Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
MV5BODdjYTQ3NDMtZGZhZC00NmEwLThmYjItYjRmMzM2OTY4MTc3XkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg
An Italian firm's essay on how a woman's independence threatens the family dynamic, 5/10

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Is I like Movies streaming anywhere?

I Like Movies still isn't streaming anywhere in America.

But....

Remember the movie Marquee that was making the rounds in the internet of how Lost Boys, Robocop, and Predator were all at the same theatre. Kevin Smith made a movie about movie hopping between those caliber of movies.

Hopefully it has a better ending than I Like Movies.

RNFF4RKJYNBYDELVY65J4HRVIQ.jpeg

Marquee fake and from Stranger things, by the way

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
bG0uanBn

Movie is just a silly as it was when I first watched it, whenever the fukk it came out. Cookie cutter characters on linear paths during an important incident in which they don't have time to grow, or slow down, which in and of itself is fair, since it's more about the ride than the people riding. Gordon and Levitz both make and ultimately suffer in this movie 'cause their performances are pretty damned good to be wasted on such a 'pedestrian' script. Also, homey has a super power in which he can slow down time and mentally scenarios in which he's presented with the consequences of taking paths during rushour traffic or some shyt. Not really, but it happens and made me completely give up on this shyt as anything other than just a silly, but somewhat enjoyable movie.
6/10​

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Limbo_2020_Film_poster.png

For some reason, they put this shyt in the 'comedy' section, when the comedy isn't really funny, or comedic. Asylum seekers chucked onto a desolate island which serves as a holding cell for them while they wait without word for weeks, months and even years on their cases to be sorted out, isn't funny. It could be funny, but it isn't. This movie wasn't funny nor where the people or situations in it. It follows a dude from Syria who was convinced by his family to run away during 'the war' or a 'war' to seek asylum in Europe, who is stuck with others in very similar situations. The main character emotionally reserved and the other guys are too emotionally charged, so the deadpan 'humour' of their interactions could past for a comedy, but it's all to hide a more painful truth and humanitarian neglect and abuse they are being forced to endure as you know...refugees?
What the fukk am I even typing right now? You won't watch this and possibly can't anymore since it came off of Netflix.
5.8/10. The .8 is because dude plays an oud and the performance was the only thrilling part of this banal exercise of watching this movie.