DeSoto, SOC etc. could join up and combine the best players and coaches...that's basically what these all star squads are in other states.
Any insight into why Texas is so restrictive about recruiting? I assume it was the older powerhouse school that didn't want it as it would be easier to maintain their dominance .

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The talent is absolutely still in Texas. Let's not kid ourselves. The talent however has spread out far more than it use to be because thousands more schools have been built. Gone are the best SW schools, the Converse Judsons, the Houston Yates, the East Texas schools of Longview, TJT, Tyler Lee, Marshall, etc. days. The bigger problem is Texas HS going to this finesse soft pass happy spread offenses that is thankfully starting to decline in the state. There's a reason why the inner cities and inner suburbs are making a come back as of late. But Texas still has the talent. Schools from all over the nation still make it extremely important to recruit Texas just as much as California and Florida.
Man even Southlake Carroll doesn't seem to be a pass-happy spread offense like they were in the 2000's. They seemed more like a smashmouth spread offense these last few seasons with Owen Benjamin as their star RB. Austin Westlake under Todd Dodge seem like a way balanced offense than Dodge's 2000s SLC teams.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@dtownreppin214 Duncanville getting it done tomorrow or what :mjpls:
@Dr. Narcisse Our thoughts from earlier in this thread:

SOC and Desoto win. Duncanville still hasn't found a QB yet.

Unfortunately I agree. :francis: I think Duncanville's QB1 tore his ACL earlier in the season. @Texas2step tell your pop to recruit a QB out from Cali!!

I've watched highlights of last week's Austin Westlake-North Shore state semifinal game a bunch times the last several days and I also think North Shore's offense is more dynamic than Duncanville's offense. North Shore played 2 different QBs in the game and both of them were putting up points against Westlake's top ranked defense.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Aledo is curb stomping College Station. They are on their way to winnin their 11th state title out of the last 13 years.

@satam55 @Dr. Narcisse I watched some of the Westlake/North Shore and Duncanville/Westfield games this morning. NS will win by 2 TDs today, maybe more. Dville's QB is worse than I thought. They have a great RB but nothing at QB. NS's oline handled Westlake's D most of the game.

Samples best bet was to win one with Ja'Quinden Jackson. Unfortunately he lost one game w/ him on a hail mary and the other one Jackson tore his ACL in the semi-final game a week before.

Last edited:

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
Aledo coach say Jermichael Finley's freshman son is the best receiver he has ever coached

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aledo is curb stomping College Station. They are on their way to winnin their 11th state title out of the last 13 years.

@satam55 @Dr. Narcisse I watched some of the Westlake/North Shore and Duncanville/Westfield games this morning. NS will win by 2 TDs today, maybe more. Dville's QB is worse than I thought. They have a great RB but nothing at QB. NS's oline handled Westlake's D most of the game.

Samples best bet was to win one with Ja'Quinden Jackson. Unfortunately he lost one game w/ him on a hail mary and the other one Jackson tore his ACL in the semi-final game a week before.

So, no Three Way Southside Da Realest? :mjcry: