Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
AAAAQeIvEH9JoTzAFP5p__CRYRWYrdE4jQ_pCxUvmXhC65K8OnCBAJ-Pc3diF4P8pnVnpqQ7t_YYd0nXyoLBo3OW3rC5HScFzw0tSHuiBFaZRMIMCrWanI_fCE2UyNcFROX61OknwydWjkH0FzkfEsHYACLft_7OPiAdzbWgNHa50wKpa5pAZ7yH2AB3L_iWQ-Tvd783pydaTBtbVYAlTxTfNOFoYlQTpwuy40d69lNYAHKM5Y7T0A49kBs75uiMtyNNRaBD_zbNQJF5Mkm2qQ.jpg

Watched it last week and enjoyed it. Well paced, some good tension, and funnier than I expected. Also has one of the best action scenes I've seen this year.​

What about this did you really enjoy?
I watched this a few days ago and I honestly thought that outside of the cinematography and what's not, it was a frivolous tale of revenge that had no real rhyme or reason to what was happening.​

Address_Unknown

Daps

The premise had me curious and I found it on Netflix so I tucked in to watch.
It was...interesting and entertaining enough, even though it's one of those "Nothing will be explained to you" type pieces where you just have to focus on what's happening as opposed to why it's happening or even how (How does the platform work?).
It's still on Netflix. Check it out if the trailer piqued your interest.

Address_Unknown

Daps
I felt exactly the same.​

I nearly got into a fist fight with this boujee ass nikka in the parking lot of the house watched this shyt at in explanation as to what the fukk we just watched.

It looked good and low-key, had breh actually had a proper reason for going on the rampage he was on, I woulda been rooting like I was on the Arsenio Hall show but you mean to tell me the first 10 mins of this film is this lunatic monolouging about being cold, precise, accurate and extolling to us about how much of a fukk he don't give only to see him fukk UP and not accept the consequences of his fukking up?

I mean in the end dude kinda used some reasoning and jumped out of Duke's apartment after leaving a warning cause he realised he done did all he technically needed to do to on the mission he went on but like, damn? You's the only one not allowed to give a fukk?

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

What about this did you really enjoy?
I watched this a few days ago and I honestly thought that outside of the cinematography and what's not, it was a frivolous tale of revenge that had no real rhyme or reason to what was happening.​

I just thought it was a fun ride, and I think The Killer is
lying to himself in his inner monologue, compared to some of his actions

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
MV5BM2FhZTAxNDUtZGMwMS00MmI1LTg1Y2UtZTIwMmIzNjM0YzZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM1NjM2ODg1._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I enjoyed it. Yes it felt phoned it and "REMEMBER GOOD BURGER 1!! :krs: " type of flick, but I chuckled and was dying of laughter throughout the movie. It was a goofy short flick. Nothing more or less :yeshrug:

Genie_2023_film_poster.jpg

I really loved this movie. It felt like a charming old school Christmas flick with no stupid shyt like modern flicks tend to have (COUGH NETFLIX. Family and I enjoyed it, especially the wife and she's picky with flicks.

9QWkE37UXlpfhZrTIsaZHdWmooGJ1a_original.jpg

Sighs...I'm trying to see the hype with this movie. Like I really wanted to watch it and enjoy it, but good grief, it felt like the longest hour and thirty minutes of my life. Beyond the chess scene at the beach between death and the knight, this flick felt like a bloated old fashion turd of pretentious satire arthouse babble.

And I love such things :francis:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
6a219d6a92b95dd0d18bfb65bfddbc575d97a0992dbcd80c2600ad9f8f042e67._UY500_UX667_RI_TTW_.jpg

Got recommend this movie, so I watched it on Prime Video. I thought it was okay. Once the premise kicks into gear, would have liked a better execution. Some silly parts towards the end and thought the ending fell flat.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Chevalier

I avoided it for the longest because the previews made it look like some action film.

It is at the end of the day, using music as a vehicle.

But i got high af and started watching. The fact it’s an action movie taking place in the 1700s and this nikka is styling on mfers left and right, it’s earned my LOL award for this Saturday night

:pachaha:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Chevalier

I avoided it for the longest because the previews made it look like some action film.

It is at the end of the day, using music as a vehicle.

But i got high af and started watching. The fact it’s an action movie taking place in the 1700s and this nikka is styling on mfers left and right, it’s earned my LOL award for this Saturday night

:pachaha:
I wouldn't consider it an action film, I would consider it a historical thriller.

But yeah it's cool

daemonova

Daps
MV5BZDRhMzYwZWMtNDlhZS00Y2UzLWEwNWYtMjkyZmFkODc5Mjg2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzYwMTA2NA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

If you've seen one black Christmas movie, you seen them all. This movie (on Starz) won't reinvent the wheel but it avoid the major pitfalls of black Christmas movies in that, it avoids the "let me jump across the dinner table" drama. All it wants to do is set up the next joke.

K.d. Aubert gets first billing, she still eye candy as she gets older, obviously doesn't have the acting chops but that's not why you're here. She wore a yes dress in a hotel bar, I was blown. 7/10

daemonova

Daps
MV5BOTFhNjBjOGEtYTY5ZS00ZWNjLWE3NGUtNWRmMmVmZjA5ZTA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDA4NzMyOA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

A good digital buy, I highly recommend it as a date movie so you too can be blown by the decision the lead character makes. He the worst drug dealer ever, to start with.

One caveat I wanna say in general is that no 50 year old white collar white man is going to announce to the world in a convenience store that he won the latto.

Normally I wouldn't recommend movies with interracial romances to black women. But no black woman would make the decisions she make in this movie, she damn sure as wouldn't be in a convenience store looking for some Halo Top.

(Sidebar: I've worked for some real horrible job situations, supervisors, you name it, let that hang in the air for a minute...

This is a Fresh Market story, the store manager wanted me gone gone, he was looking for that third strike. A black woman came into the store looking for sugar free ice cream. The decade since has removed the horrible details of the interaction. Long story short, we didn't have she wanted. She went ballistic, made a big blowout all over the store. I thought I was a goner because I got wrote up for less than that. Nothing happened because she was so insane, they couldn't use that as the final nail)

Speaking of insanity, the director knew he couldn't have senorita go Rambo on a SWAT fireteam, so he came up with a ending more insane than that. 7/10

Last edited: