Coli breh gets pistol whipped in broad daylight in Washington DC

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
I bet your ass stayed in Northwest.
I stayed in the main part of DC during the day…visited the Smithsonian African American museum. spent the night in va—Arlington I think Clarendon station… I stayed where the money is at I guess. I went to “Keith & Sons soul food cafe” … ppl said it was the hood… I couldn’t tell :yeshrug:

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Environmental influences? We have to look at what can most influence a person. In most cases it seems to be the people you grew up with and hang around. And considering there are low income blacks who do good, I think it's safe to assume it's the individual that chooses their path.

I won't say we have more criminals than other groups, because I don't know that. But we have to go up the chain to see what causes criminal behavior. A lot of it points to parenting and environmental influences.

And considering there are low income blacks living in the same situation but living righteous, it largely points to individuals choosing to resort to crime on their own accord. Can there be real external factors to blame for crime if you have good individuals living in the same situation ?

This.

As a parent to two teenagers... This shyt falls directly on how we raise our children and the environment/community we raise them in..

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
I stayed in the main part of DC during the day…visited the Smithsonian African American museum. spent the night in va—Arlington I think Clarendon station… I stayed where the money is at I guess. I went to “Keith & Sons soul food cafe” … ppl said it was the hood… I couldn’t tell :yeshrug:

That was Maryland breh. :mjlol:

and Arlington is not DC despite being just over the bridge. BIG difference.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
This.

As a parent to two teenagers... This shyt falls directly on how we raise our children and the environment/community we raise them in..

I'm not a parent, but do parents have 100% control of their kids and what they do?

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
That is certainly true. And I like that you separated the normal black people from the criminals. I thought it was strange for people to lump them together as one culture.

What is it that causes us to have higher percentage of those elements? We apparently have more people in our version of criminal subculture, but why? What led them into that criminal subculture and where did it even come from? Maybe it's certain environmental factors like another guy pointed out?
I mean. You can look at the formation of japans criminal element as a prime example.

In Japan, in whatever year in the past where all the warlords were forced to integrate into
a centralized government, an entire population of samurai found themselves with no place in society as Japan was trying to create a modern army to counter the centralized armies of European nations.

The samurai were seen as a threat to the power of the centralized government and were forced to step away from their profession and hand in their swords. Those who did were allowed to integrate into society, those who didn’t either had to stay in hiding or be killed.

The samurai who hid, were essentially shunned by society as a whole. Sort of blacklisted. If you are shunned by society, not allowed to integrate, and are forced to still figure out a way to make a living… it’s essentially the main catalyst for the development of a criminal culture.

The samurai and their descendants were given a slur that reflects their existence outside of society. Yakuza means “unlucky hand” from a card game that was popular. It’s like calling them
Losers. And we can see in modern times what that led to.

any community that is not allowed to integrate fully and peacefully will eventually form a culture that shuns being part of society.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
This.

Visited DC during Covid. Legit one of the most cleanest cities in the USA. Went to the hood part well drove thru it with someone from DC who was showing me around. Wasn't really that bad looking. I don't think its a poverty thing its a culture thing

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
That is certainly true. And I like that you separated the normal black people from the criminals. I thought it was strange for people to lump them together as one culture.

What is it that causes us to have higher percentage of those elements? We apparently have more people in our version of criminal subculture, but why? Maybe it's certain environmental factors like another guy pointed out?
A lot of it is environmental (neighborhoods, income, etc) and to some degree parenting. That's all there really is to it and yes as a kid grows into an adult there can be other things to further enable (influences, etc) or put them in the motion to be who they've become but majority of it stems from the type of community they were raised in, the economical structure, and upbringing (friends, family, etc).

I wish people would stop acting or making it seem like “black crime” is “one of a kind, different than the others, etc” or some unique case that needs to be studied.

The answers are simple. The same reasons and answers for why an individual from another culture and other upbringing might engage in criminal activities can be applied to Black people. There's no need to further elaborate on it or suggest that it's something bigger than what it is because it brings out the wrong assumptions and negative connotations about Black people.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
This.

Visited DC during Covid. Legit one of the most cleanest cities in the USA. Went to the hood part well drove thru it with someone from DC who was showing me around. Wasn't really that bad looking. I don't think its a poverty thing its a culture thing

Y'all have to be in Northwest or the nice parts of Southwest/Northeast. No way in Hell could you go to parts of Southeast and think it's "clean". But that's alright.. your tourist ass should NOT be around there. :mjlol:

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Y'all have to be in Northwest or the nice parts of Southwest/Northeast. No way in Hell could you go to parts of Southeast and think it's "clean". But that's alright.. your tourist ass should NOT be around there. :mjlol:
You ever been to Philly? Newark? New Orleans? my tourist ass grew up in neighborhoods with shotgun homes and roosters walking around. In the middle of the city not in the country. Cut it out :comeon:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
we need more rec centers brehs
XciSXGV.png