Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

.r.

Veteran
Daps
tumblr_nzxmw7FWCl1t0874bo1_r1_500.gif

The Liberation of L.B. Jones
(1970)
- Good movie about a really fukk'd situation.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Love-and-Friendship-movie-movie-critics.jpg

It's a period costume drama with all of the sappy, romantic melodrama removed. It's fantastic.

Brilliant little movie. Lady Susan is such a fantastic, conniving, manipulating c*nt, it's just wonderful to watch her move around talking shyt out of her ass which such conviction. That and the hilarity of Sir James Martin fumbling around being a total idiot made for fantastic entertainment.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Brilliant little movie. Lady Susan is such a fantastic, conniving, manipulating c*nt, it's just wonderful to watch her move around talking shyt out of her ass which such conviction. That and the hilarity of Sir James Martin fumbling around being a total idiot made for fantastic entertainment.

The 10/11 Commandments bit is so great.

Now I'm curious whether I'm missing out not having seen anything else from Stillman.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Angie Tribeca

"I always wanted to see how youd look wearing my bomb vest." :shaq:

:deadmanny:

"You named her Angie after me?"

"Him. I named HIM Angie after you."

edit

"you know what always makes me feel better? A big bag of dikks."
lfRJNwx.jpg

:russ:

Last edited:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Nah, I think this one is better than that. The Statute of Liberty finale alone is worth watching, imo.
Last 15 minutes was great. The middle act with the blind guy and the circus etc was straight bad. Guy was one of the most wanted men in the country with pictures in every paper and the only guy who recognized him was blind :heh:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The 10/11 Commandments bit is so great.

Now I'm curious whether I'm missing out not having seen anything else from Stillman.

Yeah, this is one of those movies where you just look up the guy's name immediately afterwards like 'Who the fukk is this guy, what else has he done and what the hell is he doing next?!'

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Yeah, this is one of those movies where you just look up the guy's name immediately afterwards like 'Who the fukk is this guy, what else has he done and what the hell is he doing next?!'

I'm familiar with him in the sense that I can rattle off several titles...several on Criterion or otherwise with pretty good reputations. Barcelona, Last Days of Disco....just never seemed like something I'd like. I know many reviews say this is a little different for him, but I'm still intrigued.