ColiPreps: The Official High School Football thread

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Excuses bruh.... :mjlol: ....Allen had no problem stepping up...

Only Cali schools like Long Beach Poly would be a fair and even match up.

@dtownreppin214 & @satam55 I wish St. Marks or Dallas Jesuit would get on that recruiting shyt like the other Football Factories Private Schools around the country. They both would be #1 & #2 in the country if they ever decided to go that direction. :pachaha:

Imagine Dallas Jesuit making a Great Southwest All-Star team. :damn:

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Only Cali schools like Long Beach Poly would be a fair and even match up.

@dtownreppin214 & @satam55 I wish St. Marks or Dallas Jesuit would get on that recruiting shyt like the other Football Factories Private Schools around the country. They both would be #1 & #2 in country if they ever decided to go that direction. :pachaha:

Imagine Dallas Jesuit making a Great Southwest All-Star team. :damn:
Long Beach Poly is my old high school....they aren't as good as they use to be....Corona Centennial would be a good match up....all High Schools recruit on some sort of level....IMO Texas kinda fell off....I played in the Cal-Tex shrine game in '97....them Texas boys was bad....we barely won that year....Florida the only other state that can compete with Cali....:manny:....

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Long Beach Poly is my old high school....they aren't as good as they use to be....Corona Centennial would be a good match up....all High Schools recruit on some sort of level....IMO Texas kinda fell off....I played in the Cal-Tex shrine game in '97....them Texas boys was bad....we barely won that year....Florida the only other state that can compete with Cali....:manny:....
Illegal in Texas. UIL will quickly take any title away if they are caught. And if the Texas boys were bad, why did you barely win?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Dude stay trying to compare his Cali all star high school teams with regular high school teams in Texas. After years of having it explained to him he still doesn't understand why it's not a fair comparison.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Man my HS team Gahanna went the furthest it’s ever gone in the playoffs made it to the state semifinal for division 1. I’m glad our coach turned it around. His son is a good QB. Ran into St Edwards which is a powerhouse every year. Lost 31-7

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I'm old....I'm meant bad as really good.... :mjlol: .....I know some coaches in Texas and they recruit....they are just smart about it...
It's extremely rare in Texas to see it happening because their careers could be on the line. You will have to play kids that live in the district for one. Texas schools can never recruit at the level of say a Mater Dei.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
It's extremely rare in Texas to see it happening because their careers could be on the line. You will have to play kids that live in the district for one. Texas schools can never recruit at the level of say a Mater Dei.
If California you have to wait a year to play if you transfer schools....Duncanville got caught with their boys basketball program because the bruh didn't wait....it's not as rare as you think it is....Mater Dei is a nationally known program and has a shyt load of money behind them so I agree with you there....

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
If California you have to wait a year to play if you transfer schools....Duncanville got caught with their boys basketball program because the bruh didn't wait....it's not as rare as you think it is....Mater Dei is a nationally known program and has a shyt load of money behind them so I agree with you there....
They got caught and they were penalized and stripped of their title. What I'm saying is that no Texas school can recruit like the California private schools. Zero. Even transferring is difficult. You have to answer a questionnaire and then it has to go before a UIL board for it to be granted.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
They got caught and they were penalized and stripped of their title. What I'm saying is that no Texas school can recruit like the California private schools. Zero. Even transferring is difficult. You have to answer a questionnaire and then it has to go before a UIL board for it to be granted.

Recruiting still happens bruh...Duncanville just got caught...Mater Dei got caught several years back and had to forfeit their championship....transfers aren't easy in California either but they still happen....and of course Texas can't recruit like a California private school....California's private schools football programs are elite and nationally known....Texas not so much....

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Recruiting still happens bruh...Duncanville just got caught...Mater Dei got caught several years back and had to forfeit their championship....transfers aren't easy in California either but they still happen....and of course Texas can't recruit like a California private school....California's private schools football programs are elite and nationally known....Texas not so much....
Can I agree that you can get a player or two? Perhaps. But can I agree that you can just freely recruit county or region wide in Texas at the level of California private schools whether they are elite or not? No, I can't. Texas private schools aren't elite because they can't even a fraction of what California private schools can do.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can I agree that you can get a player or two? Perhaps. But can I agree that you can just freely recruit county or region wide in Texas at the level of California private schools whether they are elite or not? No, I can't. Texas private schools aren't elite because they can't even a fraction of what California private schools can do.

Bingo

Dallas Jesuit and St. Mark's would run every school in the country off the field if they could recruit like Mater Dei. :wow:

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Recruiting has always been an issue in California I won't lie about that....in 2018 the CIF changed a rule that prohibits students from transferring solely for athletics....although there are many loopholes that you can find to get out of that....IMO Texas schools aren't elite like that anymore because the talent is lacking, even if they had the option to I just dont see it.....in Florida the talent is definitely there.....but there are also public schools out in Cali that have great talent as well....it's not just the private schools....