Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
MV5BNTM0YTBlMjctZjJjZS00MDU4LTg5YmQtMDY5Y2FhMWZiMjQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU0NzQxNTE@._V1_.jpg
Penelope Cruz is real good in this but overall moviecis slow and over dramatic, Shailene Woodley has a good monolog but that's followed by a useless flashback. If it was for the crash and closing music, I'd never known this was a Michael Mann movie, 6/10.

Ok, now I got some tidying up to do....

In the aftermath of Ford v Ferrari, we got hit with three European (Italian) automaker stories.

Lamborghini (Tubi)
Audi v Lancia
Ferrari

Audi v Lancia was the worst, boring as all hell. I'm very certain that 80s rally racing was more exciting than that. All three of these made the lead in Gran Turismo have charisma. And that's another thing, none of them had the shine of modern cars. Ford v Ferrari at least had that even thought it's in the 60s, Ferrari is a prequel to that movie.

Last but not least, I sit here and ponder who got paid more, Dakota Johnson in Audi v Lancia or Minnie Driver in Beekeeper. Minnie probably got free drinks but Dakota never left the hotel so...

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Double feature:

MV5BNGNjNjU1YmEtZGM5MC00ODgzLWEyY2MtZmZmNTlhOGU4OWJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Basic_Instinct.png

I miss the dark, sleek, sexy vibe movies from this time had :ohlawd:

81JgsD1EoIL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
like Quantum Leap but only in 8 minute intervals and with a twist. The twist is what I have issues with, it means governments or entities can own you into the grave. The movie understands how problematic it is and get you to the finish line pretty quickly. But you have an ending so saccharine yo teeth might fall out.

Interesting Easter egg, Scott Bakula plays the father but you only hear his voice.

Last day on Max if you want to see it. @Fresh

I always felt this one was heavily slept on :ehh:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
MV5BZWFhNmI3OWQtOTU5Zi00ODA3LWExNjctMTllZWE2ZGE3ZTA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_.jpg

Had to for Carl. It's been so long since I've seen this, I forgot he drove a car through a house and up the stairs :pachaha:

Prime Sharon Stone and Vanity :shaq:
90s Sharon stone was a full grown woman but yeah...

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm really behind on stand up in general. Outside of the OGs I really don't know who is up and coming. I just randomly added a bunch to my Netflix queue the other day. If you wanna recommend any, let me know. Besides this one pictured, that was pretty good, also saw the recent Matt Rife special that had people mad, it was okay.

MV5BYmU1ZjgwMDktY2ZmOS00YWJhLTllMWItNTg5MzYyNDYxNWZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYyMDQ1OTAz._V1_.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I finished watching Blackkklansman yesterday.

I thought it was okay.
Visually and in terms of the acting, the movie reminded me of Starsky & Hutch (2004). That's the vibe that I got. The dialogue and the styles...it just didn't feel authentic. I thought it was a B-movie trying to tackle a serious topic.

That said, I thought the movie did allude to some real issues and questions that need to be explored more. The scene where John David Washington pushes Adam Driver about how he's never thought about himself being jewish and passing for white is something that I think would resonate with a lot of people. The scene with Harry Belafonte talking about the lynchings and murders against the backdrop of the White Supremacists watching "Birth of a Nation" was powerful. And the ending where Spike Lee ties this long racist history to what is still happening today (with Charlottesville) reminds the viewer that our racist history isn't something far away in the country's rear view mirror and that we continue to refuse to reconcile it.

I did like the narrative of the movie. I didn't really enjoy the characters that much. I thought the dialogue was a bit goofy. Spike DID point to how they make an effort to infiltrate government and other positions of power and that's important to show given how the FBI Director said white supremacists were the number 1 threat to the country a couple of years ago.

I think all things considered it's a good movie, but it's not Spike Lee's masterpiece.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
cGc

7.8 out of 10.
shyt starts off pretty serious. A broad struggling to keep her tech company afloat, flirts with the criminal underworld she been trying her best to not to be involved with but is linked to, due to her having a kid with the brother of one of the ruling drug lords in the area. She meets a seemingly benign wedding singer who is actually an enforcer in said gang, that sparks a heated rivalry between majoring drug gangs.
I hate when shyt gets touted as "Blank but with..." as this was to me, in terms of being a Swedish version of Top Boy or some shyt. It ain't. Drugs and gangs, yeah, but that's where the similarities end. Top Boy is way more ambitious...and engaging, but this shyt wasn't bad too. You might like a character or two and end up binging it in a weekend since it's short. About 12 episodes over two seasons, with Season 1 being the best. Outside of some of the silliest Gunfights I've seen in recent memory, the shyt was entertaining. Give it a go, you might find something to enjoy or you can just use it as a pallete cleanser like I am before going back into the first pressing of Top Boy and then into whatever bullshyt that Beige motherfukker championed for the reboot.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
MV5BOTkzYmMxNTItZDAxNC00NGM0LWIyODMtMWYzMzRkMjIyMTE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAyMjQ3NzQ1._V1_.jpg

I hate everything about this movie. See, this is a prime example of what's wrong with hollywood and cinema in general. This pretentious piece of shyt is like a fetish fantasy, instead of a story of letting go of the past. Instead of going about it like this type of flick:

MV5BYWVjNjMwZTgtMGYyYy00NmVhLWE1NDItMzFhMmJkYTNjYWIwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg

It has overkill fantasies of:

• Asian jawn going goo goo ga ga over white savior
  • Poor Asian dude lost in the sauce and did all of that shyt for nothing
  • Pathetic cac being a arrogant writer
  • Asian jawn living the "American dream"
The fact that this flick got raves last year, makes me ill to my damn stomach and I'm not even a damn Asian. I feel for those that have to endure these self-hatred ass flicks, as much as I am black marsupial endured pretentious black cinema with no payoff other than life tramua.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
MV5BZGQxNWJhZDEtZTAyNC00ZmMyLWFlZGYtZjRjOWM4MjQwMTMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTg2ODkz._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Adored this film to death. You cannot watch it on an empty stomach though. I have a deep appreciation for the culinary arts and love to see it represented well in film and television. This was an extension of that. It’s a very sensual project, with a lot of intimate camera angles that made me feel like I was right there in the kitchen. A film about love, and not just between the central leads, but the love of one’s craft.

If you’ve watched ‘The Bear’ and found yourself enjoying those quieter moments where Carmy and the crew get into the food prep and were on the grind at their kitchen stations, then you should have a good time with this one. Liked how this didn’t portray cooking in a spiffy clean manner like I see in most other stuff. A spotless kitchen while at work is unrealistic as hell, and it’s inevitable that you’ll make a mess at some point.

The food actually looked…delicious? I was expecting the opposite. All those colorful ingredients they were throwing into the pot, resulting in bomb ass dishes, and there I was chowing down on some fast mozzarella sticks and a calorie bomb milkshake. Film humbled my intake game quick.

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay

I didn’t know Han from Fast & Furious was raised by his Black stepdad :ohhh: