Colin resigns from Kinda Funny Games effective immediately

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I don't think categorizing humans by race is particularly helpful in our modern society

Easy to say from a position of not having to worry about race.

The rest of us don't have this luxury.
The funny thing is jontron released a statement using the colorblind rhetoric as a cop out and never addressed the white supremist shyt. ol ''I see america as people not races'' :gucci:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The funny thing is jontron released a statement using the colorblind rhetoric as a cop out and never addressed the white supremist shyt. ol ''I see america as people not races'' :gucci:
how does that fly after he's already made statements about concepts like "white culture" or whatever?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They all do the same shyt. Dudes coming in here with the same cac arguments, exhibiting the same cac behavior. Then wonder why people are calling them out for it.

Seen this story a million times right now.

That Jon from dude is even Iranian or some shyt.

So he says racist shyt, defends racist statements. Claims he's just trying to "learn" Laughs about the shyt. Then his excuse is " I don't see color" "I'm not even white"

Literally the EXACT same thing @Prodigal Syndicate did in this thread
the luxury of not thinking it's helpful to our modern society?
What i ment is that it's easy to be "colorblind" or to say how race doesn't/shouldn't matter. if it's not your race being persecuted.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I don't claim to be colorblind or immune to various prejudices. our brains like to categorize things. but I also (try to) recognize that those beliefs are irrational, and counterproductive to the society I want to live in

The axe murderer

Daps
how does that fly after he's already made statements about concepts like "white culture" or whatever?
He tried to blame the media for misrepresenting he said ''in the heat of the moment'' in his words and complained about tribalism. He tryna make himself the victim here and ofcourse his twitter following eats it up.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't claim to be colorblind or immune to various prejudices. our brains like to categorize things. but I also (try to) recognize that those beliefs are irrational, and counterproductive to the society I want to live in

Don't think any rational person would disagree with you here. But I'm reminded everyday that what I might want, has nothing to do with what I'll get from this country.

Just look at who our president is and what he stands for.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
They all do the same shyt. Dudes coming in here with the same cac arguments, exhibiting the same cac behavior. Then wonder why people are calling them out for it.

So he says racist shyt, defends racist statements. Claims he's just trying to "learn" Laughs about the shyt. Then his excuse is " I don't see color" "I'm not even white"

Literally the EXACT same thing @Prodigal Syndicate did in this thread

What i ment is that it's easy to be "colorblind" or to say how race doesn't/shouldn't matter. if it's not your race being persecuted.

thankful for these last few years and the internet. Because you can clearly see now the game they run and the codewords they use :wow:

They'll try to jedi mind trick and deflect things away.. but it doesn't work anywhere near as well as it use too

The axe murderer

Daps
True but unfortunately we are so far from this society coming to fruition. The current societt elected trump into office who has one of if not THE worst cabinets seen. Still have a lot of people who don't think that the laws, police, courts etc have been damaging black people until this day but think think blacklivesmatter is a hate group against white people. Who think Kaepernick kneeling in protest means he is against the troops and miss his reason for kneeling even though minority members of the aforementioned troops are affected by those reasons. Its an uphill battle

The axe murderer

Daps

Yeah he's part Iranian which makes his rant about dilution of the white gene pool all the more :gucci:
He's gonna learn that his last name Jafari is not gonna help when with cozying it up with supremacist and he's emboldening them:hubie:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
My thoughts exactly. I just got told I'm wrong because I said it's wrong for a person to use another person's race as an insult. Furthermore because I said that that's wrong I'm supposed to be caping for people who engage in institutionalized racism and bigotry when I'm actually not.

I thought my points were you can call someone out for their bullshyt without hopping down in the mud with them and that people have a right to think and feel whatever they want about any subject as long as those thoughts are just thoughts and not enacted upon so if an ignorant idiot like JonTron wants to think I'm scum because I have brown skin he's entitled to that and as long as he's not fukking with me I really don't care what he thinks.

Somehow I went from that to a racist defender? When I've been consistently saying racism in all forms is wrong. There's too much strawmanning going on here for me so I'm done. I can't really say anything without someone trying to reinterpret what I said as me cosigning some group I'm not or trying to credit me with something I didn't say.

What I will say is this. Racist people feel very comfortable taking another human being's race and hurling it at them as if it's some sort of insult. So when I see someone using a word like cac there's an old saying that starts if it looks like a duck... If you don't want to be confused with being a racist hopefully you understand at some point that talking just like how they talk isn't a good idea.

