Coli Runners Unite

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
I didn't even see this response..lol

If you add extra mileage and try to push it, yeah u might feel it...

I took about a week off and it was all good after that. Tough to take down time but I’m back. Just had to build back some stamina.

I was scared that I had planter faciatis, which I heard can last forever.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
People who run in the afternoon heat... I salute you

If I'm not running top speed, or if I'm trail running, I'll wear a camelbak or similar backpack filled with water while running. Then it's not so bad even in 90+ weather.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Did what I'm calling my "Doctor Strange Car Accident" trail run today, in high 80's degree weather. Ran over the GW Bridge, then a couple of miles down the Long Path trail by the Palisades Parkway top of the cliffs, then 300ft down the cliff stairs to the river, then struggled my way back up the cliff stairs and back down over the bridge.

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

Did what I'm calling my "Doctor Strange Car Accident" trail run today, in high 80's degree weather. Ran over the GW Bridge, then a couple of miles down the Long Path trail by the Palisades Parkway top of the cliffs, then 300ft down the cliff stairs to the river, then struggled my way back up the cliff stairs and back down over the bridge.

Breh you getting it in. I love that GWB run even tho i feel like the running/biking lane is too damn tight to handle both directions of travel.

I have a long run that I “sketched” out in Strava where I start at Columbus circle, then up the path along the west side highway and over GWB and then down the water in Jersey until I hit Weehawken. 16 miles but not sure if I am ready yet. Just did 11 tonight since the marathon training plan called for it and I was out of gas on the last mile but still got it done. Legs are finished. But the plan says just 3 miles tomorrow.

That heat/humidity this weekend has been a beast. Have no idea how I ran all weekend.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Breh you getting it in. I love that GWB run even tho i feel like the running/biking lane is too damn tight to handle both directions of travel.

I have a long run that I “sketched” out in Strava where I start at Columbus circle, then up the path along the west side highway and over GWB and then down the water in Jersey until I hit Weehawken. 16 miles but not sure if I am ready yet. Just did 11 tonight since the marathon training plan called for it and I was out of gas on the last mile but still got it done. Legs are finished. But the plan says just 3 miles tomorrow.

That heat/humidity this weekend has been a beast. Have no idea how I ran all weekend.

I actually did this last August:

I ran over the bridge, got on the Long Path trail, and trail ran basically half marathon distance on the New Jersey side all the way up to the New York state line. Then I got on the route 9w bus and took it back to the city.

I actually think its easier to run for a long distance on trails than on pavement. It forces you slow down to avoid tripping on rocks and roots. When I try to do a long run on pavement I have to fight the temptation to accelerate and let my heart rate jump up into the red zone.

Kwabena

I am STEM.
Daps
Reppin
Antibes
These were on sale and I needed new running shoes. Can’t wait to pick em up and hit the road :wow:
1796697d-1580-47b8-9265-a4af1467408f.jpeg

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
These were on sale and I needed new running shoes. Can’t wait to pick em up and hit the road :wow:
Ewwww, Nike’s. You should hit up running warehouse dotcom. Apparently, you can cop last years top running shoe models sometimes for damn near 76% off. Haven’t tried it yet but some folks I know swear by it

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

Leave these alone breh. You’re gonna fukk your feet up. If you’re rocking with Nike, look at the Pegasus, Vomero and the Zoom Fly for those long runs/race days.

Keep in mind, Nike isn’t for everyone. If you’re trying to be about that running life go to a runner specific shop and have you’re stride/gait/form analyzed and they will tell you what shoes you should rock with. Even if it’s some ugly aaa Brooks, you want what will make your run comfortable instead of dealing with shin splints, blisters and weak ass ankles.

Those kicks you got should be relegated to gym duty or around the house in the garage duty.

So yeah, head to a runner shop and get two pairs of kicks that work best for you.

Kwabena

I am STEM.
Daps
Reppin
Antibes
Ewwww, Nike’s. You should hit up running warehouse dotcom. Apparently, you can cop last years top running shoe models sometimes for damn near 76% off. Haven’t tried it yet but some folks I know swear by it
Might return and get Asics or UA