Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
MV5BMjcyMTkzMWEtNjZmYS00ZjFkLWJhNGEtYzM4Y2MwYjFiNDMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc5NDc2Nw@@._V1_.jpg

:russ:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
MV5BNDljNGZkNmItNDlmMi00YzJhLWJiYWUtNGY4OGEwNmY0ODg4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Went and downloaded that Aliens: Fireteam Elite game because it was on sale on gamepass and realized quickly how much of the Aliens lore I was behind on so I started rewatching some films and rereading wikis and what-not.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
msqWSQkU403cQKjQHnWLnugv7EY.jpg

Thought the first one was just okay so I wasn't in any rush to watch this one. I really enjoyed it. Now I want a third movie.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
MV5BNDk2YTA1MGYtMGNjMi00YTJlLWI1YjItMjBjOGJlZGIwZmYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODA0MjgyNzM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Finally watched this after putting it off for the last year.

I can't lie....i think it's good. I think it's wild that critics turned on this film the way they did. I think it's a very effective, unsettling psychological horror film. If you're coming into it expecting a meat and potatoes Hollywood biopic then you're gonna be confused, but this might be the best post-#metoo film that interrogates the demonic Hollywood machine and how it preys on young women.

It's an UGLY film. It's unpleasant. But that's how it should be. Big Polanski and Lynch influences, but tasteful IMO unlike Babylon's craven Scorsese and PTA karaoke.

Definitely a misunderstood film.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
MV5BZmZkZGEzYmEtNmQzMS00MzlmLTkyZGQtNjJiZmQxN2VhZDMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5OTIzMTcy._V1_.jpg

Yes, another one of these nuclear fission movies but the interracial relationship in this one is the crux of the movie. You won't get that from the trailer. Things fall apart anyway as one would expect in a post apocalyptic society. I read a book that had the same beginning, it started raining and never stop, though admittedly this movie didn't have the budget to really showcase that. First half or the movie is pretty good but once the shelter gets raided (the military protected shelter gets raided, what happened to the military) the plot hit a brick and dies know what to do next, it just limps to the finish. I felt that Katerine Waterston was wasted but so was another star. Oh, well, I guess, 6/10

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
currently watching The Five Deadly Venoms

then I'm going to finish watching the new Godzilla King of the Monsters that I've never seen all the way thru

edit - just watched the recent Godzilla King of the Monsters...cool movie, and I really liked the story line

in my opinion Godzilla Minus 1 is still the best out of all the recent Godzilla movies

I like how Godzilla can be a good guy in one movie and a heel in another movie

I'm still going to see Godzilla x Kong New Empire when it comes out March 29th, the movie looks good

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Saint_Maud_poster.jpg

Religion + a fractured psyche = Not so great results. Some very striking imagery and a really good performance at the center. Didn't realize the actress is the same one who plays Galadriel in the LOTR TV series. Sounds different and looks younger, kudos for delivering in 2 very different roles.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
just watched Kong Skull Island again

definitely my favorite Kong movie

Kong was vicious in this

and my boy Samuel L Jackson was in it

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
xvJEN6gsz9bw2pJ5OPuMcQRqgeW.jpg

6Nb7vHR12rlXygjAfXZxnAj7ScF.jpg

I forgot how fun these two films were, especially the first one. It's a pity that the third film ruined what could've been a solid trilogy, but I'll bet that it makes a pretty good drink coaster while you watch the first two.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
The first John Wick, John was killing like 90% of the people he shot...in the head, and I loved it

I miss where there were more rated R action movies, but sadly even action movies are rated pg-13 because Hollywood is greedy

on a side note Godzilla Minus 1 was viscious, but imagine if they did a rated r Godzilla Minus 1, it was clearly meant more fore adults, but maybe because this one was Japanese