ColiPreps: The Official High School Football thread

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Recruiting has always been an issue in California I won't lie about that....in 2018 the CIF changed a rule that prohibits students from transferring solely for athletics....although there are many loopholes that you can find to get out of that....IMO Texas schools aren't elite like that anymore because the talent is lacking, even if they had the option to I just dont see it.....in Florida the talent is definitely there.....but there are also public schools out in Cali that have great talent as well....it's not just the private schools....
The talent is absolutely still in Texas. Let's not kid ourselves. The talent however has spread out far more than it use to be because thousands more schools have been built. Gone are the best SW schools, the Converse Judsons, the Houston Yates, the East Texas schools of Longview, TJT, Tyler Lee, Marshall, etc. days. The bigger problem is Texas HS going to this finesse soft pass happy spread offenses that is thankfully starting to decline in the state. There's a reason why the inner cities and inner suburbs are making a come back as of late. But Texas still has the talent. Schools from all over the nation still make it extremely important to recruit Texas just as much as California and Florida.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
The talent is absolutely still in Texas. Let's not kid ourselves. The talent however has spread out far more than it use to be because thousands more schools have been built. Gone are the best SW schools, the Converse Judsons, the Houston Yates, the East Texas schools of Longview, TJT, Tyler Lee, Marshall, etc. days. The bigger problem is Texas HS going to this finesse soft pass happy spread offenses that is thankfully starting to decline in the state. There's a reason why the inner cities and inner suburbs are making a come back as of late. But Texas still has the talent. Schools from all over the nation still make it extremely important to recruit Texas just as much as California and Florida.
When I was in HS in the mid to late 90's we would hear about them Texas high schools and how good they were....and all the talent Texas had....I just don't see it like that anymore but I hear you....sounds like the talent has definitely spread out....I'll be watching those games tonight and this weekend so I'll check it out for sure....thank you for your breakdown of things I just go off what I hear in conversation with a few of the coaches I know in Texas....

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
When I was in HS in the mid to late 90's we would hear about them Texas high schools and how good they were....and all the talent Texas had....I just don't see it like that anymore but I hear you....sounds like the talent has definitely spread out....I'll be watching those games tonight and this weekend so I'll check it out for sure....thank you for your breakdown of things I just go off what I hear in conversation with a few of the coaches I know in Texas....
Fair enough!!

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Then why is the PAC 12 struggling to get into the College Football Playoffs? Especially the California schools. :jbhmm:
Son USC's defense is suspect....they played very well this year other than that....we all saw TCU lose to Kansas St but they got in ....what happened to Texas & Texas A&M???....overall the Pac 12 was actually not to bad this year which was surprising.....USC will be back on top as Riley will get some top tier recruits in that we have been losing to the Big 10 and SEC....the speed is definitely there.....but what happened to Texas as a state??....

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Son USC's defense is suspect....they played very well this year other than that....we all saw TCU lose to Kansas St but they got in ....what happened to Texas & Texas A&M???....overall the Pac 12 was actually not to bad this year which was surprising.....USC will be back on top as Riley will get some top tier recruits in that we have been losing to the Big 10 and SEC....the speed is definitely there.....but what happened to Texas as a state??....

Doing better than California. :heh:

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Doing better than California. :heh:
TCU lost their championship game and got in so not really....they gonna get worked against Michigan... :dead: ....and this a high school thread so you are all not doing better than California....
Screenshot-20221216-145852.jpg

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TCU lost their championship game and got in so not really....they gonna get worked against Michigan... :dead: ....and this a high school thread so you are all not doing better than California....
Screenshot-20221216-145852.jpg

All of your top schools are Football Factory Recruiting Private Schools. :heh: