ColiPreps: The Official High School Football thread

Daps
It's because of the region of the city they are in. It's all subjective. For instance SOC won state last year but that hasn't even been done by a DISD before them since '58..

The talent in that part of dallas is spread out between SOC, Duncanville, Desoto, Lancaster, & also add in Carter & Kimball. Right now SOC is having their run BUT all the aforementioned school had their time. When I was in HS it was all about Carter & Kimball.

The complete opposite is a school like Allen that has won 4 state titles in the last 9 years, but there is only ONE school in allen and they dress like 90 kids a week on Varsity and maybe only 30 of them play per week, schools like Southlake Carroll have been dominant for a long time.

Smaller districts in more condensed areas tend to do better than the bigger districts where there are more kids.
I mean we could......include '88 Carter. Lincoln got close when Eaton was there but them suburban schools really game the system.

Build a single high school, maybe 2. Have all the pee wee kids up through middle school running the high school offense. Parents paying for special coaches etc. Feel like the schools to the south have more talent while north burbs have a system. Now the southern burbs have a system AND talent. Glad to see these trophies are spreading out across DFW now.

DISD pretty much depopulated throughout the late 80s/early 90s starting when Marvin Edwards was superintendent. Lot of Black kids at Plano East, Lake Highlands etc. Seems like as DISD became mostly Latino, the football fortunes went with it.

ClutchVon

Pro
Daps
Duncanville, Desoto, & SOC all in state games.

Lancaster on the come up.

I don’t know if to count Waxahachie, but they’re gonna be making a lot of noise too.

Don’t think the talent in South Dallas has ever been this high.

10 years ago it was just Desoto, Skyline, & Cedar Hill. Cedar Hill won titles but luckily they didn’t have to go through the Kyler Murray juggernaut in Allen like the other two.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Tomorrow Night. :wow:

The only mfers putting on for the city. :mjcry:

The pride of Dallas County. :ohlawd:

Good luck to your pops. @Texas2step :salute:

@satam55 @Dak Pawgscott @Codeine Bryant @*DalMem* @Surreal @DallasTxRep @Dallas' 4 Eva @rantanamo @heart @Geechiedan214 @IsThatBrothaMouzone? @BigE214 @March Madness @jadillac

Fjy0RUjXkAooFFj

FiWB3pAXEAMw7YS

FgHiljrX0AEEOzE

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The drive to Arlington always been a deterrent for Dallas folks. Hate that the stadium is out there.
Yeah 75 is just insane. Last time I was at ATT stadium was when the Commanders came here earlier this year;
Should've kept my ass in Allen that day but I digress.:mjcry:

The talent at those three schools and what they are doing is just amazing. I think the major key is they are not just focusing on their "star" varsity players. SOC, Desoto, Duncanville all invest heavily in their 8th graders at the middle schools, 9th graders and JV. That's how you build the pipeline into a powerhouse. Excellent work..:salute: