Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
1bfb56cacae577b8a490be94b9faab038abc499928e351d470062a8fa46cf38b.jpg

This is set in the 1960s with a lead actress who Plays a character that hasn't experienced nothing but verbal abuse from her father and hasn't gone anywhere. She works at the boys prison which should have never been a thing but I guess nobody knew any better.

In comes Anne Hathaway's character, a psychologist hired to work at the prison and.... I'll leave it there.

I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome of this movie, too bad it didn't come out a month earlier or later, it would have gotten serious consideration for movie of the year. 10/10

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
the-great-season-3-official-poster-v0-y08zeoov6pta1.jpg

After many months waiting to watch this (I blame being in Canada the main culprit because originally it was on Prime and then moved to Hulu but Hulu which is apart of Disney+ here didn't run it for whatever reason, so I just waited and waited until I just ended up pirating it. Another reason why I'm pro-pirating for instances like this.) and I'm truly going to miss it.

Loved how well written, how well-acted it was. It was a true joy watching this show,. Did not know Tony McNamara, the creator of this show, also wrote Poor Things and The Favourite, two movies I really like. 18th Century satire is a genre I didn't expect to like so much.

daemonova

Daps
night-swim-0e12e1ed.jpg
7/10
it wasn't gory gory, nice exposition, the ending is predictable but that's mostly due to heavy editing

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
The-Kitchen-2023.jpg

6.5/10

Most anyone willing to give this a go off seeing Sully gonna be sorely disappointed when they see nothing more than an unexplained low budget dystopian future in which two emotionally stunted individuals sidle next to each other in a vehicle that meanders to a weird, barely resolved conclusion. Set in a world you've got to decipher yourself because there is absolutely NO world building or explanation as to why relatively poor folk are living in abandoned apartments that are being systematically cut of resources as the "police" routinely look to move everyone out of the buildings to attain the land, I presume, you've got a sullen middle aged man named Izi who works at a futuristic funeral home in which dead ones are harvested into trees or some shyt instead of buried, sees a funeral of a woman he once knew.
Silelently viewing the shyts, atended only by her son, he is then confronted by said son who questions him as to who he is, while assuming that he's his father or knows about him, because his mother told him that a special person in his life works at the same funeral parlour she was eventually interred at. Both cats aren't exactly known for their social skills and the kid falls into a seemingly bad crowd who's part of the occupants of "The Kitchen" which I guess is one of the last decent squatter high rises left, since the Government/Police have been systematically raiding them and killing/jailing anyone they find within the buildings.
shyt had potential but at the same time, the writing/direction leaves way too many questions that you got to answer yourself, as to why the shyt is the way it is and why so little is being done to combat an oppressive force that's fukking things up without question. I mean, how many times are you going to see your loved ones and neighbours get beaten up, killed, tossed out, during the common place 'scattering' that takes place when these forces run up in these buildings, every few days, before you decide to do something about it?
While the actor who plays Tully has already proven his pedigree as capable of not being just a grime rapper, but an actor who can accurately portray the shyt he sings about, I think the kid in question didn't get a chance to shine as much as he could've with such weak dialogue and direction to the point you'd rather see anyone else on screen but these two, together.
Wouldn't watch again, even if I forget about the shyts.

If you read this and seen this, speak on it.

daemonova

Daps
The-Kitchen-2023.jpg

6.5/10

Most anyone willing to give this a go off seeing Sully gonna be sorely disappointed when they see nothing more than an unexplained low budget dystopian future in which two emotionally stunted individuals sidle next to each other in a vehicle that meanders to a weird, barely resolved conclusion. Set in a world you've got to decipher yourself because there is absolutely NO world building or explanation as to why relatively poor folk are living in abandoned apartments that are being systematically cut of resources as the "police" routinely look to move everyone out of the buildings to attain the land, I presume, you've got a sullen middle aged man named Izi who works at a futuristic funeral home in which dead ones are harvested into trees or some shyt instead of buried, sees a funeral of a woman he once knew.
Silelently viewing the shyts, atended only by her son, he is then confronted by said son who questions him as to who he is, while assuming that he's his father or knows about him, because his mother told him that a special person in his life works at the same funeral parlour she was eventually interred at. Both cats aren't exactly known for their social skills and the kid falls into a seemingly bad crowd who's part of the occupants of "The Kitchen" which I guess is one of the last decent squatter high rises left, since the Government/Police have been systematically raiding them and killing/jailing anyone they find within the buildings.
shyt had potential but at the same time, the writing/direction leaves way too many questions that you got to answer yourself, as to why the shyt is the way it is and why so little is being done to combat an oppressive force that's fukking things up without question. I mean, how many times are you going to see your loved ones and neighbours get beaten up, killed, tossed out, during the common place 'scattering' that takes place when these forces run up in these buildings, every few days, before you decide to do something about it?
While the actor who plays Tully has already proven his pedigree as capable of not being just a grime rapper, but an actor who can accurately portray the shyt he sings about, I think the kid in question didn't get a chance to shine as much as he could've with such weak dialogue and direction to the point you'd rather see anyone else on screen but these two, together.
Wouldn't watch again, even if I forget about the shyts.

If you read this and seen this, speak on it.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
images

Watched this on Hulu. When taking a dip into debauchery goes very wrong. Alexander Skarsgard isn't afraid to go weird in his acting roles and Mia Goth is both funny and kinda terrifying in this. Was hoping to see Cleopatra Coleman more, since I haven't seen her in a lot since Last Man on Earth.

daemonova

Daps

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Graduate (1967) gotta be one of the most overrated movies ever.

Saw this for the first time last night and I can't understand why this movie is considered a classic. The beginning makes sense. Kid graduates college and feels unsure of himself. He doesn't know what he wants to do with his life. Some old PAWG comes onto him trying to smash. He's nervous about the whole thing. I'm with you so far. They smash. Eventually he wants to talk...probably because he's catching feelings. She doesn't because she recognizes what this whole thing really is. Then the movie all falls apart when the daughter gets involved. The husband finds out about the cheating and doesn't stomp Dustin Hoffman's brains out? There's more but come on man....