This Isn't how things work. "Cac" and "******" are not equal, I agree in a perfect world we would throw both to the bushes, but to act as if "Cac" a word that was made and used exclusively on a Hip-hop forum is the same as "******" a slur that is and has been used to oppress, dehumanize and belittle Black people is intellectually dishonest.

Actions start with thoughts, sure he's allowed to think whatever he wants, but please do understand our thoughts influence our actions.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This Isn't how things work. "Cac" and "******" are not equal, I agree in a perfect world we would throw both to the bushes, but to act as if "Cac" a word that was made and used exclusively on a Hip-hop forum is the same as "******" a slur that is and has been used to oppress, dehumanize and belittle Black people is intellectually dishonest.

Actions start with thoughts, sure he's allowed to think whatever he wants, but please do understand our thoughts influence our actions.
You think it's about the word themselves? It's about the logic behind it. All racist logic is the same: I am x and they are y, y is different than x so I dislike, hate, disrespect them for being y. That logic even extends beyond racism and I don't know if you've noticed but many people have no problem with that logic. The only issue they have is when they become the y of that equation. Then its a problem. I know people of my same skin color for example that will apply that logic to say a homosexual and feel justified in doing so but if a white man picks up that same logic and directs it at them for the color of their skin there's a problem suddenly. If confronted about it they will defend the logic itself by saying something like "homosexuality is a choice I didn't choose the color of my skin" instead of saying "you know what that logic itself is wrong and if someone is different so what let them be what they are"

That logic itself is toxic. It doesn't become toxic when it targets certain individuals it's the logic itself and the lack of respect for differences.

I feel like personally I can talk about what some white people do and the bullshyt they pull without taking their race and trying to turn it into some sort of insult and hurl it at them. Bigots, racist, and idiots are just that. I also feel like people are individuals so if an individual chooses to be racist or a bigot that's a reflection on him not his entire race so what the fukk do I look like taking his race and hurling it at him like it's some sort of insult I have disdain about? I don't have a problem with white people I have a problem with bigots and racist and the shyt logic they use because they can't respect humanity's differences.

Even as I say this I can't really get a single person in this thread to agree with anything I said on the logic which further proves my point that most people don't care about the logic a racist uses they just care about being the target of the logic. Once I realized that years ago I just shrug my shoulders at all this because as long as people see that logic as acceptable none of this is going anywhere.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
You think it's about the word themselves? It's about the logic behind it. All racist logic is the same: I am x and they are y, y is different than x so I dislike, hate, disrespect them for being y. That logic even extends beyond racism and I don't know if you've noticed but many people have no problem with that logic. The only issue they have is when they become the y of that equation. Then its a problem. I know people of my same skin color for example that will apply that logic to say a homosexual and feel justified in doing so but if a white man picks up that same logic and directs it at them for the color of their skin there's a problem suddenly. If confronted about it they will defend the logic itself by saying something like "homosexuality is a choice I didn't choose the color of my skin" instead of saying "you know what that logic itself is wrong and if someone is different so what let them be what they are"

That logic itself is toxic. It doesn't become toxic when it targets certain individuals it's the logic itself and the lack of respect for differences.

I feel like personally I can talk about what some white people do and the bullshyt they pull without taking their race and trying to turn it into some sort of insult and hurl it at them. Bigots, racist, and idiots are just that. I also feel like people are individuals so if an individual chooses to be racist or a bigot that's a reflection on him not his entire race so what the fukk do I look like taking his race and hurling it at him like it's some sort of insult I have disdain about? I don't have a problem with white people I have a problem with bigots and racist and the shyt logic they use because they can't respect humanity's differences.

Even as I say this I can't really get a single person in this thread to agree with anything I said on the logic which further proves my point that most people don't care about the logic a racist uses they just care about being the target of the logic. Once I realized that years ago I just shrug my shoulders at all this because as long as people see that logic as acceptable none of this is going anywhere.

I think you're trying to see a grey world in black & white(No Pun Intended). So, let's agree to disagree.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Merely saying a racial term is not equatable to this statement. :comeon:
So if a white person calls you a "racial term" he's just saying a racial term right? Doesn't mean he's a racist and it's also not equatable to the statement right?