Coli Runners Unite

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Started running again, trying to get a sub 20 min 5K but my pace is off. My first time in a race I did 7.34 a mile , i took one of those water cups on a table and it fukked up my rhythm. I just got back into it and my best was a 34 minute 4.4 mile run at 7.41 pace. I am still way off but i recently changed running shoes to some Asics and they are better for my feet

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
How do you guys get rid of runners knees?

I made the mistake last week of feeling discomfort after my 1st few strides and still running 2 miles, next day it was hurting to go faster then walking speed, rested up and tried again last night after my upper body work out and I felt the same discomfort from the previous week so I stopped immediately

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I feel like I have to brag to the Internet about this one:

Today I ran 10k distance barefoot on beach sand in under 1 hour. That's a 9:30 min/mile pace for 6+ miles at times running through water when the waves broke on shore. Never did that before. Usually I run about 11 min/mile on sand, but today I got lucky that the sand was packed tightly and not too dry or too much like quicksand.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
How do you guys get rid of runners knees?

I made the mistake last week of feeling discomfort after my 1st few strides and still running 2 miles, next day it was hurting to go faster then walking speed, rested up and tried again last night after my upper body work out and I felt the same discomfort from the previous week so I stopped immediately

Icyhot works...

And did you make the mistake of running too many miles too fast?

Like if you do 10 miles a week and then suddenly start doing 20, you gonna have an issue

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
Anyone hear ever deal with sore heels from running? Been increasing my mileage and noticed that I got some pain going on in the back of my heels. Gonna take some time off but can’t lie it’s killing me not to get out there.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Anyone hear ever deal with sore heels from running? Been increasing my mileage and noticed that I got some pain going on in the back of my heels. Gonna take some time off but can’t lie it’s killing me not to get out there.

Yeah I just went thru that..

You gotta take a few days off and do a slow jog...and try to hit the mileage you were trying to accomplish..

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
Yeah I just went thru that..

You gotta take a few days off and do a slow jog...and try to hit the mileage you were trying to accomplish..

Yeah I took a few days off, stretched, and got some new shoes but the struggle was still real.

Gonna give it some time I guess.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Last year while training for a "Workplace Challenge" race (about 3.5 miles) I was wearing shoes that were probably a half size too small for me. For my "normal" runs those shoes were OK, but I was really trying to push myself in the last two weeks leading up to the race and during the race itself. After the race I started having pains in the back of my heel that flare up after I run. Based on doing a lot of Google searches for my symptoms, I'm pretty sure that I gave myself bursitis in my heel. MY problem is, I don't have the patience to really let it heal up properly. I rest for a while, then I go out and run and it flares up again. I did a half marathon in January, and I couldn't walk right for a week. One thing that I found that helped was rolling Biofreeze gel on it.

I just did a 10k race last Saturday, and thankfully my heel didn't flare up this time. So it looks like I'm finally pretty much over it. But I don't think it would have hurt me from July 2018 to June 2019 if I just had the patience to WAIT and give it time to heal before getting out there and running again.

TLDR: Don't sprint in shoes that are too small, even if you can run slowly in them with no problems. Don't keep running on your regular schedule if you have a nagging heel injury...give it time.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
How many miles y'all putting up daily? I just hit 4 for the first time, usually do 3 in the morning:flabbynsick:

Chronic

All Star
Daps
Last year while training for a "Workplace Challenge" race (about 3.5 miles) I was wearing shoes that were probably a half size too small for me. For my "normal" runs those shoes were OK, but I was really trying to push myself in the last two weeks leading up to the race and during the race itself. After the race I started having pains in the back of my heel that flare up after I run. Based on doing a lot of Google searches for my symptoms, I'm pretty sure that I gave myself bursitis in my heel. MY problem is, I don't have the patience to really let it heal up properly. I rest for a while, then I go out and run and it flares up again. I did a half marathon in January, and I couldn't walk right for a week. One thing that I found that helped was rolling Biofreeze gel on it.

I just did a 10k race last Saturday, and thankfully my heel didn't flare up this time. So it looks like I'm finally pretty much over it. But I don't think it would have hurt me from July 2018 to June 2019 if I just had the patience to WAIT and give it time to heal before getting out there and running again.

TLDR: Don't sprint in shoes that are too small, even if you can run slowly in them with no problems. Don't keep running on your regular schedule if you have a nagging heel injury...give it time.
I've finished two 10K wearing shoes that one size smaller, fortunately I didn't injure my feet.

I'm currently looking for daily training shoes that could be used for up for half marathon, any recommendation?

Also while my big toes have enough room my smaller toes is touching the side of the shoes a bit (although not to the point of being uncomfortable), should I go 1/2 size up?

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Just banged out 9.3 miles on a run home from work and my legs died on that last mile. But I got it done. Marathon training season is officially underway and I’m trying to go hard with it.

Hardest part is the recovery. Sore legs, knees, ankles are the real barrier when you wanna bounce back quickly. But I’m in a groove. Copped the Powerbeats Pro and those shyts are built for runs/workouts and worth the money.